Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-09-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
caplovestroyp43
Team Captain

Member Number: 16490
Default Were We Seeing A West Coast Offense Today?

It sure sounded that way to me and hey if it works, go with it!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!

"We Will Not Go Gently. We Will Unleash Hell" Mike Tomlin
caplovestroyp43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,129 Times in 1,431 Posts
Default Re: Were We Seeing A West Coast Offense Today?

I'm not sure if that's what it was. But whatever it was, it sure as hell worked. And like they always say, if it's not broke, don't fix it!

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:39 AM   #3
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

I've been saying all along that we'd make a better West Coast team than anything else and yesterday proved it.

A West Coast offense is basically a little bit of everything and we have the talent to do just that. Since Bettis left we've been leaning more and more in a West Coast direction but we've never seemed to want to commit to it until yesterday and what we saw against the Thumbtacks was a perfect example of what we can do in a West Coast setting and I think it's a good way to go.

You know, the whole "three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust" stuff is great and all and the images it conjures up are certainly the stuff of "Steeler Football" legend, but times change and I don't see why yesterday's game can't be a prototype for the future.
Watching that game was actually fun for a change and it was refreshing to see that we can do something besides try to live up to old stereotypes.

I hope we keep moving in this direction.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:02 AM   #4
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
I've been saying all along that we'd make a better West Coast team than anything else and yesterday proved it.

A West Coast offense is basically a little bit of everything and we have the talent to do just that. Since Bettis left we've been leaning more and more in a West Coast direction but we've never seemed to want to commit to it until yesterday and what we saw against the Thumbtacks was a perfect example of what we can do in a West Coast setting and I think it's a good way to go.

You know, the whole "three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust" stuff is great and all and the images it conjures up are certainly the stuff of "Steeler Football" legend, but times change and I don't see why yesterday's game can't be a prototype for the future.
Watching that game was actually fun for a change and it was refreshing to see that we can do something besides try to live up to old stereotypes.

I hope we keep moving in this direction.
My favorite part was how they only went deep to Wallace once. Mike Wallace has learned how to use two different speeds. He uses speed 1 for the short underneath stuff. This gets the defensive backs used to speed 1 most of the game. Use speed 2 once or twice a game to go deep. With his 4.2 speed and the element of surprise, he's almost impossible to cover.

Going deep successfully once or twice on two attempts is a lot better than going deep successfully once or twice on fifteen attempts.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote