Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #21
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173
Default Re: Does Ben's Injury actually help the Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanata-Steeler View Post
This has nuthin' to do with "Benching Ben" which I never said -and you know it, ...
comon'
If Ben is not quite HEALTHY, u wanna gamble with his health? -thats obviously a marketing question too ?
If not, then put BATCH in. Read the post man
-thats what I explained.
-don't twist things around.
But I know, you didn't like that "money" thing I mentioned, regarding BEN -it's ok, it comes outta ALL our pockets.
Ok yeah you didn't explicitly say bench Ben but you did suggest that putting Batch in would have been better which is nonsense when you look at their track records. Ben's health? Why play him at all if there's any doubt about his health. These guys are football players. No the money thing was stupid logic on your part implying that the other guys dislike Ben because he makes more money than them. That doesn't explain why then why Starks counts Roethlisberger as a good friend, same thing with Colon. Yeah he probably is overpaid a bit but most athletes are and it's not like Ben hasn't been a constant in us making trips back to the SB. We made one trip between 1980 and 2005 to the SB. Since Ben's been the starter we've made three and won two of them. You do the math man.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:46 PM   #22
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post
Bench him a week after tossing 5 touchdown passes. Brilliant.
You mean last-weeks fluke ?
I'm waiting, Ben can do/be a lot better than this. 'maybe we'll do better against tougher teams now, 'cause that's what comin'.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:49 PM   #23
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
You mean last-weeks fluke ?
I'm waiting, Ben can do/be a lot better than this. 'maybe we'll do better against tougher teams now, 'cause that's what comin'.
Yeah, Batch, with his immobilty and body made of glass, gives us a much better chance of winning, particularly behind this craptastic offensive line, right? Pull your head out.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #24
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
Ok yeah you didn't explicitly say bench Ben but you did suggest that putting Batch in would have been better which is nonsense when you look at their track records. Ben's health? Why play him at all if there's any doubt about his health. These guys are football players. No the money thing was stupid logic on your part implying that the other guys dislike Ben because he makes more money than them. That doesn't explain why then why Starks counts Roethlisberger as a good friend, same thing with Colon. Yeah he probably is overpaid a bit but most athletes are and it's not like Ben hasn't been a constant in us making trips back to the SB. We made one trip between 1980 and 2005 to the SB. Since Ben's been the starter we've made three and won two of them. You do the math man.
1./ you do agree, that Ben's OVERPAID a bit too much ?
ok, we're gettin somewhere.
2./ Batch saved the 1st 3 games of last year, almost 4 ! , that's how we got to the SB last year (whatever, actually early this year) against GB. Batch came thru' when we needed him, and, when Ben wasn't even there.
3./ Batch didn't throw the Int in the SB against GB, that cost us that SB -that, my friend was all on Ben. Mendy also played a part... but anyway. -Just ask Harrison about that ?
4./ as far as 2005/2008 goes ?, Cowher left the SB groundwork for this team, but LeBeau ("D") capitalized on it, as history has proven, in 2008 SB.
and again, facts.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:57 PM   #25
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,958 Times in 3,705 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

a couple of years ago I would have agreed that resting Ben so that he could get healthier would have been a good idea. At this point though, I don't think Batch has much of a chance in competing for a win. He kind of reminds me of Maddox at the end of his career. I still think he's a great guy and a good back-up, just not a guy you can stick in a game just so Roethlisberger can rest.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:58 PM   #26
Sixburgher
Banned

Quote:
2./ Batch saved the 1st 3 games of last year, almost 4 ! , that's how we got to the SB last year (whatever, actually early this year) against GB. Batch came thru' when we needed him, and, when Ben wasn't even there.
3./ Batch didn't throw the Int in the SB against GB, that cost us that SB -that, my friend was all on Ben. Mendy also played a part... but anyway. -Just ask Harrison about that ?
1. They're all overpaid. What a revelation.

2. Uh, no, Batch started the Ravens game only, which we LOST. Leftwich and Dixon started the other three.

3. We don't get back in the game against Green Bay in the Super Bowl if Batch starts. In fact, we don't get to the Super Bowl at all.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #27
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Quote:
Honestly everyone's a little overpaid. And are you forgetting that Dixon was the starter in two of those games last year. I am not knocking Batch dude. I love him as a backup but I don't think he has it for the whole season. And frankly I think even he agrees with that which is why he's stayed here and didn't pursue other starting opportunties. And yeah Ben struggled in the Super Bowl last year but remember this, he also played a role in getting us back in the game. which I doubt Batch could have done. And the D wasn't exactly blameless in the game either since Rodgers played very well against them. The SB was a team loss. It sucked and still gnaws at me but blaming Ben and Mendy alone for the loss is moronic.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:02 PM   #28
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Quote:

2. Uh, no, Batch started the Ravens game only, which we LOST. Leftwich and Dixon started the other three.

3. We don't get back in the game against Green Bay in the Super Bowl if Batch starts. In fact, we don't get to the Super Bowl at all.
Batch started the Tampa game last year and did a nice job too but that's semantics really since your points are right. Batch is what he is, a solid back up but not the guy you want starting on a consistent basis. I liken him to a good relief pitcher in baseball. Doesn't have the stuff to go through a whole game or in Chaz's case the whole season but he's there when you need him.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #29
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Quote:

-> yet again, U misquoted. I didn't say everyone is overpaid, dude READ !!! -gawd I could only wish everyone was overpaid -including you and me.

-> Batch helped win the 1st 3 outta 4 games last year, 'cause Ben was out for "those" reasons' (hint, hint nod, nod) -nice start -case CLOSED now.

...and unfortunately bud, that, we will never know now, -revelation ?
:)
Old 10-16-2011, 05:29 PM   #30
Sixburgher
Banned

Quote:
...and unfortunately bud, that, we will never know now, -revelation ?
:)
You think Batch has the strength to stay out of Suggs grasp long enough to get rid of the ball in Baltimore? You think Batch makes that 58 yard pass to Brown? Dream on.