Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 10-28-2011, 02:05 PM   #11
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648
Default Re: are the steelers to stubborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
I heard a Lawrence Timmons interview claiming that the Steelers tend to go into the same gameplan as they did last year against New England.

And then my butthole puckered up.
Of course Timmons would divulge exactly what they're going to do.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:23 PM   #12
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,855 Times in 2,898 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post
Of course Timmons would divulge exactly what they're going to do.
he probably was talking about the offense. bruce arians always goes into every game with the same gameplan
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:37 PM   #13
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Timmons hopefully would not say what we are actually going to do, but if we use that game plan again then I would say we need to get a new D coordinator next year, I can't imagine LeBeau is that ignorant to replay that embarrassment last year. I don't read much into that "list" of qb's we lost to, brady continues to beat us, but peyton does not, eli doesn't even belong on that list that he has one game on, we beat Warner in the SB, we are 1-1 vs Rodgers, I just don't read much into it. All that said, changing the entire D gameplan is neccessary sometimes, the jets would have been watching the afc championship game at home if they didn't change their plan. Just because you change it to beat a team doesn't mean you have to play like that next game, but when a team mops the floor with you over and over, you don't keep doing the same thing.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:19 PM   #14
dcsteel5804
Team Captain

Member Number: 9373

My take on it is this:

I think we can do better. There are plays that the defense should have made last year against the Pats that we didn't ( I can't remember them specifically ). I think we have to play our best defensive game possible. No missed tackles, blown assignments, etc. If those things happen, Brady and Co. will exploit them.

I've heard alot of people saying we need to blitz Brady hard, and others saying we need to play coverage. I think its a mix of both. We need to keep them guessing what we're going to do, instead of the other way around. To do that, we need to stop the run. We need to make them be one dimensional. After they have to pass on every down, we can mix it up and keep them off balance.

However, the fact of the matter is, the Patriots are going to score some points. Period. I don't forsee a scenario where we hold them to 10 or even 17. That said, we need our Offense to put up atleast 4 TD's and maybe a couple filedgoals. I would also say that we need to win the turnover battle.

If and only those things happen will we win. If those things don't happen, we will definitely not win. Just my 2 cents.
dcsteel5804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:19 PM   #15
steelerjim58
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14701

With all of the rule changes, the offense of this NFL will turn more and more to the 4-5 wide concept. The best chance to at least slow it down will be a great pass rush. And it will have to come from the front four. IMO, the 3-4 d will be obsolete in a couple of years. A team will have to down linemen like Oakland and Tennessee who can get after the qb. And also an offense that can score 20+ points consistently. Just my thoughts.
steelerjim58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:36 PM   #16
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

I think the Steelers have already adjusted. They had a dominating run D last year. One of the best of all time, but they got beat regularly through the air and were middle of the pack against the pass. This year, they are #1 against the pass and middle of the road against the run. This is a passing league now and stopping the pass is paramount. They have adapted so far, but a huge test Sunday stands before them. We will know Sunday night.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #17
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
he probably was talking about the offense. bruce arians always goes into every game with the same gameplan
Right, like he did against the Titans, Jags,and then the Cards. Same ole shit from the CLC it's just
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:53 PM   #18
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post
Right, like he did against the Titans, Jags,and then the Cards. Same ole shit from the CLC it's just
2nd half against Jacksonville was the same game plan as always, and the Cards game wasn't far from it, the only game that Arians has actually called "well" was the Titans game.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:16 PM   #19
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
2nd half against Jacksonville was the same game plan as always, and the Cards game wasn't far from it, the only game that Arians has actually called "well" was the Titans game.

more blah blah blah

In the Titans game the defense was trying to take away the deeper stuff and Arians went after the underneath stuff. In the Jags game the defense did the exact opposite and the game plan reflected that. Nice try though. Now you can go back to your typical blah blah blah

Next you'll probably try," not on the 2nd drive of the 3rd quarter..."
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:18 PM   #20
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,855 Times in 2,898 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

heh, arians apologists. i guess you're content with mediocrity, others aren't
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote