Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #1
Polamalu43Defense!
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1897
Default Steelers-Patriots...You guys ready??

I was studying for my online psyche exam (aka watching old Steelers highlights on youtube) and found this!!!

I know it's forever ago, but if my memory does me justice, (which coincidentally is what my psyche chapter is about!) we beat dem' PatCheats around Halloween in 04'. Coincidence?? Maybe. Let's just say I'm more pumped for this game this Sunday than any other year we had to play Brady and the bunch in the years past. (Excluding 08' of course when we beat Cassle)

Why you ask? Because this Sunday is about a statement. A statement for this years outcome. Not only a statement, but also some payback as how the Patriots mopped the floor with us on national television last season and got away with it by not meeting us back in the playoffs later. I truly believe Roethlisberger can beat Brady. I mean, he did it with 5 games in as a starter for Gods sake, and that's what this video has to remind us right now!! Idk...probably just random ramblings. What do you guys all think? Thoughts???
Old 10-27-2011, 06:43 PM   #2
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts
Default Re: Steelers-Patriots...You guys ready??

I think we have a great chance to beat the Patsies!

The offense is starting to jell (finally) but more importantly we're able to "fix" ourselves when things go sideways.
Two weeks ago we almost let Jax slip by but we managed to hold it together. But last week against Arizona, we started to let them back in in the 3rd quarter but we righted the ship and took care of business and THAT'S what's encouraging.

I think that Arians/Tomlin have figured out that rather than trying to base a game plan on who should be ready to play offensively, they're realizing that they have to plan for who's actually healthy and I think they're making subtle adjustments to allow for that instead of saying, "Here, run this play." regardless of whether or not the bodies on the field can actually pull it off.

Maybe I'm just reading into things too much but I like to think I'm not and that we really are adjusting and compensating more effectively.

Also, in the last few games I've noticed that it isn't just Wallace and Miller as the designated receivers and that Sanders, Brown, Hines and even the backs are all part of the passing game.

Then there's Ben getting rid of the ball more quickly. I think that maybe he and even Arians may have been reluctant to do that because they both didn't want to become a "dink and dunk" offense but the quick release has actually had the opposite effect - that guys like Wallace and Brown are open more often and for longer distances.

I think this whole season has been both a learning experience as well as an eye-opener and I think that we're starting to look as if everyone is on the same page.

I hope we keep it up!
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:09 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,070 Times in 2,612 Posts

im lovin the positive vibes!

fans have been bemoaning this game here since the season began.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
Steeler4life1972
Banned

Member Number: 17121

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
im lovin the positive vibes!

fans have been bemoaning this game here since the season began.
im gonna go 31-30 steelers but that could be visa versa.
Steeler4life1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:18 PM   #5
Yehoodi
Water Boy

Member Number: 19054

it should be a great game . . . an yes a great statement game for the Steelers, would give them the tiebreaker against the Pats and put them in a tie with the Ravens atop the division with a home game against the Ravens coming up . . .

And yes you guys did beat us on Halloween 2004 . . .hopefully the Pats will be able to pull out a win . . . it gonna be a great game . . . with Indy down, and SD maybe not threatening, jets on their heels (and we'll see about teh bills), Sundays game will very likely be a important factor in the seeding if both of our teams have the good fortune to make the playoffs . . .

Good Luck . . .
Yehoodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:25 PM   #6
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,381 Times in 2,284 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

looking forward to it. this game should tell the world what the steelers are made of. a team that is 5-2 because of a soft scheule? or a contender.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #7
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

I'm seeing the Pats score first, perhaps twice, and Ben deciding early in the 2nd that he's taking over the play calling, with healthy doses of no-huddle throughout the rest of the game. We win in the end, 31-24.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:49 PM   #8
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,603 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
I'm seeing the Pats score first, perhaps twice, and Ben deciding early in the 2nd that he's taking over the play calling, with healthy doses of no-huddle throughout the rest of the game. We win in the end, 31-24.
So what your saying is arians sucks.

Thats the biggest worry for me. Arians and his predicable/telegraphing plays. It'll be like the cheats* know what they're doing before they do.

Been there done that.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:07 PM   #9
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

I think the Ravens game is more of a judgement of weather or not we are a contender, we traditionally lose to the pats and I won't worry too much about it unless we lose to the Ravens too. That being said, I think we will win this one! This is the best the DB's have played in a while and we are getting pressure again. Dallas held them to 17, we are a better defense and should do the same. LeBeau has stopped the cushion garbage and has to be pissed about Brady "whispering" to reporters about him, he needs to be aggressive and send the house. As of now the DB's are playing good enough to cover until the blitz gets there, and Brady as good as he normally is, is actually not good at all against the blitz. Our offense should dominate, I know it sounds strange to some because the pats are an all around good team, but that defense is HORRIBLE. If Ben get's time like he has been we might throw 400 on them for a change, hell he threw 375 on the Cards last week and they have a better defense. I wouldn't be surprised if we put up over 30 and they do less than 21. Again, Dallas held them to 17!! I hope these guys are as pumped as I am, I get an adrenaline rush just thinking about it. We can get this one. I'll be damned if a group of p#@%ies like the pats come in here and beat us in the 'burgh, screw that, let's go Steelers, knock somebody the f#ck out!!!!!!
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:42 PM   #10
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775

This game should come down to the Steelers offense. If the offense can generate consistent drives and score TDs, they got a shot at beating the Pats.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote