Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 06-12-2006, 08:55 AM   #21
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 367
Default Re: 3 kids - 2 mothers...that's productive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelShooter
Haiku,

Bro, I really like your posts, usually, but this time you are WAY off target.

I had 2 daughters from my wife, we eventually divorced, and then I had an "Uh-Oh" event later on that put a wonderful son in my life.

Guess what? I'm human. Guess what else? My personal life is NONE of your business...and neither is Santonio's (up until he begins to illegally carry firearms, committing a felony, etc...)!

If anything, it places responsibility in my, sometimes chaotic, life and gives me a reason to be even more dedicated to my career...
...all for the sake of:
1) being a man
2) my children.

Your post itself did not bother me....rather, the way you wrote it.

You are wrong this time Bro. It is really none of our business.
Sorry, I disagree with you. How old are you? You had 2 kids, got divorced, had another kid, BUT I'm guessing your not 22 and still in college. I'm not saying you or Santonio is right or wrong at how you live your life, but given his age, his circumstances, personally that shows a little bit more of a lack of responsiblity rather than someone wanting to get their family life started early. Everyone here has the right to be concerend about "character" concerns, it's part of being passionate about a team.

What's up with this "it's none of our business" .... that's BS. It certainly is our business just as it is the Steelers business. If you owned a company and were hiring an employee is it not your business to do a background check on them? It absolutely is! Sure, we are fans, not owners, so it's not our obligation to do that, but it's totally fitting to be concerend about people's character or past behaviors.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:16 AM   #22
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

When it comes down to it - Steeler fans are the owners - you are the guys who buy the tickets and the merchandise.

I think its ok to be concerned about potential character flaws - I thought Rowedf's analogy to general employment was a good one.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:09 PM   #23
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by siss
Who are you to say that because some one has 3 kids by 2 different women they are going to be a disaster on the football field. That is not for you to determine or judge. When he is playing football (which is what he was brought her to do) then you can judge his play. Other then that its none of your business.
That's what we do in here. Make judgments. ANd I'm not passing judgement on anyone with 3 kids at 22. It's is what you do while having 3 kids at 22...ie drugs, violence and the list goes on. Parents are supposed to set an example - not the teachers in their schools.

It's getting busted at 3 AM while visiting his kid is why I pass this judgement. You have limited litmus tests when determining if I guy like this will a) holdout of camp unsigned (which I expect) b) demand premature negotiations c) cry about not getting the ball d) become a cancer in the locker room.

All you have is history. Whether you like it or not.

As to it not being my business I say BS. I spend alot of time and money each year watching and going to games. I have to get up at 5:30 AM just so I can see the kickoffs.

IS WHAT HAPPENED TO BEN OFF THE FIELD SOMETHING WE CAN PASS JUDGEMENT ON?
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:17 PM   #24
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelShooter
Haiku,

Bro, I really like your posts, usually, but this time you are WAY off target.

I had 2 daughters from my wife, we eventually divorced, and then I had an "Uh-Oh" event later on that put a wonderful son in my life.

Guess what? I'm human. Guess what else? My personal life is NONE of your business...and neither is Santonio's (up until he begins to illegally carry firearms, committing a felony, etc...)!

If anything, it places responsibility in my, sometimes chaotic, life and gives me a reason to be even more dedicated to my career...
...all for the sake of:
1) being a man
2) my children.

Your post itself did not bother me....rather, the way you wrote it.
You are wrong this time Bro. It is really none of our business.
That's why we chime in here...agree or disagree. I was pretty ticked off when I wrote it and that came through for sure.

We are in a world of relativity. With a-hole agents out there teams are forced to through around millions of dollars. That's the context of my post that was lost.

It had nothing to do with kids and divorce et al. It is the money we have to commit that can bring down and organization.

Peace.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:42 PM   #25
Petesburgh66
Team Captain

Member Number: 1988

Has this kid heard of condoms? Man, use them.
Petesburgh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:57 PM   #26
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,200 Times in 3,492 Posts

atleast holmes didnt wind up with his face implanted into the windshield of a car.

helmets- use them
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:49 PM   #27
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2156
Cool Re: 3 kids - 2 mothers...that's productive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku_Dirtt
That's why we chime in here...agree or disagree. I was pretty ticked off when I wrote it and that came through for sure.

We are in a world of relativity. With a-hole agents out there teams are forced to through around millions of dollars. That's the context of my post that was lost.

It had nothing to do with kids and divorce et al. It is the money we have to commit that can bring down and organization.

Peace.
Haiku...........I must've mis-read your post then Bro. My apologies.

My point was, to the others....was the child issue has nothing to do with it, as long as he is being responsible.

Again, my apologies Bro.........
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote