Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-10-2011, 08:22 AM   #1
NEWstevo
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15010
Default Brown/Sanders: Where Are They Now?

Brown/Sanders: Where Are They Now?

Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders had wonderful rookie seasonís last year. Then with this yearís training camp & pre-season, it looked like these two guys would make an even bigger impact this season.

Nope. Wallace is by far the star receiver and veteran Ward still has at least a half-tank of gas left.

There are a million reasons they havenít made the big plays yet and their time will come, and I canít wait until Big Ben and his receivers get to that point. (To be fair- Brown is at least as productive as some Jet named Holmes, both tied for 28th in the AFC).
NEWstevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:48 AM   #2
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124
Default Re: Brown/Sanders: Where Are They Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWstevo View Post

Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders had wonderful rookie season’s last year. Then with this year’s training camp & pre-season, it looked like these two guys would make an even bigger impact this season.

Nope. Wallace is by far the star receiver and veteran Ward still has at least a half-tank of gas left.

There are a million reasons they haven’t made the big plays yet and their time will come, and I can’t wait until Big Ben and his receivers get to that point. (To be fair- Brown is at least as productive as some Jet named Holmes, both tied for 28th in the AFC).
Sanders wasn't a factor on offense. The one ball I saw thrown his was was a terribly thrown ball like 5 feet behind him .....he got yelled at for "dropping" it. Give him credit for catching the oneside kick and holding on after taking a lick.

Brown runs the wrong pattern sometimes, but overall I think you're completely wrong about him. He's doing great for a late round pick in his second season. He's a spark for this offense. By the end of the season, I predict he'll be a reliable target for Ben. Hopefully he'll have picked up the offense pretty well by that point.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,367 Times in 1,371 Posts

the boyz are doing what they have to to win
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:54 AM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,529 Times in 3,968 Posts

brown is awesome for a 2nd round guy. just about catches everything.

on sanders lone target (which was a perfectly thrown ball) he slipped and fell, and still nearly caught the ball. he needs to keep his feet. i think he is feeling the heat and pressure from brown. its no longer a friendly competition for a hat like it was last year. now their playing for money.

with all that being said, it is neccessary that miller and hines are a focal point of the offense, along with wallace. these youngsters still need to remain 3-4-5th options.

brown is the best returner we had in years. i thought thered be a drop off letting logan go but i was wrong.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:43 AM   #5
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
brown is awesome for a 2nd round guy. just about catches everything.

on sanders lone target (which was a perfectly thrown ball) he slipped and fell, and still nearly caught the ball. he needs to keep his feet. i think he is feeling the heat and pressure from brown. its no longer a friendly competition for a hat like it was last year. now their playing for money.

with all that being said, it is neccessary that miller and hines are a focal point of the offense, along with wallace. these youngsters still need to remain 3-4-5th options.

brown is the best returner we had in years. i thought thered be a drop off letting logan go but i was wrong.
Brown was actually a 6th round pick, making him an absolute steal.

as to the OP, i don't know what games you're watching.. Brown has been a factor in about every game this season. he has caught damn near everything thrown near his way and has been huge on kicking and punt returns. the Steelers are 4th in KR yds and 7th in PR yds. i don't know if we've ever been that good in both categories combined.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:01 AM   #6
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

Anyone else notice the tits wouldn't even punt it to brown late in the game? That's showing a lot of respect to how well his return game has become
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:21 AM   #7
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
Anyone else notice the tits wouldn't even punt it to brown late in the game? That's showing a lot of respect to how well his return game has become
Yes, I did and even with the new kickoffs at the 35 instead of the 30 he still makes nice returns. I am not worried about him and Sanders. They'll learn and come on to their own. We've been spoiled with how special Wallace is.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:43 AM   #8
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

They both are great Draft picks and have helped the team. Brown caught some key passes yesterday.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:04 PM   #9
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 16432
Thanked 1,213 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWstevo View Post

Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders had wonderful rookie seasonís last year. Then with this yearís training camp & pre-season, it looked like these two guys would make an even bigger impact this season.

There are a million reasons they havenít made the big plays yet and their time will come, and I canít wait until Big Ben and his receivers get to that point. (To be fair- Brown is at least as productive as some Jet named Holmes, both tied for 28th in the AFC).
Actually both contirbute to this offense, look at week 1, Sanders was the only one who caught a touchdown pass. Brown is a duel threat, with the return game and as a possession receiver. I believe it is fair to say that until Hines retires neither one will be truly showcased, they both contribute in their own way each week. Has anyone noticed that our WR's are starting to become some of the best blocking WR's in the league. I have said it once and will say it again Mike Wallace is no longer a "One Trick Pony", he is running better out routes, coming across the middle and remains one of the most formidable deep threats in the NFL. Give Sanders and Brown a chance, time will tell they will get theirs, but not with Hines contributing!!!
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #10
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,367 Times in 1,371 Posts

brown and sanders suck, ward sucks, wallace sucks, miller stinks,

we should of signed PLAX to a 10 year 500 million dollar deal.
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote