Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 10-09-2011, 07:33 PM   #31
SunshineMan21
Starter

Member Number: 9294
Default Re: Big FO mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsteel5804 View Post
In general, the thing that bothers me most about this forum is the criticism posters get when questioning the Steelers FO. Look, this line is crap. The FO has not invested enough money / high draft picks in the line to protect their 100M dollar man. I don't care how you slice it, its true. If someone wants to gripe about it, this should be his forum. If you don't like it, there's a back button, use it. If you disagree, state why you disagree, but responses like "the sky is falling", and "what are you complaining about, we have 6 rings" are just default home answers. Get a brain and think. Why do you disagree? The people complaining are presenting arguments on why they think the line sucks and have stats and data to back that up. If you can't respond with a coherent answer that refutes the complaint, just keep it moving and STFU... That is all...
As much as "the sky is falling" comments annoy me, this guy is right.

Just because you question the FO doesn't mean you're somehow not a fan. I think our FO is among the best in the game (and I doubt many would disagree)--but that doesn't mean they're infallible. And it would be much less fun if we didn't debate the merits of their approaches.

That said, football teams have limited resources, and we basically just don't have enough cap space to sign elite O-linemen on top of having an elite defense, franchise QB, and star WRs. If you think we should have let somebody like Woodley, Troy, Timmons, or Harrison go, that's your opinion, but if you want a better O-line there's going to be a cost to that.

Besides, the FO is obviously concerned about the O-line, we just spend high draft picks on Urbik, Pouncey, and Gilbert in successive years.
SunshineMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:03 PM   #32
xbroughneck
Team Captain

Member Number: 5743

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsteel5804 View Post
In general, the thing that bothers me most about this forum is the criticism posters get when questioning the Steelers FO. Look, this line is crap. The FO has not invested enough money / high draft picks in the line to protect their 100M dollar man. I don't care how you slice it, its true. If someone wants to gripe about it, this should be his forum. If you don't like it, there's a back button, use it. If you disagree, state why you disagree, but responses like "the sky is falling", and "what are you complaining about, we have 6 rings" are just default home answers. Get a brain and think. Why do you disagree? The people complaining are presenting arguments on why they think the line sucks and have stats and data to back that up. If you can't respond with a coherent answer that refutes the complaint, just keep it moving and STFU... That is all...
Agree with this post.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:26 PM   #33
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Given a salary cap - the money had to go somewhere - and it went to the defense.

And if we did what the gripers said we did (i.e. put all the money on the OL) - the gripers would be complaining how we didn't spend any money on the defense.

Gripers will always exist and they will always have something to gripe about.