Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 10-10-2011, 01:13 AM   #11
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860
Default Re: Did someone switch out Ariens Playbook???

I think Tomlin and Ben had a private meeting and went with a different game plan!BBRRUUUCCCEEE had jack to do with this one! NO PROPS HERE!!!
Old 10-10-2011, 02:28 AM   #12
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by California-Steel View Post
The game against the Titants was not the Steelers typical offence. Quick passes to the open man. Running to setup the pass. Screen plays to keep the D honest (still needs work but they tried them). Only one long ball down the field at the right time after quick hitters all day. Attacking a teams weakness.

Either Ariens misplaced his playbook or someone gave him and Ben a stern talking to and told them to run an NFL style offence.

The Steelers looked good except for that "lets get cute" at the end of the half pick that Ben threw.

If Ben and Ariens put togeather game plans like this all the time this team could be scary good. Ben would have 30 plus TD's every season.

Good game Steelers now lets not get cute and let it go to your heads. Keep it up and build off of it.
when BR is mobile again he will go back to the long developing plays.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:53 AM   #13
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

I'll praise who ever changed the game plan. I find it hard to believe there was no heat coming down on the offense after 10 points in Houston. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize someone would loose their job if the trend would stay much of the same.

With that said...... How long will it last?
Old 10-10-2011, 08:00 AM   #14
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Quote:
I asked Arians if he had adjusted his playcalling in any way to compensate for the foot injury, and Arians swore that "not one thing" was changed. Earlier in the week, Arians went over play after play with his quarterback to check if he could run it, and Roethlisberger nodded with each. Before the game yesterday, recognizing a brick wall when he saw one, Arians told Roethlisberger: "Play football the way you know how. Don't change who you are just because people think you'll get sacked."
Read more: Kovacevic: Big Ben embodies team resolve - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...#ixzz1aNpPqz7r
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:30 AM   #15
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,243 Times in 553 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by truesteelerfan View Post
I've never said this before, but Ariens called a good game today- now just remember what works Bruce and don't get back to being yourself anytime soon.
Something else I haven't heard in a long time was when Deirdorf said that the offensive line was playing beautifully and opening up running lanes.

I half expected Rod Serling to pop out of a closet to tell me that I had entered the Twilight Zone.

The team looked pretty good yesterday - even great in some instances.
Whatever it is they're doing or whatever they've spiked Arians' Gatorade with, they need to keep doing.
What a pleasure to just watch a game knowing that we have everything under control and that even with a couple of mistakes there was nothing to worry about.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:41 AM   #16
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Against the Titans, the Steelers had by far there best offensive game-plan I've seen since Arians became OC. I hope they keep the same strategy even after Ben's foot "heals".

Mike Wallace continues to impress. If the Steelers use him the way they did yesterday (not going deep every other play), he could be as prolific as Calvin Johnson, although in a different way.

About they only negative one could find was the miscomunication which resulted in an INT. I don't think any offense is perfect in that regard though. All in all, a great performance. Ben impressed me as well, most notably with his red-zone efficiency.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:43 AM   #17
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodis View Post
I'll praise who ever changed the game plan. I find it hard to believe there was no heat coming down on the offense after 10 points in Houston. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize someone would loose their job if the trend would stay much of the same.
Perhaps Arians started reading posts here at Steelers Fever and we gave him some ideas.....
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:54 AM   #18
lardlad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10897

Yeah as some others have said, soon as Ben's foot gets better they'll go back to the 12 step pass plays.

Only hope here is someone stepped in and took control of the game plan. Otherwise the super genus will be back to his 40+ yard routes. Maybe that is what BA meant when I said "I would never ask Ben to get rid of the ball sooner." He also said there would never be a blocking back in his offense. I've seen some of that lately too, ya never know.

Realistically this was a game plan to prevent Ben from being out the rest of the season. It really had nothing to do with scheme, play calling, the OL, or even winning. BA just isn't that bright.
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #19
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

If he's always had these plays and just never ran them because of some stupid sense of arrogance and taking credit for Bens heroics he should be fired....
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:52 PM   #20
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

I am afraid to tell everyone you will only see it a few times a year....

This next week will be back to bumble stumble football.

When something works right and the offense is clicking Arians seems to go away from it and forget about for at least 8 quarters or so.

Expect to see more...

RUN TO THE RIGHT
RUN TO THE RIGHT
3rd and Long BB SACKED.

I really hope I am wrong and BA has pulled his head out of his ass but then again we are talking about Arians...