Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-14-2011, 01:06 PM   #21
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,240 Times in 3,618 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin hangs up on Jax media during conference call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Rail View Post
What's so silly about this is that the Steelers already beat Jax in 2008 en route to a Super Bowl, and that team was a lot closer to the squad that beat them in the 2007 playoffs. I believe that game was IN Jacksonville as well.

It's bizarre that the Jax media would be so arrogant as to think that the Steelers would play worse in their own stadium to a Jax team with the worst offense in the league, currently. I know the playoff loss occurred at Heinz Field, but given how many playoff games they've won there since Ben has been the QB, I wouldn't take that 07 game as the norm.
Jax has always played the Steelers tough given that the Steelers were the measuring stick since Jax entered the league with Tom Coughlin as the coach in 1995 and played in the Steelers division - the Jax media accordingly appears to think this is some sort of rivalry

Jax beat the Steelers at Heinz twice in 2007, in Jax in 2006 (week 2 when Ben was back from his appendix being removed) and at Heinz in 2005 when Roethlisberger was hurt and Tommy Maddox threw a pick 6 in overtime to seize defeat from the jaws of victory
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #22
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Jax has always played the Steelers tough given that the Steelers were the measuring stick since Jax entered the league with Tom Coughlin as the coach in 1995 and played in the Steelers division - the Jax media accordingly appears to think this is some sort of rivalry

Jax beat the Steelers at Heinz twice in 2007, in Jax in 2006 (week 2 when Ben was back from his appendix being removed) and at Heinz in 2005 when Roethlisberger was hurt and Tommy Maddox threw a pick 6 in overtime to seize defeat from the jaws of victory
Fair enough, but man, I am so sick of the "rivalry" talk. I swear, every game on Sunday is some sort of rivalry these days. I can understand if it's a divisional opponent or someone that you routinely face off with in the post season, but Steelers/Jags is not a rivalry. Hell, I don't even think the Jags have a legitimate rivalry with anyone because of how little they've accomplished in their short and putrid existence. Good for them that they've managed to beat us a few times, but they're still kind of a joke and likely always will be because I foresee the franchise eventually being moved to LA. After that, people will forget that Jacksonville had a team (the ones that haven't already, that is).
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #23
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
If you've had nothing since, you would cling to that game like Linus clings to his little blue blankey.
I read your post really fast and thought you said "LIMAS clings to his little blue blankey."

I was like WHAT?! because Limas can't cling to anything.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote