Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-14-2011, 09:33 PM   #31
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,333 Times in 1,422 Posts
Default Re: Offensive signatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus36idf View Post
Finally yes this is a diatribe of objectionable stuff, and Ricardsmo has the link right there. Is it wrong for me to suggest it is offensive
so what makes it "objectionable stuff " ??? because it goes against YOUR personal beliefs ??? i got news for ya pal , 2/3 of the worlds population has a different perception of the "almighty" than you and the christian sect do.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:06 PM   #32
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6089

[QUOTE=finesward;953228]Wrong? No, appropriate? Probably not as well. Like SCmom said that's why there are mods which you can contact, or you could contact the offenders directly and give your concerns.

. It's the desire to change others or rules or things around you to conform others that leaves me sour. It's why I shy from organized religion all together.

So go to ricardismos posts or masterofpuppets with an unbiased mind. And answer one question. "what are they trying accomplish by the sigs they use? with video attchments? because maybe you could help me to understand, since you seem to be able to at least hear me out? Mind you I didn't suppose anybody to be of any affiliation they told me they were athiests. I believe they have that right. No problem. it appears they are attempting to conform.
Also keep in mind I never asked that anyone remove a sig or get banned. In fact you'll find I have been respectful, despite being disrepected, and forgiving, despite being sworn at and chastized. and in fact the sig doesn't even bother me. I just posed the question why the need for it no matter what faith. Since then I've been defending a question.
thebus36idf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:12 PM   #33
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

[QUOTE=SCMom;953186]Ok, I'm going to make this short and simple (as possible for me).

if I told Ric and MOP to remove their sigs because they might offend Christians, then I'd have to go to every Christian user that has a religious themed sig or avatar (geared towards Christianity, in a positive light...yes there are

Not christians amputees. Would you feel the same way if it said why God hates ______ you add race or nationality

I respect your response though and conceed, because I was never trying to get anything banned, just bringing my personality to the forum. check out the cookie monster link that ricardsmo sent me on this board. It is funny, but let me know if you would want your kid to see it?

I am sure your busy, and appreciate your hard work. Love ya all!!

Last edited by thebus36idf; 10-14-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:41 AM   #34
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,333 Times in 1,422 Posts

Quote:

Quote:
. "what are they trying accomplish by the sigs they use?
the better question is what are you trying to accomplish by complaining about them ? i can't speak for Rico, but i have no motive. i seen a quote that i found to be insightful . i take it that when you read it , things like the salem witch burnings , the great crusades , or the inquisitions didn't come to mind ? you know the things where people justified MURDERING innocent people because of their religious beliefs. these religious killings are still going on in the world today.

Quote:
I didn't suppose anybody to be of any affiliation they told me they were athiests
they ? i don't recall mentioning my beliefs or disbeliefs.

Quote:
I believe they have that right
well gee wiz... thank you for recognizing my constitutional rights. keep in mind that freedom of religion ,also means freedon FROM religion.

Quote:
. No problem. it appears they are attempting to conform.
do you even know what "conform" means ?

Quote:
Also keep in mind I never asked that anyone remove a sig or get banned
then what was your motive for breaching this subject ? were you just being a "good christian" and pointing out our sins to us ?

Quote:
. In fact you'll find I have been respectful, despite being disrepected, and forgiving,
forgiving ? who ask or needs your forgiving ?
Quote:
despite being sworn at and chastized
your quite the drama queen aren't you. please direct me to the post where you were "sworn" at ?

Quote:
and in fact the sig doesn't even bother me. I just posed the question why the need for it no matter what faith. Since then I've been defending a question.
i coulda swore you said you found it to be offensive.

Quote:
We should be able to without having to be bombarded with slogans on peoples viewpoints that are offensive. The websters dictionary 2: to OBTRUDE (imposed yourself on others 3. To take unwarranted advantage of something. You are taking an forum used to discuss a thing we all share in common and using it spread an offensive belief, full knowing that some may be offended.
yep....you did...nice back pedal.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 10-15-2011 at 03:53 AM.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:17 AM   #35
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

[QUOTE=thebus36idf;953256]
Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
Wrong? No, appropriate? Probably not as well. Like SCmom said that's why there are mods which you can contact, or you could contact the offenders directly and give your concerns.

. It's the desire to change others or rules or things around you to conform others that leaves me sour. It's why I shy from organized religion all together.

So go to ricardismos posts or masterofpuppets with an unbiased mind. And answer one question. "what are they trying accomplish by the sigs they use? with video attchments? because maybe you could help me to understand, since you seem to be able to at least hear me out? Mind you I didn't suppose anybody to be of any affiliation they told me they were athiests. I believe they have that right. No problem. it appears they are attempting to conform.
Also keep in mind I never asked that anyone remove a sig or get banned. In fact you'll find I have been respectful, despite being disrepected, and forgiving, despite being sworn at and chastized. and in fact the sig doesn't even bother me. I just posed the question why the need for it no matter what faith. Since then I've been defending a question.
MOP's sig is thought provoking to me, not bashing Christianity. You could apply that to islam or any radical sect of religion.

Ricard's sig is representative of who he is, and if you've read his posts or noticed the monty python gif you should be able to let it slide as just his wacky sense of humor. Shouldn't a sig be allowed to portray or represent who you are? Christian or Atheist?

Personally neither bother me at all, and while I tried to give ricard's a read I found it rather blah and clicked the x. Doesn't mean I should question it's appropriateness because I didn't agree with it or find it funny. If someone finds it offensive and are a registered user there is a simple solution to never see his or others' sigs. The ignore list is there for people to use.
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:16 AM   #36
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
[QUOTE=finesward;953278]
Quote:

MOP's sig is thought provoking to me, not bashing Christianity. You could apply that to islam or any radical sect of religion.

Ricard's sig is representative of who he is, and if you've read his posts or noticed the monty python gif you should be able to let it slide as just his wacky sense of humor. Shouldn't a sig be allowed to portray or represent who you are? Christian or Atheist?

Personally neither bother me at all, and while I tried to give ricard's a read I found it rather blah and clicked the x. Doesn't mean I should question it's appropriateness because I didn't agree with it or find it funny. If someone finds it offensive and are a registered user there is a simple solution to never see his or others' sigs. The ignore list is there for people to use.
I agree. so why so many negative responses to my thought prevoking response. It would seem hypocritical. It's not a christianity issue it's an amputee issue. I will ask you the same question. What if it stated Why does God hate _________ you fill it in. Race , nationality, or a group of people? I aslo agree with you about MOP's it is thought provoking. Somewhat of a generalization, because I happen to be associated with a religion I am more prone to becoming evil if I was at first good. I will still contend that it would be nice if others were more considerate of how it could affect some whom come here to share a common cause. I don't have to be right on the issue it's my opinion. I'm not saying change anything. It's just a thought provoking statement. Never said he was bashing christianity

Last edited by thebus36idf; 10-15-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:29 AM   #37
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

[
Quote:
I]the better question is what are you trying to accomplish by complaining about them ?
Way to throw the question back at me. I will however afford you an answer. Just an opinion not trying to accomplish anything. I realize you could be doing the same with your sig and I respect that.

[
Quote:
I]they ? i don't recall mentioning my beliefs or disbeliefs[/I]
I apologize if this statement was inerror. Ricadismo replied to me that I happen to take the only two atheiest or agnostic veiws on this forum implying that he knew this about you.

[
Quote:
I]well gee wiz... thank you for recognizing my constitutional rights. keep in mind that freedom of religion ,also means freedon FROM religion.[/I]
I have a right to say it would be nice to go to a place where we all share a common belief, and not see sigs of the sort. (However I do think your sig is though provoking as another replied). I just happen to think it's a generalization.

Quote:
do you even know what "conform" means ?
I was responding to a statement as it was presented to me. Someone was of the opinion that I was trying to "conform", and yes it means to be similar or identical. or agree. In this context I was I believe the person was suggesting I was trying to get people to agree with me. So my response was that it could go both ways.

Quote:
then what was your motive for breaching this subject ? were you just being a "good christian" and pointing out our sins to us ?
Are you suggesting it's a sin, because i certainly didn't. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I posed an opnion, just as you do with your sig. It seems as though I'm not aloud to have an opinion. I got to confreneces all the time where we all have one thing in common. We also have things we don't have in common. If we all had to voice or mention our political or religious view it would become a place where noone wants to go. Not a fact just an opinion.

Quote:
forgiving ? who ask or needs your forgiving ?
Someone suggested I should be more forgiving see for yourself.

Originally Posted by finesward "to be offended by something or someone you have to be without forgiveness. If you truly were like the big J, you wouldn't be offended but would be forgiving. "

Quote:
your quite the drama queen aren't you. please direct me to the post where you were "sworn" at ?
"holy derailment, batshitman"posted by ricardismo.

" you were singled out and told to cut the shit for it. Unlike you, I do have good reading comprehension skills and understand these rules." Posted by buddah bus. Read that whole post and tell me I wasn't slammed.

Quote:
i coulda swore you said you found it to be offensive
I said it. Maybe I wan't clear on how I used it. I said we should be able to go here and be able avoid seeing sigs that are offensive. I didn't exactly say I was offended, and I stand by that claim. My opinion is it would be nice. A good opinion I think. Could be wrong.

Last edited by thebus36idf; 10-15-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:24 PM   #38
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

Regardles off what was filled in the blank, the first half of the question tells me whatever follows is irrelevant because no one, unless they are truly delusional, can say who or what God hates or loves. If you believe God loves us as a Christian, it should be Ok for someone to say who he hates as a non-believer. Freedom of speech goes both ways, and unfortunately God can't exactly come down from the heavens and sue people for slander.

I don't wouldn't be offended no matter what he said. I don't associate myself so much as a religious person but can understand how you would being that you have an intimate relationship with God. It's his right to have it up in his sig as much as it is your right to wear a cross around your neck. It's the same concept.
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:36 PM   #39
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
" you were singled out and told to cut the shit for it. Unlike you, I do have good reading comprehension skills and understand these rules." Posted by buddah bus. Read that whole post and tell me I wasn't slammed.
Yeah, AFTER you made the comment about me not being intelligent.

Remember this?

Quote:
Now your sig is funny and nonoffensive. Funny self-righteous, thin-skinned people irritate you what is it that irritates you "was it something I said"? Was it my words that are upsetting you? maybe you should read your own words once again, but this time apply them to yourself. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings? I guess I'll see. Now I only did that to make a point. GOTCHA !! Now on to more intelligent people.

You don't want to get slammed? Then don't insult people's intelligence if you don't want it returned in spades.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:57 PM   #40
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Buddha Bus;953301]Yeah, AFTER you made the comment about me not being intelligent.

Remember this?

Originally Posted by thebus36idf
Now your sig is funny and nonoffensive. Funny self-righteous, thin-skinned people irritate you what is it that irritates you "was it something I said"? Was it my words that are upsetting you? maybe you should read your own words once again, but this time apply them to yourself. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings? I guess I'll see. Now I only did that to make a point. GOTCHA !! Now on to more intelligent people.

You don't want to get slammed? Then don't insult people's intelligence if you don't want it returned in spades
Nice try, convenient you left the rest out espacially the part right after i said that, specifically stating "I was kidding" to make a point. I underlined it for ya. That's the second time someone did that you guys don't even play fair. I still love ya though

Now your sig is funny and nonoffensive. Funny self-righteous, thin-skinned people irritate you what is it that irritates you "was it something I said"? Was it my words that are upsetting you? maybe you should read your own words once again, but this time apply them to yourself. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings? I guess I'll see. Now I only did that to make a point. GOTCHA !! Now on to more intelligent people. Just kiddin again. Hope this little experiment didn't hurt your feelings. And yes I do care about your feelings it doesn't make me a politically correct liberal. This assure you I'm not. It just makes me compassionate towards others. Is that wrong? politically correct, or incorrect. When your down and out I think you would want to be my friend. I think you should wear that satan cotume for holloween!! here it is