Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 06-12-2006, 10:12 PM   #1
Stillers#1
Banned

Member Number: 1082
Default Where do we go from here?

I know this is probably a bit early, and I am not trying to be cold-hearted at all, but what do we do now as far as out quarterback situation. I don't really see Ben being ready until the 3rd week of the season. With his jaw being wired for 5-7 weeks, he is going to lose all kind of weight. I'm not even taking into consideration the mental hurdles he his going to be facing. Being the same age as Ben, I know I would have a hard time after losing teeth, and breaking my nose, he is going to look a bit different.

I guess since we won't hear anything new about this until tomorrow, I would rather specualte with you guys about what the Steelers will do. I can see Batch as a starter (he got the Lions into playoffs didn't he, or am I way off on this one). After that we have Omar Jacobs and Rob Rutherford on the depth chart. Does anyone know anyting I don't? Your guys' thoughts are appreciated.

Get well BEN.
Stillers#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:15 PM   #2
steelerfan12
Water Boy

Member Number: 2417
Default Re: Where do we go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillers#1
I know this is probably a bit early, and I am not trying to be cold-hearted at all, but what do we do now as far as out quarterback situation. I don't really see Ben being ready until the 3rd week of the season. With his jaw being wired for 5-7 weeks, he is going to lose all kind of weight. I'm not even taking into consideration the mental hurdles he his going to be facing. Being the same age as Ben, I know I would have a hard time after losing teeth, and breaking my nose, he is going to look a bit different.

I guess since we won't hear anything new about this until tomorrow, I would rather specualte with you guys about what the Steelers will do. I can see Batch as a starter (he got the Lions into playoffs didn't he, or am I way off on this one). After that we have Omar Jacobs and Rob Rutherford on the depth chart. Does anyone know anyting I don't? Your guys' thoughts are appreciated.

Get well BEN.
we would prob. start with batch because he is pretty good! i just hope ben recovers quickly because obviously he is a great QB and a good man at heart. omar jacobs wouldnt start because he is still fighting to get on the roster. if he did make the roster they would only play him in the pre season or is ben and batch were out!
Old 06-12-2006, 11:38 PM   #3
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Ive been reading up about it all over the net, and getting all the info I could. Most recent updates are that the team will not try to go after any of his contract money for not being able to play right now, mainly becuase it looks like he'll be ready to play at some point in mid training camp and preseason. He'll be able to do light drills and walk throughs till then atleast. He'll be able to attend meetings and still work out just not at the usual pace you'd like from your starting QB getting ready for the season.

If need be, Batch will be the man to help us through till Ben is back. I have all the confidence in Charlie to hold down the fort till our starter is ready to go.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:54 AM   #4
Stillers#1
Banned

Member Number: 1082

I just hope he will be ready to go, this is a pretty big deal, I have no doubts he will bounce back physically, but mentally I am worried.
Stillers#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:56 AM   #5
Ohio Steeler
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2142

Quote:
I just hope he will be ready to go, this is a pretty big deal, I have no doubts he will bounce back physically, but mentally I am worried.

so do I and the rest of steeler nation, however I dont want him to rush coming back he and the steelers butter make sure he is ready...
Old 06-13-2006, 07:13 AM   #6
section514
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1401

Mike and Mike in the morning made a comment about maybe getting Kerry Collins...not too sure how I feel about that
section514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 07:37 AM   #7
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268

Ben will be fine and we dont need him game one to beat the fins any how

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:24 AM   #8
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
My feelings are the total opposite. Mentally, the kid is tough. His physical injuries (knees in particular) are what concern me.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:28 AM   #9
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

I heard 6-8 weeks, minimum, but that if his jaw seperated, and they had to put plates in, he's out for 6 months minimum.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:38 AM   #10
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
I heard 6-8 weeks, minimum, but that if his jaw seperated, and they had to put plates in, he's out for 6 months minimum.
If that is the case, I can live with that for sure.