Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #1
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023
Default Absolutely brilliant using Heath so much early Sunday

For all the crap everyone gives Arians, he deserves all the credit in the world for the game plan Sunday. You know the Pats were geared towards stopping Wallace after all the big plays hes had this season, and Heath hasn't been overly involved. Excellent strategy going to him over and over on that first drive, NE was definitely not expecting that, it was the key to a great opening drive that really set the tone for the entire game.
LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: Absolutely brilliant using Heath so much early Sunday

Agreed, after that drive they focused more on Heat which helped Brown and Sanders.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #3
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,509 Times in 1,524 Posts

brilliant ? i bet you'd have thought i was brilliant just now when i used the can opener to open up my can of chicken noodle soup .... what's that ??? thats what a can opener is for ???
nuff said...

instead of ball washing the idiot for including his 5 million dollar TE in the game plan , ask yourself why it took him 8 weeks to remember heath is a pretty good receiver and can help this offense.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #4
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,042 Times in 2,583 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

almost brought a tear to my eye, arians finally found out that using heath miller in the passing game could help us win.... wow!
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:00 PM   #5
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
brilliant ? i bet you'd have thought i was brilliant just now when i used the can opener to open up my can of chicken noodle soup .... what's that ??? thats what a can opener is for ???
nuff said...

instead of ball washing the idiot for including his 5 million dollar TE in the game plan , ask yourself why it took him 8 weeks to remember heath is a pretty good receiver and can help this offense.
took more than 8 weeks.

this is another case when fans were right again.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #6
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
almost brought a tear to my eye, arians finally found out that using heath miller in the passing game could help us win.... wow!
do you actually think he is going to use him this sunday?
Old 11-01-2011, 01:09 PM   #7
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayingTheWoodley56 View Post
For all the crap everyone gives Arians, he deserves all the credit in the world for the game plan Sunday.
Nice try, but as you can see from the other responses here, maybe a bad idea to start this thread. That's a cardinal rule of this place: no credit to Arians at anytime for anything and generally all the blame for losses.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:13 PM   #8
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post
Nice try, but as you can see from the other responses here, maybe a bad idea to start this thread. That's a cardinal rule of this place: no credit to Arians at anytime for anything and generally all the blame for losses.
It's stupid. I am not even an Arians fan but sometimes the problem comes to guys flat out not executing. Arians deserves credit when he calls a good game and deserves criticism when he calls a bad one. Fair is fair as far as I am concerned.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #9
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
It's stupid. I am not even an Arians fan but sometimes the problem comes to guys flat out not executing. Arians deserves credit when he calls a good game and deserves criticism when he calls a bad one. Fair is fair as far as I am concerned.
I'm not crazy about him either, but it does get ridiculous. How much would you like to bet had Ben gotten smashed from the blindside by an unblocked defender on a play where Miller went out for a pass, Arians would be derided as an "idiot" for not keeping Miller at home to help block?
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #10
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
nuff said...

easy brother, just trying to have a discussion...regardless obviously heath should have been involved more to this point. either way, no one would ever expect him to be targeted 7-8 times on the first drive, you KNOW that caught the pats off guard big time and was the keys to that first drive that set us up for the rest of the game.

we have to lay off arians a little bit. sure i hate his playcalling sometimes just as much as anyone, the constant screens drive me crazy, his penchant for throwing an incompletion on first down and then running it ineffectively on second down, etc. etc...yes he did completely blow the final drive in the super bowl last year...but he can't be doing everything wrong, he's been to two super bowls as our OC and I think that the negativity surrounding him is at least a little overdone. he probably has a better idea than all of us about the players he coaches every day
LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote