Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Tailgate Party

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 09-19-2011, 12:22 AM   #1
justlilyxo
Water Boy

Member Number: 18857
Default Steelers vs. Cardinals

Hey is anyone going to the steelers vs. cardinals game on October 23 in arizona? If so what hotels are you guys staying in? #steelernation
justlilyxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:30 PM   #2
tumtum13
Water Boy

Member Number: 19016
Default Re: Steelers vs. Cardinals

hey,

i will be attending the game but live about 15 minutes from the stadium. there are plenty of hotels down by the stadium. they call the area "Westgate."

should be a good time!
tumtum13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:54 AM   #3
justlilyxo
Water Boy

Member Number: 18857

5 more days! ahh i cant wait, im traveling from chicago/st. louis to see them play! will there be a tailgate before the game for steeler fans?
justlilyxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:04 AM   #4
steelerfanindenver
Water Boy

Member Number: 19024

I'm coming to Phoenix for the game with 5 other Steeler fans. Any idea where the best lot to tailgate with other Steeler fans is? Also, anyone know what time the lots open? Thanks-
steelerfanindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:00 PM   #5
getyourbeardon#99
Water Boy

Member Number: 19025

Come to the big party the night before the game, it'll be much more fun! Go to www.haroldcorral.com     Home History Menus Events Calendar Catering Photos Store Steelers Location Contact

Harolds Corral * 6895 E. Cave Creek Road, Cave Creek, AZ 85331 (480) 488-1906
Harolds is THE place in Cave Creek, Arizona for good food, great music and a dang’ good time. Hitch yer hat, hang yer hoss and kick back to enjoy some good times eatin’, drinkin’ and dancin’. Harolds serves up the best durned cooking in these here parts (or any other parts, for that matter).

Get connected at Harold's we offer FREE Wi-Fi high speed wireless internet access to our customers. Wireless network users can use their own computer and wireless Internet access card to get connected.
Current Events

JOIN the HAROLD’S NEWSLETTER, for the latest Specials & Upcoming Events.

PURCHASE TICKETS @ HAROLD’S CORRAL OR http://www.ticketmaster.com/Donnie-I.../artist/735339

Harold’s Cave Creek Corral and Mel Blount Youth Home
to Host  “Steelers Fan Fest Weekend” October 21-23
 1,000+ Steelers fans to Converge on Cave Creek, one of Arizona’s last authentic Western towns
Hall of Famer Mel Blount, Mike Merriweather, Louis Lipps, Mike Wagner, Andy Russell and other former Steelers to make appearances throughout the weekend
(CAVE CREEK, Ariz.) – When the Arizona Cardinals play the Pittsburgh Steelers this season on October 23, the tiny Western town of Cave Creek, Arizona will be transformed into a virtual suburb of Pittsburgh when more than 1,000 Steelers converge to watch the game from the bar they fondly call “Heinz Field West” – Harold’s Cave Creek Corral. To celebrate, Harold’s and Mel Blount Youth Home are hosting a “Steelers Fan Fest Weekend” Friday, October 21 through Sunday, October 23.
 The festive weekend kicks off on Friday, October 21 with the Mel Blount Youth Home Charity Golf Tournament at Tatum Ranch Golf Club,29888 N. Tatum Ranch Drive, in Cave Creek. Registration begins at 11:30 a.m. with a shot gun start at 1 p.m. All proceeds will benefit Mel Blount Youth Home, a multi-service treatment program for young males who are victims of child abuse and neglect.
On Saturday, October 22, the desert town that boasts just one stop sign will be bustling with fans donning their black and gold. Harold’s popular “Fan Fest” fund-raiser takes place from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. and will feature chances to mingle with former Steelers players and WDVE radio personalities, interactive games,Pittsburgh delicacies,IronCity beer, and live music featuring local andPittsburgh bands, including Donnie Iris. Former Steelers scheduled to make appearances include Hall of Famer Mel Blount, Mike Merriweather, Louis Lipps, Mike Wagner, Andy Russell, and others.
Rookie tickets are $10, which include entry to the event and general admission standing at the Donnie Iris concert; Pro Bowl Fan Fest tickets are $25, which include entry to the event and general admission concert seats; and Hall of Fame tickets are $50, which include a VIP concert seat within the first few rows, access to the VIP patio lounge with complimentary appetizers, and a special Steelers gift. All proceeds will benefit Mel Blount Youth Home.
On Game Day, Sunday, October 23, Harold’s will bus 200 fans to their tailgate party at theUniversityofPhoenixstadium. Some 1,000 fans are expected to watch the game from Harold’s and cheer their beloved Steelers while waving their “terrible towels” and singing Polka and Steelers fight songs. All proceeds will benefit Mel Blount Youth Home.
Harold’s Corral co-owner and Pittsburgh native Danny Piacquadio said Steelers fans always come together for a good cause.  “We’ve tied in fund-raisers with three Super Bowl parties here and many other big games, and the fans always go above and beyond to help. Even during the last Super Bowl, when our neighboring Packers bar across the dirt parking lot won the game, we won the challenge to see which fans could bring the most canned goods and donations for our local food bank. We’re expecting that same kind of enthusiasm for our Fan Fest weekend and for Mel Blount Youth Home,” Piacquadio said.
Former Steelers great Mel Blount, president of The Mel Blount Youth Home, said, “This is a great event for the Youth Home and I know Steelers fans will really enjoy all the festivities that are planned for the weekend.”
Harold’s Cave Creek Corral is located at 6895 E. Cave Creek Roadin Cave Creek. For more information, visit www.haroldscorral.com or call (480) 488-1906.

MEL BLOUNT GOLF TOURNAMENT

JOIN the HAROLD’S NEWSLETTER, for the latest Specials & Upcoming Events.

Visit our Steelers Page for the latest News, Photos & Videos
View Harold’s Super Bowl Party (Channel 12 Interview)
Edit this entry.

Copyright 2011 Harolds Corral. Powered by Godaddy - Designed by Michael Brown.
getyourbeardon#99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:14 PM   #6
fu2utoo
Water Boy

Member Number: 17242

My wife and I are staying near the stadium and Springhill Suites!

Joe
fu2utoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:25 PM   #7
steelergirljul
Water Boy

Member Number: 19026

My friend and I will be driving there tomorrow (sat), staying close to stadium. Want to try to go to Harold's(Heinz field west) on sat afternoon, then to westgate center sat night. Hope to see you tailgating Sunday, we will be in the gray section.
steelergirljul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:08 PM   #8
blueduck_23
Water Boy

Member Number: 19029

Hey all,

My boyfriend and I are coming in from San Diego for the game. We have a room close to the stadium and we are planning to tailgate the day of. We'll be in E before the game. We will be up for going out the night before but thinking it won't be to Harold's Corral. Any takers on hitting up a place near the hotels saturday night? It's just two of us in a car...anyone doing a fun grilling tailgating thing??

Thanks,
T
blueduck_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:12 PM   #9
steelergirljul
Water Boy

Member Number: 19026

Hey blueduck, we get in from. Los Angeles on. Sat afternoon, love to go out in westgate sat night, let me know. Its my friend and I. Go Steelers
steelergirljul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:06 AM   #10
blueduck_23
Water Boy

Member Number: 19029

@ steelergirljul...yep we will get in late afternoon. Not familiar with the area but it sounds like Westgate isn't too far from Stadium area? Any suggestions on a good place to go in that area?
blueduck_23 is offline   Reply With Quote