Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-30-2011, 07:09 PM   #11
lipps83
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17725
Default Re: How about the secondary?

I think the addition of Carnell Lake to coach the dbacks has helped them improve.
lipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:09 PM   #12
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,077 Times in 568 Posts

This is the most exciting situation I can remember in a long time about the mix of youth and experience in the secondary. The score was nowhere near how dominating they were. If the Steelers continue to play like this and get healthy come playoff time, this shit is going to get very interesting. The offense is looking like a machine. Defense is adapting to the pass happy ***** league Goodell has turned it into and now the Steelers have adjusted in a very short amount of time with our key players being out. I can not wait until Harrison and Woodley are 100% towards the end of this, it is going to be awesome.

I just want to make up for the loss in February. If they can win it this coming year, I would truly forget about SB XLV. Let's bring home number 7 baby!!!
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:11 PM   #13
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
I think the addition of Carnell Lake to coach the dbacks has helped them improve.
I think so too. Good hire. I saw that we held Welker to 5 catches- 35 yards. That guy usually is a huge problem for our and any D and we pretty much made him a non-factor. And Gronkowski while he wasn't stifled- he had no where near the kind of game he had last year.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:13 PM   #14
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,946 Times in 1,910 Posts
My Mood: Fine

word - what we held Brady to under 200 yards and 17 points (7 which was a short field)

we've got something cooking here ladies and gents . . .

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:17 PM   #15
SteelCurtain0815
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15238

Our secondary was awesome today! Every time we play the Pats I dread when they get the ball because Brady would march up and down on us, but today was completely different. I was excited to see our secondary get back onto the field and prove to everyone what they're made of. William Gay is a changed player. It looks like he was studying Ike on how to cover. He's been very impressive the last few weeks. Lewis was lights out as well.
Wallace, Brown, and Sanders seemed open on every play. I don't about any of you, but I didn't miss Hines. I said at the beginning of the year that this could be the most dangerous group of WRs the Steelers have ever had, and I'm stickin to it.
Wallace, Brown, and Sanders= Young Money!
SteelCurtain0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:23 PM   #16
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Good game for all of them. I hate to say it, but Troy was probably the weakest DB, and he was good, too.

I think Doug and Wendy Whiner owe Gay an apology. I was reading lots of guarantees about how Brady was going to burn Gay all day. Didn't happen. Not even close.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:38 PM   #17
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,946 Times in 1,910 Posts
My Mood: Fine

I've been riding the fence all season but this is the kinda win I've been looking for to give me confidence in this team. Yup - I have redonkulous standards but that is what makes victories like this even sweeter for me.

Screw the glass half full - my glass is over-freakin-flowin with anything you pour me - WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I believe we are going to completely embarrass the Ravens - bring it purple slackers

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:52 PM   #18
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Wow! For everybody, including myself, that said we are the #1 pass defense because we've been playing bad QB's, this performance is proof that we are really #1! Not only have we been the best coming into this game at pass D, but we just shut down the #1 QB in the league, he had a short field and only scored 17 (10 really), with less than 200 yards. Great game, this secondary is the real deal! Eventually Polamalu is going to make some plays, a player that good won't be quite much longer. When you add that in, with statistically the best pass D in the league, and Harrison back rushing with Keisel and Woodley, that's a SB defense. I'd love to see a win against Baltimore next week, we can do it, they are going to want to use us as a rebound game, but this is a total different defense than week 1. The way Flacco is playing it could be a blow out, he will be on his "Back-o" often and throwing incompletions when he does get rid of the ball. Let's go!
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:58 PM   #19
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Good game for all of them. I hate to say it, but Troy was probably the weakest DB, and he was good, too.

I think Doug and Wendy Whiner owe Gay an apology. I was reading lots of guarantees about how Brady was going to burn Gay all day. Didn't happen. Not even close.

Troy got burned on that TD catch by Hernandez.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:04 PM   #20
SunshineMan21
Starter

Member Number: 9294

Extremely impressive!

Taylor shut down Welker all game, Lewis had several good plays, and Gay redeemed himself from last year. Even Allen played pretty well in his limited action. The only success NE had was isolating Gronkowski and using his size (hilarious play with Troy on Gronkowski's back).
SunshineMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote