Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-19-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,144 Times in 2,644 Posts
Default Ben has been lobbying for No Huddle....

...but arians keeps telling him "no".

http://burgh.us/8y4

Quote:
Ben Roethlisberger has been doing some serious campaigning these days, getting in the ear of offensive coordinator Bruce Arians with his plea to run the no-huddle offense.

“I feel we can change it up,” said Roethlisberger. “It’s a weapon for us. We just haven’t had a chance to get into it yet. I wanted to get into it last week. I love doing it. We have so many weapons we need to utilize it.”

Roethlisberger doesn’t think using it on the road is a problem and would welcome it this week against the Arizona Cardinals or at any week for that matter.

“I would like to do it every game regardless of how we are doing,” said Roethlisberger. “Traditionally we have gotten into it when we have struggled on offense. I went to (Arians) the last game at the eight minute mark after we went a couple of three and outs to try to change up the tempo and the pace. We usually go to it when things aren’t clicking on offense.”Roethlisberger said one of the advantages to using it is it puts the play calling in his hands, utilizing what he is seeing on the field.

“A lot of it is I am calling the plays so I can see the defense,” said Roethlisberger. “When a play is called from the sidelines it’s off of tendencies. which when you have a good coordinator like we do they know tendencies pretty well. I have a feel for who is playing well, who is doing good things, looks on defensive fronts, secondary. It’s a rhythm thing for me.”
@mikebires
Roethlisberger also says he wants his currect OC - Bruce Arians - to allow to use more no-huddle

@dlolleyor Dale Lolley
#Roethlisberger said he lobbied to use no-huddle Sunday against Jacksonville but was shot down.

so in summation, ben wants to randomly use what he is most comfortable with, and when its most likely to catch the opponent off guard, but arians only uses it at the most predictable times when defenses are pretty much expecting it????

"that'll trick 'em!"

*&%^$# idiot....
Old 10-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,796 Times in 2,679 Posts
Default Re: Ben has been lobbying for No Huddle....

After 1 game out of the first 6 where the offense played well for the entire game the frustration is bubbling up

Cardinals have become a trendy upset pick this weekend - lose that game with the annual dubbing by the Pats to follow and IMO the lid blows off this mess
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:58 PM   #3
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,147 Times in 476 Posts

I can't begin to explain how irritated I am with all of this. All these years, and I mean dating back all the way to 2007, we've heard about the offense going more no huddle and putting the playcalls in the hands of Ben in the situation. Every time we use the no huddle and when Ben is operating the offense, great things happens, yet, year after year, we're held back.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:14 PM   #4
WickedSteel
Banned

Member Number: 17099

You know, with all the speed the Steelers can put on the field, they could effectively exhaust defenses by going with the no huddle. Add to the fact that Ben wants this and is most comfortable with it and it just makes me even more pissed at Arians. I guess he needs to show he is still the boss...
WickedSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:39 PM   #5
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,500 Times in 2,337 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

it's no surprise that arians has been holding us back for years
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:04 PM   #6
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

I just wish BA would go away.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:46 AM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,144 Times in 2,644 Posts

Quote:
“A lot of it is I am calling the plays instead of arians,” said Roethlisberger. “When a play is called from the sidelines it usually sucks.
fixed.

it is being reported that out of 6 games, the steelers have only run 13 snaps from the "no huddle" offense.

no wonder our young receivers are struggling. instead of playing to their strength and capitalizing on their youthful talent, he is doing shit that even bill walsh or vince lombardi couldnt even figure out.

if used properly, we would have the sickest 11 personnel package in the league (what hines-holmes-wallace-mendenhall-miller shoulda been) and make all of our o-linemen look like solid draft picks.

instead the 5 big uglies up front catch hell for not being the rocks of gibraltar.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:49 AM   #8
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

I'm particularly fond of the half-assed attempt at not stabbing Arians in the back, saying how good he is at spotting tendencies. Yes, of course he spots tendencies... and then does exactly the opposite of what he's supposed to do.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:45 AM   #9
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,453 Times in 1,642 Posts
My Mood: Fine

You know - I knew there was a reason it was so hard to get out of bed today. I woke up in a world where BA is still our O-coordinator. It is too bad Ben doesn't have any legs to stand on when it comes to speaking out or going against the grain a little - I think if it weren't for his off the field issues, he might have done the no-huddle more often without approval just to show how good it works. I'd love for Ben to take the reigns and give this O some confidence but neh, Arians knows "tendencies" - so they have that going for them. What a d-bag. I enjoy Ben, I think Tomlin is a great coach - BUT - I think our offense doesn't improve unless they A. efficiently run the ball on 3rd and short and goal line and more importantly B. Ben goes over BA's head to Tomlin and begs him to give him more power and to have him talk with Bruce. I'd love for Ben and the offense to come out no huddle and start proving their potential but its not going to happen. Part of me almost wishes this boils over so the non sense stops. Your 2 SB winning QB is more comfortable and thinks the offense would click better, has been lobbying for it since 07 but hey I'm BA don't tell me what to do . . . love the arrogance.

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:47 AM   #10
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw

Remember... Ben saved Bruce's job and kept him around for a reason........
steelax04 is offline   Reply With Quote