Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-30-2011, 11:11 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Gronkowski believes he had a TD

(Even after an getting their asses kicked you can always count on the Cheats to whine. - mesa)
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...es-he-had-a-td
Gronkowski believes he had a TD
October, 30, 2011
Oct 308:54PM ET

By Chris Forsberg

PITTSBURGH -- Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski is certain he was in the end zone when he hauled in a pass from Tom Brady with little more than four minutes remaining in Sunday's 25-17 loss to the Steelers at Heinz Field.

But Gronkowski also knows that, with the Patriots trailing by two scores and attempting to rally in the final minutes, the team couldn't afford to potentially risk a timeout in order to review the play. But while New England ultimately punched in the score, it took nearly 90 additional seconds to do such, costing the team valuable time that might have prevented the opportunity to come from behind.

"It's such a quick situation -- that was the call, we just have to move on," said Gronkowski. "We needed the timeouts, so you can’t even risk it. I mean, that's what the ref called, so we just moved on. We eventually scored, which is good, but, throughout whole game, we gotta play as a team better, we gotta execute better out there."

Charles LeClaire/US PresswireRob Gronkowski wasn't so emphatic when officials ruled his 4th-quarter grab short of the end zone.
"I thought about it, but there was no evidence to challenge it," head coach Bill Belichick said after the game. "I certainly couldn't see it from my angle and they replayed the play in the box. There was nothing to tell us."

Gronkowski was ruled short of the goal line on an 8-yard grab, setting up 3rd-and-1, and not only did Kevin Faulk get turned away on another short pass, but it took the Patriots nearly the entire play clock to get that play off. On fourth down, Gronkowski got held, giving New England a new set of downs. Finally, with 2:35 to play, Aaron Hernandez caught a 1-yard touchdown pass from Brady to pull the Patriots within six at 23-17.

Short on time, New England elected to go for an onside kick, and even though they eventually got the ball back with a final gasp, Brady was sacked leading to a safety that sealed Pittsburgh's triumph.

Did Brady think Gronkowski was in the end zone?

"It's not really up to me," said Brady. "I don’ know how it looked on TV."

Informed it was close, he smiled and considered how to properly phrase his opinion.

"I wish they’d have reviewed it," said Brady. "But they didn’t. We kept fighting until the end, like we always do."
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:42 AM   #2
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,056 Times in 557 Posts
Default Re: Gronkowski believes he had a TD

He did score. And the genius cost his team two more minutes by not challenging it. Oh well, sucks for him, hahahahahahahahaha
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:56 AM   #3
JCPsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 15542

yeah he did score. Not sure its whining. NFL is supposed to review every possible scoring play so not sure wtf the pats are supposed to do. Thank Godell for that.
JCPsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:12 AM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,982 Times in 3,025 Posts

them not reviewing it and saving more time cost us the opportunity to score another TD after we owned brady and scored a safety.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:16 AM   #5
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

He had the TD but it's their fault they didn't challenge it...
PhantomJB93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:20 AM   #6
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,248 Times in 522 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
He did score. And the genius cost his team two more minutes by not challenging it. Oh well, sucks for him, hahahahahahahahaha
You know, that may be true, but I blame Brady just as equally. It took him ATLEAST 10 long seconds to snap the ball on that next play. I don't know if he was waiting for the challenge flag but N.E's O took forever to lineup and snap the ball afterward. Clark's STICK on Faulk was impressive. Chewed some more time!
Old 10-31-2011, 02:39 AM   #7
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,056 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
You know, that may be true, but I blame Brady just as equally. It took him ATLEAST 10 long seconds to snap the ball on that next play. I don't know if he was waiting for the challenge flag but N.E's O took forever to lineup and snap the ball afterward. Clark's STICK on Faulk was impressive. Chewed some more time!
Tom Brady, their coach and their entire fan base can all eat shit and die for all I care. I can't stand that team or it's region. I'm a Laker fan so I have double hatred for the Northeast. Triple if you count BSPN the last decade which has turned into nothing more then a tabloid ***** network.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:15 AM   #8
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
He had the TD but it's their fault they didn't challenge it...
Exactly
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:20 AM   #9
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPsteelers View Post
yeah he did score. Not sure its whining. NFL is supposed to review every possible scoring play so not sure wtf the pats are supposed to do. Thank Godell for that.
The review is for scoring plays, so since it wasn't ruled a TD first ...no automatic review.

Looks good on the cheater for botching the review. Maybe he is starting to revert back to his old Cleveland browns days, LOL.
Rick5895 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:56 AM   #10
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678

I do believe the rule is: "The nfl will review ALL plays resulting in a TD." The ref never signaled TD, therefore it was on Belicheck to toss the red flag and challenge it. If he did its quite possible it would've been reviewed and over turned.

A non td with more than 2 mins to go, is not an automatic reviewable play. Bill didn't want to waste a time out in case he didn't get it. Bad move.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote