Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 10-30-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,760 Times in 3,680 Posts
Default My gameball goes to the coaching staff

okay, i really dont have a ball, and if i did, im sure the coaching staff wouldnt actually get it, so forgive the hyperbole.

i guess it starts at the top with tomlin. i dont know if arians and lebeau approached him with a proposed switch to there schemes, or if he told them to try something new. either way, he is the man up top who signs off on everything.

lebeau allowed ike taylor to shut down wes welker on the inside and we saw plenty of man-to-man as opposed to the typical zone blitz.

extra special props to bruce arians. he remembered that heath miller was a high paid thread on the offensive side of the ball. when he found something working, he didnt abandon it to try and trick the opposition. he didnt stay pigeonholed to a certain gameplan or scheme. he out bradied brady.

for the 1st time in 2 years (since packers in 09) i felt we actually gameplanned against an opponents strengths and weaknesses on the offensive side of the ball.

it woulda actually taken more thought and effert to screw up how to attack the patriots defense. im glad arians kept it simple and didnt out think himself.

im glad lebeau proved he can outscheme the best of them despite missing so many critical components of his defense.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:03 PM   #2
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315
Default Re: My gameball goes to the coaching staff

I have to agree, the man to man coverage worked nicely. cant figure out why we dont do it more. I understand they have to adapt to certain defenses. All in all it was great execcution today. The whole team gets game ball!.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:32 PM   #3
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,832 Times in 2,893 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
I have to agree, the man to man coverage worked nicely. cant figure out why we dont do it more. I understand they have to adapt to certain defenses. All in all it was great execcution today. The whole team gets game ball!.
because burnt toast mcfadden can't cover man to man. now we have corners in there who can.
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:57 PM   #4
steelers33
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17599

At above our pass defense is very good and with Harrison possibly coming back and having time to get healthy, and Timmons returning to his natural position, our run defense could also get better. Backing this up is Woodley(hope he's healthy) is playing lights out and our D-line has seen some nice youth fresh legs in Hood, McLendon, and Heyward. So our front seven is looking good while our secondary is looking good. We know we have the coaching, and our offense is even seeing stability. So much talent on offense, with Max Starks being a much needed anchor on the o-line, while we have a tough elite quarterback.
steelers33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:29 AM   #5
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248

LeBeau's adjustment to Brady's offense was simply amazing to see. I'm glad guys like Lewis and Allen were able to stick to their guys in press man.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:49 AM   #6
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
LeBeau's adjustment to Brady's offense was simply amazing to see. I'm glad guys like Lewis and Allen were able to stick to their guys in press man.
The young faster guys stepped up really nice to see.

PRESS coverage is the key to beat Brady, Rodgers, and Breeze. You throw their timing patterns off and give a little bit more time for that rush to get to them. Put them on their ass a few times and they don't know how to handle it.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:27 AM   #7
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

This is the first game that Arians called perfect, he made the right calls and let Ben run the no huddle. LeBeau finally figured out how to beat them, and I don't think we will have a problem with them until they get a better D. Perfect game by the coaches, would have been a bigger win if we would have got 2 or 3 of those FG's in for TD's.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:03 PM   #8
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,832 Times in 2,893 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
yup. i think lebeau knew how to stop brady before, but we just didn't have the personnel to pull it off. now we do

really happy with these past 2 years we are finally getting our young players involved, that has been the difference maker. infuse the team with young talent who are hungry to prove themselves
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:24 PM   #9
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

I'd love to see this defense against the Pack in the super bowl again. See how these yong guys match up against receivers that are bigger , stronger and faster than the Patsies. I still think we would come out on top. Loved the physical play from our secondary yesterday.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:38 PM   #10
stiller39
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 4832

I agree Tony, Lebeau made ADJUSTMENTS that were needed to beat Belicheat and Mom Brady. I have actually read stiller fans say that Lebeau was not the great Defensive coach he is and showed this week. What do they got to say now. Same with Arians. Called a beautiful game plan using the strengths of his team. Way to Go. Tomlin's philosophy of expecting the same from the non starters is a real winner. Nice Mike.
stiller39 is offline   Reply With Quote