Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-25-2011, 09:14 AM   #11
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080
Default Re: There IS a difference...

Man on man press cover the receivers and put Brady on his back twice and it will be a game. Look at the teams that have beat the Patriots that is how they have done it. Disrupt the receivers routes early throw of the timing and get to Brady quickly and hope the refs don't throw flags for "Roughing the *****".

If we see our CB's 12 yards off the line it will be a really really long day.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:13 AM   #12
Neil-Still-Rules-14
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1048
Thanked 1,014 Times in 424 Posts

I looked today and was SHOCKED to see the Patriots total defense in yards allowed and passing defense are both last in the NFL. We know they will try to throw on the Steelers, as they are also the best passing offense. So it's just basically going to be a shootout. Forget running the ball. Throw it deep and this game will be like when the Steelers played the Packers in 2009.
Neil-Still-Rules-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:14 AM   #13
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfreak58 View Post
Man on man press cover the receivers and put Brady on his back twice and it will be a game. Look at the teams that have beat the Patriots that is how they have done it. Disrupt the receivers routes early throw of the timing and get to Brady quickly and hope the refs don't throw flags for "Roughing the *****".

If we see our CB's 12 yards off the line it will be a really really long day.

We'll have to be looking out for the early bomb though, those bastards seem to always hit one big play early that numbs us into standing back on our heels

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:23 AM   #14
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil-Still-Rules-14 View Post
I looked today and was SHOCKED to see the Patriots total defense in yards allowed and passing defense are both last in the NFL. We know they will try to throw on the Steelers, as they are also the best passing offense. So it's just basically going to be a shootout. Forget running the ball. Throw it deep and this game will be like when the Steelers played the Packers in 2009.
indeed. the cheaters have given up more 20+ yard plays than anyone else in the league.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:56 AM   #15
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,470 Times in 2,749 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

the thing that gives me the biggest hope for this game is the fact our corners are playing up at the LoS instead of 10 yard cushions. 10 yard cushions = brady will dink and dunk us all day. you need to take that away from him to beat the pats.

whether we can do that at this point in the season is the question. are lewis and gay that much of an upgrade over mcfadden? we will find out.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:59 AM   #16
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,967 Times in 1,848 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post

---On a serious side note: The patriots defense won't be able to hold our offense, especially if Ben continues to use Brown. Ben used Brown frequently last game, effectively opening up deeper passes to Wallace. It's almost like a running game! <-- LOL

Defense needs to step up, offense needs to show up. That's the plan,

Cheers!

You forget that arians will more than likely outsmart himself and hinder the O more than the cheats* D.

The biggest thing the Steelers need to do is put pressure on goatboy, he starts to panic when that happens. And get ready for whining to the refs that goatboy is so good at.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:07 PM   #17
rocckbottomxmen
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18105

I really think we get this one...as well as the one next week......I predicted at the beginning of the season we would be 15 and 1. I also said we get the w against the pats this yr. Well 15 and 1 will not happen but we will get the pats and most likely end up 14 and 2
Old 10-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #18
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

I just hope the team does not get too psyched out because of Pats past performances. They need to be confident and play MAD. Woodley needs to have another good day "RUSHING THE PASSER", not dropping back in coverage. He has been a beast lately. Let's keep it that way.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:28 PM   #19
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

i have two big concerns. one, is whether or not we can get enough pressure on Brady, while only rushing 3 or 4. he has ridiculous stats against the blitz. i think we will do better than in the past with Hood and Heyward's abilities to pass rush.. Hoke is a better pass rusher than Hampton, hopefully he is healthy for this one. the last time we beat the Pats, it was with Hoke in the middle. not saying it was a game-changer by any means, but he does get to the QB better than Hampton.

my second concern is our ability to cover their tight ends and Welker over the middle. this is a huge, glaring mismatch for us.. Farrior simply cannot cover any of those players... not a chance. it would be great if Worilds can come back for this one so we can move Timmons back to ILB and use him to play coverage over the middle. if not, i would still have to imagine him dropping back in coverage most of the game, only from the OLB position.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:41 PM   #20
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,059 Times in 931 Posts
My Mood: Cool

i just wanna se brady hit the ground hard LIKE REALLY REALLY HARD
and many many times not just a once

Last edited by fer522; 10-25-2011 at 08:51 PM.
fer522 is online now   Reply With Quote