Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #11
SunshineMan21
Starter

Member Number: 9294
Default Re: Brown/Sanders: Where Are They Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWstevo View Post
Brown/Sanders: Where Are They Now?

Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders had wonderful rookie seasonís last year. Then with this yearís training camp & pre-season, it looked like these two guys would make an even bigger impact this season.

Nope. Wallace is by far the star receiver and veteran Ward still has at least a half-tank of gas left.

There are a million reasons they havenít made the big plays yet and their time will come, and I canít wait until Big Ben and his receivers get to that point. (To be fair- Brown is at least as productive as some Jet named Holmes, both tied for 28th in the AFC).

Brown has been an absolute beast so far this season, and while Sanders hasn't gotten many targets you have to consider the dude is the #4 receiver.
SunshineMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:17 PM   #12
Goldsteel86
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 16432

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineMan21 View Post

Brown has been an absolute beast so far this season, and while Sanders hasn't gotten many targets you have to consider the dude is the #4 receiver.
Exactly, maybe this should be a Mendenhall thread?????
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:25 PM   #13
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Brown has been playing great, and as mentioned him and Sanders are 3-4 WR's so your not going to see them making catches all game. Sanders even a bit less. Also, this is the first game we've had where Ben was able to pass without getting hit or having to throw it the second it hits his hand. If the coaches don't make mistakes, this passing game will continue to get better and better. Got to give it to Miller and Ward though, might not be burning guys all the time, but when you need a big catch they are open. This was a different style of passing too, a lot of quick releases, especially when we went 5 wide, which I think made a huge difference. Arians actually does get some credit for the play calling this game, not bad, although somebody probably told him to change it up.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:33 PM   #14
Goldsteel86
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 16432

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Brown has been playing great, and as mentioned him and Sanders are 3-4 WR's so your not going to see them making catches all game. Sanders even a bit less. Also, this is the first game we've had where Ben was able to pass without getting hit or having to throw it the second it hits his hand. If the coaches don't make mistakes, this passing game will continue to get better and better. Got to give it to Miller and Ward though, might not be burning guys all the time, but when you need a big catch they are open. This was a different style of passing too, a lot of quick releases, especially when we went 5 wide, which I think made a huge difference. Arians actually does get some credit for the play calling this game, not bad, although somebody probably told him to change it up.
I don't give Arians credit, I give it to Ben and the offense for executing. Arians may have called the play but I am sure Ben checked on many occasions to a different play. We are lucky truthfully, we have a smart, tough QB. Being honest, if this OL blocks for him the rest of the year like the way they blocked for him yesterday, watch out, there will be trouble for the AFC North!!!!
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:02 PM   #15
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
brown is awesome for a 2nd round guy. just about catches everything.
6th round guy.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:18 PM   #16
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

I think these guys have been doing pretty well. I don't understand how we can critcize them. Other then..... Stop the damn dancing after a first down!!!!
Old 10-11-2011, 12:48 AM   #17
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

Brown has been pretty solid in the past few weeks. Sanders I just don't think has been targeted as much, however, that could be because he hasn't been able to get separation (I'm just guessing on that one, I don't know). I think they'll emerge more now that the offense seems to be clicking, finally. Remember, Ben was getting crushed in 3 out of the 4 games we played before this week, so the receivers' production all suffered except for Wallace.

What happened to Cotchery though? Is he even playing?
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:56 AM   #18
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Rail View Post
What happened to Cotchery though? Is he even playing?
I doubt you'll ever see him unless someone gets injured.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:49 AM   #19
steelcity1974
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9669

Brown is having a solid year for a thrid WR, and will only get better. Sanders is starting off slow, but don't forget he was injured most of pre-season. He has a ton of speed and a ton of talent. He too will only improve. By the time Ward retires, I'd expect to see Wallace, Brown, and Sanders as our core wide-outs and one of the most feard in the NFL. Just consider that speed. It took Wallace a little while to be more than just a speed guy, and same will be the case with Brown and Sanders. I see only up side at that position.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #20
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

I like Brown and Sanders and think they are doing a decent job in their development. However, I have noticed that just about every game this year Ben is chewing Brown out after failed 3rd down conversions when it appears that he wasn't where he was supposed to be. This happened several times in the first half of the Houston game (and Brown, to his credit, produced in the 2nd half ... but the game is 60 mins, not 30). So a little less time showboating and a little more studying the playbook for Mr. Brown might help his cause.
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote