Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-15-2011, 03:03 PM   #41
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Default Re: Offensive signatures

[QUOTE=thebus36idf;953302]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
Yeah, AFTER you made the comment about me not being intelligent.

Remember this?

You don't want to get slammed? Then don't insult people's intelligence if you don't want it returned in spades

Nice try, convenient you left the rest out espacially the part right after i said that, specifically stating "I was kidding" to make a point I underlined it for ya

Now your sig is funny and nonoffensive. Funny self-righteous, thin-skinned people irritate you what is it that irritates you "was it something I said"? Was it my words that are upsetting you? maybe you should read your own words once again, but this time apply them to yourself. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings? I guess I'll see. Now I only did that to make a point. GOTCHA !! Now on to more intelligent people. Just kiddin again. Hope this little experiment didn't hurt your feelings. And yes I do care about your feelings it doesn't make me a politically correct liberal. This assure you I'm not. It just makes me compassionate towards others. Is that wrong? politically correct, or incorrect. When your down and out I think you would want to be my friend. I think you should wear that satan cotume for holloween!! here it is
You can try to cover up your passive/aggressive jabs all you want with insincere apologies, I ain't buying. I'm not your friend so don't think I'm going to let that slide by unanswered. You did it trying to bait a response and you got one that you wanted to turn around and then complain about.

You also repeatedly used the "hurt you feelings" line and the "GOTCHA" to further illicit a hostile response. You can try to sugarcoat it all you want, but it truly rings as hollow and trollish.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:27 PM   #42
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6089

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
Regardles off what was filled in the blank, the first half of the question tells me whatever follows is irrelevant because no one, unless they are truly delusional, can say who or what God hates or loves. If you believe God loves us as a Christian, it should be Ok for someone to say who he hates as a non-believer. Freedom of speech goes both ways, and unfortunately God can't exactly come down from the heavens and sue people for slander.

I don't wouldn't be offended no matter what he said. I don't associate myself so much as a religious person but can understand how you would being that you have an intimate relationship with God. It's his right to have it up in his sig as much as it is your right to wear a cross around your neck. It's the same concept.
I could debate the premise, but it opens up a whole other can worms. I respect your answer, and still contend for me to say God loves amputees or God hates amputees carries an entirely different conentation. To say I love someone can't by it's nature be offensive. to say I hate someone can. If I said I love you you'd probably think that's nice or feel a sense of joy from it,. it's positive. To say I hate you or even better to make the claim on someones behalf will almost always bring up emotions of haterd back. Not in my case, but in many. If you don't believe me go into a jail and say I hate convicts and see what happens. then say I love them and see what happens. Or any social group of people. gays, blacks, cristians muslims etc... Am I really out of line here, because I don't understand why people can't see it's potential harm, or offense. So If I said God hates you it carries the same emotional response as if I said God loves you. No. One by nature can't be offensive, one can. we keep getting off the point that my opinion was just an opinion as was there's.
thebus36idf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:35 PM   #43
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,966 Times in 3,375 Posts

To say that God hates or loves you could mean absolutely nothing to a lot of people. And that can be because of a lot of different reasons. It would mean nothing to me because my relationship with God is between myself and him.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:53 PM   #44
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

[QUOTE=Buddha Bus;953303][QUOTE=thebus36idf;953302]

Quote:
You can try to cover up your passive/aggressive jabs all you want with insincere apologies, I ain't buying. I'm not your friend so don't think I'm going to let that slide by unanswered. You did it trying to bait a response and you got one that you wanted to turn around and then complain about.

You also repeatedly used the "hurt you feelings" line and the "GOTCHA" to further illicit a hostile response. You can try to sugarcoat it all you want, but it truly rings as hollow and trollish.
Quote:
[/QUoteSome people need to "sack up" and quit whining over words. I don't care if it hurts your wittle feewings. Go to the Sesame Street forum and brush up on your addition with The Count if you don't want to be offended with words. It seems to be much more your speed.

Self-righteous, thin-skinned people irritate me as it is, but they absolutely infuriate me when they are interfering with me finding out why the hell people hate Mendy so much
So now your saying the above words words don't apply to yourself. That's why I did it and I stated it to make a point as I said when I wrote it. The point was that words offend people. Apparently you were offended by the passive aggresive words like "GOTCHA" and "HURT YOU FEELINGS" they were intented to be as you say hostile. But if you read your very own words this makes you self righteous, and thin-skinned. I wouldn't have used them other than to prove the point. Mind you these are not my words, but yours. I don't think your not intelligent, or stupid. However my words made you feel that way. So by your own admission you should still want to be my friend, because no matter what I say you said it wouldn't bother you. and it most certainly shoudn't have illicited a hostile response. Listen I'm very serious when i say I'm sorry I really didn't think it would go this far. The only reason I did it is because words affect people especially negative ones. Peace

Last edited by thebus36idf; 10-15-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:09 PM   #45
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
To say that God hates or loves you could mean absolutely nothing to a lot of people. And that can be because of a lot of different reasons. It would mean nothing to me because my relationship with God is between myself and him.
Do you know this whole thing started because I simply said that it would be great if I came to a place we all have something in common, and not be bombarded by people viewpoints that could be offensive. Apperently alot of people found that offensive. I did however point out a couple and in hindsight shouldn't have done it. However the fact that another person could be offended by it should cause us to err on compassion. I can choose not to come here again. I guess I was looking at it from an amputees point of view, and not ricardismo, and there is where I made my mistake. I will say the same for MOP's I was looking at it from my point of view, and not his. So i guess I was asking them to see my point of view. I was asking them to do something I wasn't doing, and recognize that. Having thought it over though I still contend it would be nice.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:09 PM   #46
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,966 Times in 3,375 Posts

I can understand both sides of the argument. We all have something in common being Steelers fans, but there are a lot of people on here and we all have different backgrounds.

seeing the phrase "why does God hate amputees?" next to a picture of Monty Python members in a skit about having a silly argument, I could tell that it was a joke. We don't realize that everybody's not going to recognize the actors or know that they are comedians.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:44 PM   #47
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

My signature is funny - or rather, the website to which it links is funny - for the same reason the South Park episodes on Mormons, Scientologists, Catholicism, and even atheism are funny. There are blatantly obvious truths right in front of all of us that we decide to ignore so that our "rock solid beliefs" do not crumble to dust at the first passing breeze. That's a truism of the human condition, and a hysterical truism to boot.

Anyone who is offended by that is offended by life. And sure enough, it seems to me that many religious people are just that: offended by life, whether it's teenage pregnancy, two dudes shtooping or whatever. People need to get over themselves, and humor is the best way to do that, period.

You're engaging in some pretty dramatic backpedaling here in this thread, and trying to cover it up with a lot of grandiose forgiveness. No one asked for, nor requires your forgiveness. No one did anything "wrong". This is a message board. We exchange ideas. Mostly our ideas involve football and the Pittsburgh Steelers, but every now and again real life creeps in, like insightful quotes or witty observations on peoples' worldviews. It happens. Get over it.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:05 PM   #48
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

[QUOTE]
Quote:
You're engaging in some pretty dramatic backpedaling here in this thread, and trying to cover it up with a lot of grandiose forgiveness. No one asked for, nor requires your forgiveness. No one did anything "wrong". This is a message board. We exchange ideas. Mostly our ideas involve football and the Pittsburgh Steelers, but every now and again real life creeps in, like insightful quotes or witty observations on peoples' worldviews. It happens. Get over it.
I am responding to a pleathera of people and as I showed the quote once already someone was suggesting I be more forgiving. Man you guys are pumped up in here. Try looking back through the posts. You call it back pedaling. I was accused of being all kinds of things I'm simply not like somehow I'm running around my house angry upset, and frustrated. I didn't watch the video. Perhaps with a better introduction I would have. Man it seems like you all have taken my opinion alot more to heart than I did yours. I call it admitting the thing is getting out of hand, and being humble as you can see I expressed the fact that perhaps I was asking you guys to do something I wasn't willing to do. look at it from another point of view. However you asked the question, you started this thread. I know I know it was moved here after I started it in another forum, and all the other things that go along with it. I have been over it. my worldview creeped in and I would respectfully ask you to do the same. I stand by my integrity in the matter. In fact I was thinking we could have some healthy discussion about it. Doesn't seem to be working out. It's interesting that you guys seem to know exactly how I feel what I'm doing, and why I'm doing it. You couldn't be farther from the truth. It's an opinion.

Last edited by thebus36idf; 10-15-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:07 PM   #49
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
I can understand both sides of the argument. We all have something in common being Steelers fans, but there are a lot of people on here and we all have different backgrounds.

seeing the phrase "why does God hate amputees?" next to a picture of Monty Python members in a skit about having a silly argument, I could tell that it was a joke. We don't realize that everybody's not going to recognize the actors or know that they are comedians.
didn't realize they were monty python comedians.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:24 PM   #50
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

[
Quote:
QUOTE=ricardisimo;953322]My signature is funny - or rather, the website to which it links is funny - for the same reason the South Park episodes on Mormons, Scientologists, Catholicism, and even atheism are funny. There are blatantly obvious truths right in front of all of us that we decide to ignore so that our "rock solid beliefs" do not crumble to dust at the first passing breeze. That's a truism of the human condition, and a hysterical truism to boot.
I went to the website, and I can't even find the video in which you posted with it. I clicked the link and it is a argument for wether or not God is imaginary or not. I don't see anything humorous. I say this without any ill will, because it seems I have to precursor it in order to not be taken the wrong way. It is compelling but I don't see literal humor are we on the same page?