Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-14-2011, 04:51 PM   #31
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177
Default Re: Mendenhall getting start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
The playcalling has been pretty much two-to-one passing over rushing this entire season so far, so when there are three-&-outs, it's kind of strange to put that on the RB, no matter who it is.
Don't worry, I never forget that we must blame Ben for everything that goes wrong on offense AND defense.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:53 PM   #32
Busman
Water Boy

Member Number: 8037
Smile Re: Mendenhall getting start?

I was a staunch supporter of Mendy and last year he had a great year but this year he shows too much hesitancy . As others have described its as though he was with Hines on DWTS

Sure the Oline is not providing many gaps for him but he never has nor will he hit the hole with the kind of force displayed by Redman. Even Dwyer does not excite me that much. Against the Titans he found a huge gaping hole and ran for some serious yardage but can he do it consistently. Redman is consistent week in and week out. His after contact is what 5th in the league? Pretty amazing. You can just see the strength and determination on his carries. He is no JB but he at least runs north and south.

I dont give up on our personnel easily and being a fan for over 30 years through the good and bad I have learned to trust our FO . We pretty much have a competitive team year in and year out even when Tommy Gun was around.

Go Steelers. Pimply Dan

Bman
Old 10-15-2011, 05:01 PM   #33
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
That's fine, to a point. It only takes one play to lose your franchise QB for the season, especially against a losing team that is feeling disrespected. Not smart on Bruce's part. Of course, he doesn't gameplan based on personnel, so it's no big deal to him if Dixon is the starter the rest of the way...
yeah but Arians thinks Ben is SuperMan....so he doesnt expect nothing to happen to Ben!

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:49 PM   #34
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Rail View Post
Don't worry, I never forget that we must blame Ben for everything that goes wrong on offense AND defense.
Huh? Who was blaming Ben?
Old 10-15-2011, 06:13 PM   #35
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,774 Times in 4,299 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Huh? Who was blaming Ben?
that must be my fault. I think I brought him up. I should have started out saying: "Now I love Ben Roethlisberger and think nothing but the best of him..."

Seriously though, I do think he's a great QB, I'm just concerned that as a team we are getting away from a physically dominating style on offense and trying to conform to more of a finesse passing team. Our win-loss record always seems to suffer when we do try to change.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:53 PM   #36
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Rail View Post
I like the "RB by committee" approach, but if they're going to start Mendy, than fine... however, if he still puts in a weak performance, than I hope they'll be smart enough to yank him and work in Redman and Dwyer
Adam Schefter at ESPN thinks you will get your wish as Tomlin runs the wheels off another RB

Mendenhall is coming off a season in which he led the NFL with 324 carries, then had 61 more in the postseason. Any running back with more 370 carries in a season in recent history -- from Larry Johnson to Jamal Anderson to James Wilder to Eric Dickerson to Eddie George to Gerald Riggs to Ricky Williams to Terrell Davis to Barry Foster -- has suffered a noticeable drop-off the next season.

Now Mendenhall is battling the same fate. Mendenhall is nursing a hamstring injury, but in his absence Dwyer and Redman have proved that Pittsburgh might have two hammers capable of carrying the football and this team into the winter. The Steelers will need them.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/...-probably-made
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:34 PM   #37
truesteelerfan
Team Captain

Member Number: 11218
My Mood: Yeehaw

based on his first half stats...i think it looks like a good move. Now in 2nd half, use Dwyer and Redman to pound them and run the clock.
truesteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:36 PM   #38
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by truesteelerfan View Post
based on his first half stats...i think it looks like a good move. Now in 2nd half, use Dwyer and Redman to pound them and run the clock.
Pound them and run the clock? You haven't been paying very close attention these past four years, have you?