Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-10-2006, 02:53 PM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,610 Times in 4,001 Posts
Default Re: 3 kids - 2 mothers...that's productive

i was a huge fan of lendale becoming a steeler. and a huge opponent of the steelers drafting a wr in the 1st round (i think in 3 years willie reid will be starter quality).

that being said, we needed a wr more than a rb. our 4 running backs will be fine. as for holmes character, i think its great. dude has proven he likes to have sex, and he likes to go out on holiday weekends. hes joining the steelers, not a monastary.

if having a holy christian with impeccable character was the steelers main concern they wouldve kept randle el.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:58 PM   #12
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Yeah, I don't think that it was "swept under the rug."I knew about, and I'm sure the Steelers knew about it. Only time will tell what he can bring to the team. Personally I think its a non issue.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:02 PM   #13
CowherLover
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 122

I think Phil Savage has the "holy christain" player market cornered, just in case you've forgotten his recent comments.
CowherLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:12 PM   #14
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
i was a huge fan of lendale becoming a steeler. and a huge opponent of the steelers drafting a wr in the 1st round (i think in 3 years willie reid will be starter quality).

that being said, we needed a wr more than a rb. our 4 running backs will be fine. as for holmes character, i think its great. dude has proven he likes to have sex, and he likes to go out on holiday weekends. hes joining the steelers, not a monastary.

if having a holy christian with impeccable character was the steelers main concern they wouldve kept randle el.
If the Steelers would have drafted White I wouldn't have complained. I'm with you Tony I think our backs will be fine this year. Also there is a certain RB from Louisville that I like alot. Michael Bush that kid is a beast. Since we will be picking 32 again I think the Steelers will have to trade up to get Bush. But anyway thats next year. Let me get back to this year.

I wanted Holmes. I think this kid is going to be a star. He reminds me of the Panthers Steve Smith. Holmes is alittle taller then Smith. I think Holmes will be starting by the end of the year. Like you said if the Steelers wanted a christian. They would have kept El. Lets face these little concerns about Holmes in really nothing. Its not like he pointing guns and getting into fights.

The Steelers value character and they should. Also I think most Steelers fans want quality people on our team. But my dear Steelers fans lets remember that Holmes is just a person like everyone else and that he will make mistakes. Now if Holmes is arrested again and again. Then its easy for the Steelers. Don't resign him or cut him.

Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 06-10-2006 at 03:18 PM.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 04:00 PM   #15
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2156
Unhappy Re: 3 kids - 2 mothers...that's productive

Haiku,

Bro, I really like your posts, usually, but this time you are WAY off target.

I had 2 daughters from my wife, we eventually divorced, and then I had an "Uh-Oh" event later on that put a wonderful son in my life.

Guess what? I'm human. Guess what else? My personal life is NONE of your business...and neither is Santonio's (up until he begins to illegally carry firearms, committing a felony, etc...)!

If anything, it places responsibility in my, sometimes chaotic, life and gives me a reason to be even more dedicated to my career...
...all for the sake of:
1) being a man
2) my children.

Your post itself did not bother me....rather, the way you wrote it.

You are wrong this time Bro. It is really none of our business.
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:34 AM   #16
TP43
Water Boy

Member Number: 2372

Having 2 kids doesn't have anything to do with playing football. U would think if anything that having 2 kids would motivate the man to play good football so he can get paid and provide for them. Wonder if Haiku will give a damn about that if Holmes develops into one of the best receivers in the game. As long as it doesn't affect him on the field, his personal life doesn't matter.
TP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:06 PM   #17
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2156
Cool Re: 3 kids - 2 mothers...that's productive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP43
Having 2 kids doesn't have anything to do with playing football. U would think if anything that having 2 kids would motivate the man to play good football so he can get paid and provide for them. Wonder if Haiku will give a damn about that if Holmes develops into one of the best receivers in the game. As long as it doesn't affect him on the field, his personal life doesn't matter.

Oh so true.............................
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:17 PM   #18
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherLover
Santonio has always taken care of his responsibilities with his children which is the biggest reason he came out a year early. If you're really interested in his past and his character maybe you should google his name and do some research rather than form an opinion with the Cliff Notes version. When you do that you'll feel bad, or at least you should, about slamming someone before you know if in fact he DOES take responsibility for the life he's created. Children shouldn't be referred to as mistakes, IMHO.
I agree with you there, CL. I'm sure Santonio loves his children and takes his responsibilities for them seriously. There are so many deadbeat dads out there, as well as sicko parents who abuse their own children. Santonio most definitely isn't one of them.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 05:46 AM   #19
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

i dunno, a father of 3 out getting into trouble with the law at 3AM? Not too many good fathers i know do that.

oh well, theres always next years draft.(wink)
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:47 AM   #20
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 367

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
L.T. was coked up all the time. I think he was an asset on the field for the Giants to say the least.
LOL yeah, yup, and unfortunately, the coke was a big factor in how well he performed. I'm not looking for a huge LT / coke debate, but gesh, when your on coke your motor is at 1,000 rpms.