Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-16-2011, 04:54 PM   #11
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552
Default Re: Does Ben's Injury actually help the Steelers

we should have just played Barron Batch -, until Ben is really healthy.
thats it.
But ARIEN'S doesn't like Batch, because Batch actually believe's in, and supports, a "running" game.
AND, btw, the O-Line likes the 'ole Baron a lot, and maybe 'cause he makes a similar Salary to them, unlike BEN !?
ok FINE,
and ya, I'm now calling this one out, on what I'm starting to feel.
sorry.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #12
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanata-Steeler View Post
thats it.
But ARIEN'S doesn't like Batch, because Batch actually believe's in, and supports, a "running" game.
AND, btw, the O-Line likes the 'ole Baron a lot, and maybe 'cause he makes a similar Salary to them, unlike BEN !?
ok FINE,
sorry.
1. "Baron" Batch is a RB and is out for the season on injured reserve.

2. You're an idiot.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #13
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
thats it.
ok FINE,
sorry.
Baron Batch? You mean Charlie. And I am sorry while Charlie's a great guy, it would be stupid as hell to bunch Ben who we have invested millions of dollars in favor of Charlie who's probably in his last year or close to it. And there's a reason why Ben's salary is what it is. He's made it to the conference championship four times and this is his eighth year.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #14
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
Baron Batch? You mean Charlie. And I am sorry while Charlie's a great guy, it would be stupid as hell to bunch Ben who we have invested millions of dollars in favor of Charlie who's probably in his last year or close to it. And there's a reason why Ben's salary is what it is. He's made it to the conference championship four times and this is his eighth year.
ya but ALL this still doesn't mean BEN can't still "learn" a bit more BETTER !?, even from Batch.
Batch is NOT just "any" back-up QB for the Steelers,. unless u've been under a rock for the last few years.
- and I blame Ariens, and ultimately Tomlin, for not mentoring/coaching Ben better QB-wise.
Money, as some ppl choose to think about it, don't buy brains', ..., much less determination,..., as we all wellknow, it just pay$ their agents' off. ;)
U gotta earn it !, the hard way in the NFL, especially, if you're a QB.

Last edited by Kanata-Steeler; 10-16-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:31 PM   #15
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6089

Quote:
thats it.
ok FINE,
sorry.
Quote:
ya but ALL this still doesn't mean BEN can't still "learn" a bit more BETTER !?, even from Batch.
Batch is NOT just "any" back-up QB for the Steelers,. unless u've been under a rock for the last few years.
- and I blame Ariens, we should have just played Barron Batch -, until Ben is really healthy.
thats it.
ok FINE,
sorry. and ultimately Tomlin, for not mentoring/coaching Ben better QB-wise.
Money, as some ppl choose to think about it, don't buy brains', ..., u gotta earn it, the hard way in the NFL, especially, if you're a QB.
I think you've been overserved. Have fun
thebus36idf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:32 PM   #16
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
- and I blame Ariens, and ultimately Tomlin, for not mentoring/coaching Ben better QB-wise.
Money, as some ppl choose to think about it, don't buy brains', ..., u gotta earn it, the hard way in the NFL, especially, if you're a QB.
Learning is one thing. Benching the QB we've invested millions of dollars and years in for a guy who is getting up there in years is another. I know how important a back up Batch is. He does that job very well but we have a better chance to win there with Ben at QB and the stats prove that. I am sorry but it is beyond idiotic to bench Ben for Batch. Ben needs to improve his game and I think that's something everyone even Ben realizes but benching a franchise QB for Batch? That's just dumb. I have no qualms with Ben needing to learn. And by the way the reason we pass more now is because we have a lot of talent at the WR position. We've got Ward, Wallace, Sanders, Brown, and then there's Miller at the TE position who ain't bad himself. A more balanced attack is fine but it's not like we don't have the weapons to have a strong passing game.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:36 PM   #17
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
Learning is one thing. Benching the QB we've invested millions of dollars and years in for a guy who is getting up there in years is another. I know how important a back up Batch is. He does that job very well but we have a better chance to win there with Ben at QB and the stats prove that. I am sorry but it is beyond idiotic to bench Ben for Batch. Ben needs to improve his game and I think that's something everyone even Ben realizes but benching a franchise QB for Batch? That's just dumb. I have no qualms with Ben needing to learn. And by the way the reason we pass more now is because we have a lot of talent at the WR position. We've got Ward, Wallace, Sanders, Brown, and then there's Miller at the TE position who ain't bad himself. A more balanced attack is fine but it's not like we don't have the weapons to have a strong passing game.
This has nuthin' to do with "Benching Ben" which I never said -and you know it, ...
comon'
If Ben is not quite HEALTHY, u wanna gamble with his health? -thats obviously a marketing question too ?
If not, then put BATCH in. Read the post man
-thats what I explained.
-don't twist things around.
But I know, you didn't like that "money" thing I mentioned, regarding BEN -it's ok, it comes outta ALL our pockets.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:40 PM   #18
Sixburgher
Banned

Quote:
This has nuthin' to do with "Benching Ben" which I never said -and you know it, ...
comon'
If Ben is not quite HEALTHY, then put BATCH in. Read the post man
-thats what I explained.
-don't twist things around.
But I know, you didn't like that money thing I mentioned -it's ok, it comes outta ALL our pockets.
Bench him a week after tossing 5 touchdown passes. Brilliant.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:42 PM   #19
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

[QUOTE=Sixburgher;953910]Bench him a week after tossing 5 touchdown passes. Brilliant.[/QUO
I didn't say "Bench" did I?
like I said, rtfm.
who said Benching? I didn't, but if he ain't healthy then why gamble even more, ?
Old 10-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #20
Sixburgher
Banned

Quote:
I didn't say "Bench" did I?
like I said, rtfm.
Then exactly WTF do you mean by playing Batch instead of Ben? Not too hard to figure out, genius.