Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 06-12-2006, 09:41 PM   #21
BlacknGold Bleeder
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1254
Default Re: Tommy Maddox - Vulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca
Maddox needs to take care of his family. I applaud his agent's looking out for his career (what's left of it). In the real world, that's what people do.

Tom
Why don't you and LITP both crawl back under the rocks that you came out of ... The BS that you 2 have posted at this time amaze me ! Show some respect to an injured MAN. THere is plenty of time for your petty negative inane comments later but I think you will find the majority of people on this board agree with Suit... STFU!!!
Old 06-12-2006, 09:54 PM   #22
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder
Why don't you and LITP both crawl back under the rocks that you came out of ... The BS that you 2 have posted at this time amaze me ! Show some respect to an injured MAN. THere is plenty of time for your petty negative inane comments later but I think you will find the majority of people on this board agree with Suit... STFU!!!
I have already expressed my sympathy for Ben R. and wish him a speedy recovery - like everyone else has.

I thought that the idea of Maddox being some kind of vulture as utterly ridiculous, we dont even have the true facts on Bens injury let alone what agents of other quarterbacks are doing.

I could care less who agrees with what on here - I post what I think and wont be told by you or any other regular poster not to.

People who scream STFU are lacking in basic social skills, maybe you ought to take the time to learn some manners.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:59 PM   #23
Steelersfan4life0655
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2163

Maddox can stay out of burg!!! I think we have enough qb's in the depth chart to take care of the job when ben's out.
Steelersfan4life0655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:59 PM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,087 Times in 4,587 Posts

i take what atlanta dan posts as gold. no links needed.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:00 PM   #25
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,520 Times in 3,752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
I have already expressed my sympathy for Ben R. and wish him a speedy recovery - like everyone else has.

I thought that the idea of Maddox being some kind of vulture as utterly ridiculous, we dont even have the true facts on Bens injury let alone what agents of other quarterbacks are doing.

I could care less who agrees with what on here - I post what I think and wont be told by you or any other regular poster not to.

People who scream STFU are lacking in basic social skills, maybe you ought to take the time to learn some manners.

NM
Maddox's agent called the Steelers before sundown after the accident occurred - it is not as if the Steelers need a QB to suit up this coming Sunday

From the Merriam Webster Online Dictionary

Vulture - a rapacious or predatory person

I stand by my post
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:05 PM   #26
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
Maddox's agent called the Steelers before sundown after the accident occurred - it is not as if the Steelers need a QB to suit up this coming Sunday

From the Merriam Webster Online Dictionary

Vulture - a rapacious or predatory person

I stand by my post
Thats fine Dan, im not going to dispute the fact there has been contact between the agent and the Steelers - but can you claim to know the whole story already?

Neither of us are the one's telling people to STFU - I have no real problem with what you posted or your right to post it - its exactly the same right that allows me to post aswell.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:12 PM   #27
BlacknGold Bleeder
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1254

[
Neither of us are the one's telling people to STFU - I have no real problem with what you posted or your right to post it - its exactly the same right that allows me to post aswell.

NM[/QUOTE]

I don't deny your right to post but you could try to show a little class in what you post. You can try to be as eloquent as you want also but sometimes a simple ,STFU, expresses one's opinion that it does not need to be dressed up anymore.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:25 PM   #28
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2156
Cool Re: Tommy Maddox - Vulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
When I first saw the title of this thread, the first thing I thought of was that Tommy Maddox and his agent were ambulance chasers. If it's true, it's premature, disgusting, and pathetic, in my opinion, since we still don't know Ben's prognosis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk Believer
It just doesn't seem to make sense for an agent to contact the organization that quickly this time of the year. If it was in the middle of the season, then yeah, make the call right away. But who in their right mind thinks that the Steelers organization is going to make an immediate decision about backups and replacements when this happening in June and the doctors probably don't know his progonsis yet? Doesn't seem like the agent would be doing his client any favors by calling that quickly if its true.

I agree whole-heartedly with both of you.

If it is, in fact, true.............it's sick!

I'm looking at footage of his bike right now on NFL Network.....daaaaamn! Ok, Adam Schefter is on, let's see what he has to say..................Charlie Batch is first choice, naturally. He mentions Omar also. OMG! It's True! He worked out for the Dolphins, Raiders, Texans, and Saints, he wants back into the NFL badly. But to have your representative call shortly after the accident? They specifically stated that the call was placed "Monday Morning."

And HB was correct, IMHO, in stating that his agent/representative was definitely not doing him any favors calling this early.

It's all a sad situation. I only wish Ben the best.....and the Team as well.

Man, they just said that Ben spent 7 hours in surgery and is currently in Recovery. This is horrible, I really hope he is fine. More on TV right now from the Doctors/Surgical Team: Standby -
-7 hrs
- brain seems to be fine
- emerged from surgery @ approximately 9pm East Coast
- no expected changes this evening (still listed as "Serious but Stable").
- next medical update tomorrow.

I really do not know what else to say.............................my best to him and his family.

Last edited by SteelShooter; 06-12-2006 at 10:32 PM.
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:17 PM   #29
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,087 Times in 4,587 Posts

im a little put off by maddox not attending the trip to the white house or the ring ceremony. i remember teammates standing firmly behind him when he took the starters job from kordell. (hines ward, alan faneca)

i think he has burnt bridges despite his (or his agent) offering services in this time of need.

ben has a hard head. he should recover fine but, if needed, and if batch cant get it done, i am anxious to see if omar jacobs can step in and do half of what ben did in his rookie year. forget maddox.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:19 PM   #30
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2156

I'm with ya Tony...........I'm confident in Charlie!

I'm also confident that Ben will recover fully.
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote