Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 10:01 AM   #11
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 6,315 Times in 2,989 Posts
My Mood: Devilish
Default Re: James Farrior has become worthless to this defense

2011 PIT 7 7 45 33 12 2.0 -- 3 -- -- -- -- -- 0 --
2010 PIT 16 16 109 80 29 6.0 -- 5 -- -- -- -- -- 1 1
2009 PIT 16 16 102 68 34 3.0 -- 5 1 18 -- 18 0 1 1
2008 PIT 16 16 133 87 46 3.5 -- 5 -- -- -- -- -- 1 1
2007 PIT 16 16 94 64 30 6.5 -- 7 1 0 -- 0 0 2 --
2006 PIT 16 16 128 85 43 4.0 -- 6 1 1 -- 1 0 2 1

http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/...e-c5c0c49ca51c

He's consistent and on pace for a typical year.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #12
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 5,025 Times in 2,385 Posts
My Mood: Fine

I'm still drinkin' the half full glass so I'll just say a few words re: Farrior and re: NE game

- Farrior: Name 10 starting LBs from any team that should start for us in his place and I'll give you at least 10 teams that would love his services (obviously he fits the Cardinals' requirements lol) He might be a step slower but he is wiser - if our wins/losses rely on his position making/missing tackles than we are a lot worse than we think. If the D-line wasn't getting blown off the ball in the Houston game like they were - we wouldn't even be having the conversation. I agree - the guy is on pace for another solid season. Any small RB is going to burn a LB in open space - and let's not even get into how the league is putting defenses in general at a disadvantage

- Farrior v. NE personnel - if we can't get pressure with minimum amount of blitzers nothing else matters. If we can't force a turnover and score nothing else matters. Their O needs to be sitting on the bench as much as possible. If someone thinks we can use 6 to 7 Dbs like the Jets did well the Patriots have already figured that one out too - they'll just run it (although I'd like to think with our new-look D-line we will stop that) If we're praying that Farrior doesn't get exposed we've lost already.

- Steelers v. New England - I'd love to say we are due but that doesn't mean much. Our offense needs to seize this opportunity to put the team on its back - if we have a brain fart again and sputter we are done. I have a feeling our defense is going to keep it close - but only for so long. I'm gonna pull my hair out if we have one of those "at least we got 3 out of it" - cause then we are screwed. I can almost guarantee if Brady gets them to our 30 they are going to score 7 so we have to match it. I can't see us winning without a great output from offense unless the defense plays completely out of its mind and having one memorable performance sacking and creating turnovers left and right. Ideally I'd love for us to smear him all over the field - but don't count on that.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #13
queeg
Banned

Member Number: 18784

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbsteeler View Post
This better be the last season that Lebeau and Tomlin try to ride this guy. I think it is because alot of $$$ has to be cut to sign Wallace. I'm sick of seeing Farrior trailing someone coming out of the backfield for big yardage. It's become an embarassment.

Also, William Gay's exposure starts this Sunday. Don't like him and as usual Tomlin tries to hide a player's ineptitude within the system until an opponent exposes his ass. This week I say Gay gets exposed. I hope he prove's me wrong.
Be professional....its teamwork.....miserable posts are getting old!
Old 10-24-2011, 11:53 AM   #14
queeg
Banned

Member Number: 18784

[QUOTE=ebsteelers;955665]some dudes are just bitter in every "

There are some personally miserable people posting in this forum...we support the Steelers...some moderator must get the attention of unprofessional postings...
Old 10-24-2011, 11:57 AM   #15
Let em eat ketchup
Water Boy

Member Number: 19037

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbsteeler View Post
This better be the last season that Lebeau and Tomlin try to ride this guy. I think it is because alot of $$$ has to be cut to sign Wallace. I'm sick of seeing Farrior trailing someone coming out of the backfield for big yardage. It's become an embarassment.

Also, William Gay's exposure starts this Sunday. Don't like him and as usual Tomlin tries to hide a player's ineptitude within the system until an opponent exposes his ass. This week I say Gay gets exposed. I hope he prove's me wrong.
He didn't stand out as much to me as Ike and Troy did this week.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:26 PM   #16
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

Yeah he's lost a step or 2...but unless there is someone one the bench better he should start....the fact that none of our current second year LB's can beat him out speaks volumes to me
Old 10-24-2011, 12:32 PM   #17
SmashmouthFootball
Starter

Member Number: 12020

You can't have in-their-prime stars at every position. Every defense has a weakness, and the key is at least getting SOMETHING from those positions of weakness so that it's easier to cover them up. Farrior knows the scheme, is still excellent in gaps and in the run game. We just have to make sure we don't let teams isolate certain players(i.e. Ray Rice) on him.

You can't be perfect at every facet of the game, the NFL is set up to make sure you can't do that for the sake of parity.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:34 PM   #18
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

Negative Nancy posts are just getting so old. A 32-20 butt whooping on the road and some people are not happy. I am ECSTATIC that we went out West and pulled out a win. We tend to struggle going West and playing down to our opponents. This game they just went out and kicked Cardinal butt all over the place.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
Old 10-24-2011, 12:34 PM   #19
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 5,025 Times in 2,385 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Heck - just glad to be able to dissect and discuss this team after a 3rd straight win to put us at 5-2.

Very fortunate to be a Stillers fan
Old 10-24-2011, 12:36 PM   #20
mizzouristeeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17519

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashmouthFootball View Post
You can't have in-their-prime stars at every position. Every defense has a weakness, and the key is at least getting SOMETHING from those positions of weakness so that it's easier to cover them up. Farrior knows the scheme, is still excellent in gaps and in the run game. We just have to make sure we don't let teams isolate certain players(i.e. Ray Rice) on him.

You can't be perfect at every facet of the game, the NFL is set up to make sure you can't do that for the sake of parity.
For the sake of tom brady
Closed Thread