Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-12-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,066 Times in 2,610 Posts
Default Tomlin hangs up on Jax media during conference call

4 minutes into the mandatory interview with the opponents media, tomlin became irritated with repeated questions about the 07 playoff loss. he said that was in the past, and he was sure that it was a big deal down there but is behind them. he asked if anyone had anything about this weekends game.

"Nope?"

*click*

sounds like someone's a little "salty" and ready to exact some revenge.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #2
BIGNASTY91
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18495
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: Tomlin hangs up on Jax media during conference call

I love it!! Finally a little emotion from Tomlin. Maybe he can carry that over to the game this weekend!!!!!!
BIGNASTY91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,066 Times in 2,610 Posts

the full transcript-

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/...NzZj_c.twitter

Quote:
Tomlin vs. Jacksonville media
October 12th, 2011 Mike Tomlin’s conference call with the Jacksonville media got a little tense today and didn’t end with friendly farewells.
The last question, as seen at the end of the transcript, was asked by Tomlin, and he hung up a couple of seconds later. Here is the full transcript:

Talk about how your team has had to change things up a little bit in trying different things to win this year
“First of all, this is still a very early portion of the season and we’re trying to find ourselves like everyone else, and you’d better win games along the way. That’s simply our process. We don’t go into any season holding on to any personality traits. We build it from ground zero every year with the understanding that we’re trying to be a good football team. We want to play to our strengths and try to minimize our weaknesses. So we’re a work in progress, no doubt, and we’ll just continue to walk the journey. And like I said earlier, we’d better to find ways to win along the way.”

On Ben Roethlisberger’s play so far this season
“Ben is very consistent. He’s a competitor. He realized, of course, the gravity of last week’s game. It’s always important that you bounce back from the type of performance that we had in Houston. He’s always kind of delivered those kinds of timely performances for us.”

On your run defense against Maurice Jones-Drew
“Jones-Drew, of course, is a spectacular player. We’re going to have our hands full there trying to slow him down. We respect him for what he’s capable of and we’ve got a lot of work to do.”

What’s been the problem with the run defense?
“We’ve given up some big runs.”

Why?
“A myriad of reasons. There are usually reasons why people give up runs. People are not where they’re supposed to be or they’re getting physically whipped and/or both, and I think such has been the case with us. We don’t run away from that. We’re working hard on a daily basis trying to right those things.”

Is the age of your defense a concern for you?
“No.”

Why not?
“It just isn’t. We’re very comfortable where we are from a personnel standpoint not only with our starters but with our backups. We believe we’ve got good quality depth. I think they’ll be given plenty of opportunities to prove that.”

This is Jacksonville’s first game up in Pittsburgh since the 2008 playoff game. Any memories of that playoff game?
“Not really. I remember David Garrard of course on the draw on fourth down. That’s one of those plays that you’ll never forget. It was a big play.”

Did you send tape of that play to league office?
“No.”

Why not?
“Why would I?”

Wasn’t there a questionable non-call holding on that play?
“Guys, come on man. I’m not going to cry over four-year-old spilt milk. Anybody got any legitimate questions?”

It was a big game from Jacksonville’s standpoint
“Guys, that was four years ago. I understand that might have been a big game in Jacksonville four years ago but that’s old news. Many of those guys are no longer here and definitely many of the guys that were in Jacksonville are no longer there. Anybody got any questions relative to this week?”

[*click*]
Old 10-12-2011, 04:27 PM   #4
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678

Tomlin should've asked this.

The 07 playoff game? Is that the game where there was blatant holding penalties and none were called? Is that the one where you let a subpar qb names Garrard run through 2 holdings to win the game?

Than hang up.

Hopefully some of these stupid questions ignoted a no holds barr approach to games agasint lessor teams and we run it up for a change without backing down and letting the other team pass for 700 yards in mop up fashion. Belicheck would drill it home till the drill won't work no more.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:32 PM   #5
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 1,882 Times in 856 Posts
My Mood: Cool

its about time he shows some emotions
Old 10-12-2011, 04:38 PM   #6
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
Tomlin should've asked this.

The 07 playoff game? Is that the game where there was blatant holding penalties and none were called? Is that the one where you let a subpar qb names Garrard run through 2 holdings to win the game?

Than hang up.

Hopefully some of these stupid questions ignoted a no holds barr approach to games agasint lessor teams and we run it up for a change without backing down and letting the other team pass for 700 yards in mop up fashion. Belicheck would drill it home till the drill won't work no more.
Yup. That's what Belichick would have done. A shame we don't have Belichick for a coach, cuz Belichick is a great head coach. We could use one of those.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:11 PM   #7
WickedSteel
Banned

Member Number: 17099

Man, things are bad in Jacksonville when the media is still gloating about a 1st round playoff win 4 years ago...
WickedSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:14 PM   #8
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
Who gives a flip about Belichick? And as far as "letting the other team pass for 700 yards", the Patriots are the same team that gave up 400+ against Chad Henne and are currently dead last in pass defense.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:16 PM   #9
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

It was the Jags super bowl
Old 10-12-2011, 06:30 PM   #10
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNASTY91 View Post
I love it!! Finally a little emotion from Tomlin. Maybe he can carry that over to the game this weekend!!!!!!
I fail to see how hanging up a phone is a substantial show of emotion

or understand why u want Tomlin to "show emotion" in front of u

Maybe some people on here associate verbose and dramatic behavior with caring, but Tomlin just doesn't seem to be the kind of guy to go ballistic on the sideline. I've seen him get into players before, most recently Ike Taylor during the Colts game, but he isn't a Tom Coughlin or Bill Cowher and that's okay, either way can be successful, don't get why when the STeelers lose some goons on here immediately point to Tomlin not swaggering or berating people in public as a bad trait.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote