Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #21
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,080 Times in 4,583 Posts
Default Re: Week 6 Postgame thread/Game Ball

i give the gameball to isaac redman. he ran the ball with authority. still too much dancing and indecisiveness from mendenhall behind the line....

(i sure hope legursky doesnt have an achilles) how bout the steelers running to jon scotts side? too bad he should be off this team along with mendenhall.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #22
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

My game ball goes to Keisel or Polamalu, They were both studs today. my season MVP will go to who ever the hell fires Arians. I am sick of this crap from our O, Way too much talent on this O to be this bad. Hit our speedy recievers on slants and and watch them run. Same result as the 40-50 yard bomb. And wahtever happened to keep running it until they stop it, the guy is a mess!
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:48 PM   #23
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinX43 View Post
What about Mendy. I think he deserves some recognition
Had a good bounce back game. Happy with Mendy today and will give him his due but I think Keisel/Woodley are more deserving since they were getting pressure on Gabbart all day. Mendy was solid but had some struggles.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:56 PM   #24
55BaileyFan
Starter

Member Number: 13479
Default POST GAME

http://steelerfreakmov.blogspot.com/...-nip-jags.html

Where was the offense in the second half? I was impressed by the line until the fourth quarter, but I think those three sacks are on Ben for holding the ball too long.

The rush defense needs more work as well...but I am optimistic
Old 10-16-2011, 05:14 PM   #25
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 5,023 Times in 2,383 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Bury the game ball. Next time our team takes Heinz will be against Patriots and I hope Tomlin reminds them of a certain stench that has made its way back yet again. Not to mention we are going to have a hard time @ Arizona. We should by no means feel comfortable.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #26
caplovestroyp43
Banned

Member Number: 16490
My Mood: Angelic

Mendy riding the pine was a good thing. That 68 yard run was great! Wished I could have seen it although Tunch, Bill and Craig make it so very exciting listening to them.

What to do, what to do next week...watch it or listen to it? Probably listen to it. I don't watch during regular season much. Playoffs I watch every one.

On to Arizona to cage the birdies!! Although I have nothing seriously against this team. They sure helped make the Super Bowl against them one hell of a thrilling game. Hopefully their fan base is as respectful as the Packers were.
caplovestroyp43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #27
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Mendy seems to respond to benching's well. He did play good, the line wasn't run blocking too well in the second half. Game ball goes to Keisel or Woodley. Keisel was involved on almost every play and Woodley was an animal again. Overall I'm happy with the defense, the defense was dominant 2 games in a row at least. I think the play calling in the second half was a difference since we we were doing so well with the short passes early, but the long bombs were working except for Ben. The receivers were open deep often and the line gave Ben enough time. Sad to say but I've never seen a QB ever miss that many opportunities. That's the ultimate reason, the play calling could have been better, but we could have scored 35+ if Ben would have completed the open long bombs. The good news is that everybody on here including myself seemed to be worried about 2 things the most after the first 4 games, the O line and the run stopping. Both are going well for us now and IMO the defense played great 2 games in a row. For the most part every body played well except for Ben in the second half and the O line provided Ben with plenty of time but they didn't do well run blocking in the second half. Ben reels in 2 or 3 of those passes and the game is 35+ to most likely 10. If the defense plays as well as these last two games and the running games goes well like the last two games, then it's just up to Arians and Ben. If Arians had better play calling or Ben made those throws it's a blow out. If they miss them all like they did, against a great team like the Ratbirds or Pats, they would have blown us out in the second half.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #28
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248

J. Scott is playing okay at RT but I'm not going to look too far into it because the Jags are ranked 31st in getting to the QB. If he keeps it up good for him. But I feel that Gilbert should get the nod when healthy. Scott is a backup tackle on all teams.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:52 PM   #29
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
J. Scott is playing okay at RT but I'm not going to look too far into it because the Jags are ranked 31st in getting to the QB. If he keeps it up good for him. But I feel that Gilbert should get the nod when healthy. Scott is a backup tackle on all teams.
He probably will if he's healthy. I think there's a lot of upside to Gilbert. Doesn't hurt that him and Pouncey were already good friends we drafted him. Scott is a depth body. Gilbert's the future.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:53 PM   #30
DoctorCAD
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10385

Game ball goes to Gabbert.

Any other NFL QB would have beaten the Steelers today.

Good thing he sucks.
DoctorCAD is offline   Reply With Quote