Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 10-16-2011, 07:35 PM   #41
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552
Default Re: Does Ben's Injury actually help the Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
What does that even mean? Bandwagon? The guy's been our starter since 2004 and has in that time led us to four conference championship games and two Super Bowl wins. And you still continue to claim that Batch started all four games last year while he was out even though it was Dixon that started the Atlanta and Tennessee games.And Ben with an injured foot is better than Batch full strength. Batch does his job as a back up but I doubt he makes us a playoff team. Some guys are perfectly suited for the backup QB position and Batch at this point in his career is suited to that. I don't even think you know what you're talking about.
Once again you'll AGREE -Lol
"...Some guys are perfectly suited for the backup QB position and Batch at this point in his career is suited to that..."

and that's exactly what I have also been saying.
See what I mean,?
I guess I just can't lose, for winning against re:'s like this.?
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:39 PM   #42
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
First off, Dixon started the first game against Atlanta last year. Batch stepped in the second game, when Dixon was hurt (and "won" the game with a whooping 25 yards passing and 0 TDs on 11 attempts) against the Titans. Batch started and won the third game against TB, then started and lost against the Ravens (with less than 150 yds passing). How all that equates to Batch winning the 1st 3 games last year is way beyond me. And honestly, for someone who praises the D as much as they do, it surprises me that you don't give sole credit to them for those wins (holding the first 3 teams to 13 or less points).

Yeah...Batch really helped pave the road to that SB.
The point is, even without BEN (aka first few games last year) the "team" did good.
what?
argue with that ?, cry about it?, I dunno.
But, Its NOT JUST about BEN !!!, and really, it probably never really was, I'm sry to say it. but ya it's true.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:40 PM   #43
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanata-Steeler View Post
Once again you'll AGREE -Lol
"...Some guys are perfectly suited for the backup QB position and Batch at this point in his career is suited to that..."

and that's exactly what I have also been saying.
See what I mean,?
I guess I just can't lose, for winning against re:'s like this.?
Okay, maybe I just got confused because I interpreted your first post as implying that we'd be better off with Batch in there. If that wasn't your point, I apologize for reading that wrong. Batch is a good back up which I think most agree on. And yeah Ben struggled in the second half today but he was doing awfully good that first half. I don't think it's the injury affecting him. Didn't hurt him last week obviously.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:49 PM   #44
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,474 Times in 1,147 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanata-Steeler View Post
The point is, even without BEN (aka first few games last year) the "team" did good.
what?
argue with that ?, cry about it?, I dunno.
Its NOT JUST about BEN !!! I'm really sry to say it. but ya it's true.
Why would I argue or cry about it? I was happy about it lol.

This is the first time you brought up "team" though. Just a few posts ago, you were saying Batch won those games.

Nice attempt at deflecting the fact that you were wrong though, I guess.

You are the one that started this little rant about Ben and Batch...or have you forgotten already? Oh, and pointing out that Ben is a better starting QB than Batch does NOT mean you are some kind of Ben fanboy (or girl) that is incapable of criticizing him when he plays poorly. It simply means that Ben is a better starter than Batch. So you can lay off the "ben.com" and "bandwagon" statements, cause they just make you look ridiculous.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:36 PM   #45
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6089

[
Quote:
QUOTE=GMU Steeler;953916]Ok yeah you didn't explicitly say bench Ben but you did suggest that putting Batch in would have been better which is nonsense when you look at their track records. Ben's health? Why play him at all if there's any doubt about his health. These guys are football players. No the money thing was stupid logic on your part implying that the other guys dislike Ben because he makes more money than them. That doesn't explain why then why Starks counts Roethlisberger as a good friend, same thing with Colon. Yeah he probably is overpaid a bit but most athletes are and it's not like Ben hasn't been a constant in us making trips back to the SB. We made one trip between 1980 and 2005 to the SB. Since Ben's been the starter we've made three and won two of them. You do the math man.
[/QUOTE]

I started this post to make the point that Ben actually played better hurt. I left watched the game came back here, and I think I slipped through some time warp back to 2006 or something. With the Batch/Ben talk

Ben was obviously healthier today because Arians was right back to form in the second half. It was like Arians used the first half to see how Ben's foot was, and once he decided it was a O.K. he regressed right back to the style of offense that got Ben hurt in the first place. Does anyone know how much of the change would be Ben's decision, and How much would be Arians?
thebus36idf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:49 PM   #46
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus36idf View Post
[
I started this post to make the point that Ben actually played better hurt. I left watched the game came back here, and I think I slipped through some time warp back to 2006 or something. With the Batch/Ben talk

Ben was obviously healthier today because Arians was right back to form in the second half. It was like Arians used the first half to see how Ben's foot was, and once he decided it was a O.K. he regressed right back to the style of offense that got Ben hurt in the first place. Does anyone know how much of the change would be Ben's decision, and How much would be Arians?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know you weren't arguing for Batch over Ben here so no worries. And hell it does seem he plays better with adversity. I am sure you remember the second Baltimore game last year. Ngata breaks his nose and what does he do? Leads the team to a victory on the road against the hated Ravens. I think you're right that he was healthier but I think something's lingering. He's just missing those guys deep. I think part of the problem was Ben himself and the execution of those plays but Arians can't get unblamed since I think he was too happy to go with those. one thing to go with it once or twice but he went with it too often and I think it killed momeum. Bummer. I think Ben will be ok though.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:07 PM   #47
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6089

Quote:
Yeah I know you weren't arguing for Batch over Ben here so no worries. And hell it does seem he plays better with adversity. I am sure you remember the second Baltimore game last year. Ngata breaks his nose and what does he do? Leads the team to a victory on the road against the hated Ravens. I think you're right that he was healthier but I think something's lingering. He's just missing those guys deep. I think part of the problem was Ben himself and the execution of those plays but Arians can't get unblamed since I think he was too happy to go with those. one thing to go with it once or twice but he went with it too often and I think it killed momeum. Bummer. I think Ben will be ok though.
[/QUOTE]

I think he has an impessive record playing injured. Yep definitly killed momentum
thebus36idf is offline   Reply With Quote