Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 10-11-2011, 11:40 PM   #1
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,397 Times in 2,722 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Keenan Lewis should keep his spot even when McFadden is 100% healthy

I think Lewis has finally turned the corner this season and has been playing very well. With the exception of the late TD where he peeked into the backfield, he was lights out against the Titans. He's not going to take Ike's spot anytime soon, or ever, but all we really need is for him to be an effective #2 corner, and he's doing just that.

The solid corner play is allowing lebeau to put troy where he's best, inside the box and being unpredicatable. Although I was dreading the new england game before the season started, I can't wait for that matchup to see how effective our changes in the secondary really were, and if we will fare better against brady.

also anyone else like the fact that lewis is always lined up at the LoS and jamming the receivers out of their routes? I like that aggressive coverage style over the 10 yard cushions McFadden always gives.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/10...versus-titans/
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:55 PM   #2
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Head Coach

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,096 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Keenan Lewis should keep his spot even when McFadden is 100% healthy

I think Mcfadden should move to nickle just think about that ike on one side and keenan lewis on the other then mcfadden covering the tightends/3rd receivers i dont think no one would pass on us. But that touchdown that keenan gave up was not his fault really ryan mundy was the one that should have been covering him after keenan stoped the coverage. But He Is Getting Very Good/Great
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:57 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,946 Times in 3,403 Posts
Default Re: Keenan Lewis should keep his spot even when McFadden is 100% healthy

its not mcfaddens call whether he jams at the LOS or gives a typical, zone blitz, cushion.

with that being said, tomlin already said as much in todays presser in regards to gay and lewis retaining the roles they have had the past few weeks. in his words-

"if it aint broke, dont try to fix it"
Old 10-12-2011, 12:31 AM   #4
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,397 Times in 2,722 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
its not mcfaddens call whether he jams at the LOS or gives a typical, zone blitz, cushion.

with that being said, tomlin already said as much in todays presser in regards to gay and lewis retaining the roles they have had the past few weeks. in his words-

"if it aint broke, dont try to fix it"
good to know. I honestly think mcfadden's coverage skills are lacking, but he's a good tackler, hence the cushion. keenan is a better cover man whose best asset is the jamming at the LoS with those long arms, so lebeau is just allowing him to play to his own strength.
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:13 AM   #5
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

For the record, Lewis doesn't have McFadden's spot, Gay does, but I think your point remains the same either way. And yeah, there's no arguing with results.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:50 AM   #6
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
For the record, Lewis doesn't have McFadden's spot, Gay does, but I think your point remains the same either way. And yeah, there's no arguing with results.
Gay has been starting at corner, and in the nickel Lewis comes in and moves to corner and Gay goes to the nickel position. They have both been doing very well, and Lewis has been impressing me with his ability to tackle where, he is just as good if not better than BMac.
I think we are starting to see McFadden being phased out in the secondary and I have a feeling that when Smith is ready we will see the same on the DL.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:06 AM   #7
jtbsteeler
Starter

Member Number: 18760

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
I think Mcfadden should move to nickle just think about that ike on one side and keenan lewis on the other then mcfadden covering the tightends/3rd receivers i dont think no one would pass on us. But that touchdown that keenan gave up was not his fault really ryan mundy was the one that should have been covering him after keenan stoped the coverage. But He Is Getting Very Good/Great

Exactly. When the Pats TE's light up Gay again we'll be begging for BMac. Ike, Lewis and Bmac. Gay can play the dime.
jtbsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:07 AM   #8
jtbsteeler
Starter

Member Number: 18760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
Gay has been starting at corner, and in the nickel Lewis comes in and moves to corner and Gay goes to the nickel position. They have both been doing very well, and Lewis has been impressing me with his ability to tackle where, he is just as good if not better than BMac.
I think we are starting to see McFadden being phased out in the secondary and I have a feeling that when Smith is ready we will see the same on the DL.

Only a fool gives William Gay his full trust. I'll never do that again.
jtbsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:19 AM   #9
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,304 Posts

either way if all 4 guys corners playing good to great, then its game on
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:07 AM   #10
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Will BMac be healthy by the NE game? Or at least by Baltimore? How about Harrison? Any news on their recovery?
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote