Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2011, 09:22 PM   #21
theplatypus
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,948
Member Number: 3329
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: are the steelers to stubborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
heh, arians apologists. i guess you're content with mediocrity, others aren't
Not at all, just tired of the same old BS from the chicken little crew.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:28 PM   #22
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod
 
Fire Arians's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 10,694
Member Number: 16570
Thanks: 1,910
Thanked 7,403 Times in 3,088 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: are the steelers to stubborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post
Not at all, just tired of the same old BS from the chicken little crew.
what, the 90-95% of steelers fans who want bruce arians out of town? lol
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:57 AM   #23
steelbad@50
Draft Prospect
 
steelbad@50's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: atlanta, georgia
Posts: 149
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14816
Thanks: 10
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: are the steelers to stubborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
what, the 90-95% of steelers fans who want bruce arians out of town? lol
I'm not a big Arians fan either, some of his play calling at crucial points in the game have come into question numerous times when the outcome sucks. But its not as if they havent practiced those plays during the week. What i am trying to say its the players that execute those plays during the game, not Arians. Tomlin needs to get more involved with the offensive play calling, especially on crucial downs. It has been said on other threads RUN THE BALL. Makes sense to me because in order to beat the Pats keeping the ball away from Brady, controling the time of posession is what it may take to beat them. Of course we have to be successful in the run game which hasnt always been the case this season.
__________________
We don't buy NFL stars...........WE MAKE THEM!!!
steelbad@50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:23 AM   #24
theplatypus
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,948
Member Number: 3329
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: are the steelers to stubborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbad@50 View Post
I'm not a big Arians fan either, some of his play calling at crucial points in the game have come into question numerous times when the outcome sucks. But its not as if they havent practiced those plays during the week. What i am trying to say its the players that execute those plays during the game, not Arians. Tomlin needs to get more involved with the offensive play calling, especially on crucial downs. It has been said on other threads RUN THE BALL. Makes sense to me because in order to beat the Pats keeping the ball away from Brady, controling the time of posession is what it may take to beat them. Of course we have to be successful in the run game which hasnt always been the case this season.

Our problems have far more to do with consistent execution than the plays themselves. The chicken little crew complain about the bubble screens, but fail to acknowledge the missed blocks that consistently lead to them failing(Hines and Heath are frequently culpable). Similar situation in the running game, they bitch about Mendenhall or Arians calling a run, but swallow the whiffed blocks by the oline like they were some $2 hooker. Bitch about Arians calling deep routes, but don't acknowledge that the defense has 9-10 men on the LOS taking away the high percentage short routes. They also fail to accept that Ben gets greedy and frequently pumps or looks off open receivers underneath for long passes. They bitch about "veteran favoritism", but ignore the young ones missing blocks, hot reads, running the wrong routes...
I guess what I'm saying is the chicken little crew loves to complain about crap, but most of them don't have clue about what the **** they're looking at.

Last edited by theplatypus; 10-29-2011 at 12:03 PM.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:53 AM   #25
tanda10506
Team President
 
tanda10506's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Smoky Mountains, TN
Posts: 2,104
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17319
Thanks: 814
Thanked 367 Times in 206 Posts
Default Re: are the steelers to stubborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post
more blah blah blah

In the Titans game the defense was trying to take away the deeper stuff and Arians went after the underneath stuff. In the Jags game the defense did the exact opposite and the game plan reflected that. Nice try though. Now you can go back to your typical blah blah blah

Next you'll probably try," not on the 2nd drive of the 3rd quarter..."
No, next I just wont be a homer like you, the Texans game was horrible and we did not go for the short passes. So go on with your blind homer blah blah
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:57 AM   #26
theplatypus
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,948
Member Number: 3329
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: are the steelers to stubborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
No, next I just wont be a homer like you, the Texans game was horrible and we did not go for the short passes. So go on with your blind homer blah blah

Newsflash for you pal the topic at hand was Arians doesn't change his game plan and I gave examples to debunk that bullshit theory. Meanwhile you decide to go off in a total different direction and deflect. Nice try, but next time stick to the topic at hand.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:09 PM   #27
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter
 
Bayz101's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 8,130
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18856
Thanks: 1,854
Thanked 4,603 Times in 1,977 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: are the steelers to stubborn

I don't care for Arians much myself. When Ben get's the opportunity to audible and run the no huddle, we perform much better. I noticed last week Ben was calling an audible at the line, and the play resulted in a first down gain of 8+ yards.

Ben is a great quarterback, but his bag of tricks is being held by Arians. He has lobbied for the no-huddle, and didn't receive it. Hell, look at Ben's game winning Super Bowl drive in against the Cardinals...According to Arians himself, Ben called numerous plays himself during that drive.

Many of the plays Arians called weren't used for that drive. The Steelers Offensive Line trainer at that time reported him as saying "That's not my play" several times.

End Result: 6th Super Bowl ring.

[YOUTUBEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGR8AuBMtXI][/YOUTUBE]
__________________


"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:15 PM   #28
theplatypus
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,948
Member Number: 3329
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: are the steelers to stubborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
I don't care for Arians much myself. When Ben get's the opportunity to audible and run the no huddle, we perform much better. I noticed last week Ben was calling an audible at the line, and the play resulted in a first down gain of 8+ yards.

Ben is a great quarterback, but his bag of tricks is being held by Arians. He has lobbied for the no-huddle, and didn't receive it. Hell, look at Ben's game winning Super Bowl drive in against the Cardinals...According to Arians himself, Ben called numerous plays himself during that drive.

Many of the plays Arians called weren't used for that drive. The Steelers Offensive Line trainer at that time reported him as saying "That's not my play" several times.

End Result: 6th Super Bowl ring.

[YOUTUBEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGR8AuBMtXI][/YOUTUBE]
Good lord, the mythical unicorn that is the no huddle has been spotted again. How did that plan work out against GB?

When did "offensive line trainers" start designing or calling plays?
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:34 PM   #29
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,706
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 4,805
Thanked 4,378 Times in 2,078 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: are the steelers to stubborn

I'm glad I didn't miss this opportunity to represent "the chicken little crew"

Sorry, I forgot to make sure I knew every single position, scheme and situation before and after every snap on both sides of the ball.
__________________

Look into my eyes
SF Haters

Last edited by steelfury02; 10-30-2011 at 12:50 PM.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:44 PM   #30
Kanata-Steeler
Team President
 
Kanata-Steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,065
Member Number: 15552
Thanks: 176
Thanked 180 Times in 97 Posts
Default Re: are the steelers to stubborn

Too damn "STUBBORN" to lose !
:)
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts