Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 06-13-2006, 09:57 PM   #1
Indy_Steelers
Team Captain

Member Number: 1117
Thumbs up Saw this on www.bengals.com

This was posted on the June 12 on the Bengals website. The Ravens, Browns or Colts had nothing.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5292

Thinking of Big Ben
By GEOFF HOBSON
June 12, 2006
Posted: 3:30 p.m.

Quarterback Carson Palmer spoke for Bengaldom Monday when he heard that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had been injured in a morning motorcycle accident in Pittsburgh.

?I just want to say that my family?s thoughts and prayers go out to Ben and his family,? said Palmer in a statement released by the Bengals. ?We?re wishing him a speedy recovery, and I?m looking forward to competing against him this fall.?

Roethlisberger, in serious but stable condition, apparently suffered facial cuts when he flipped into the windshield of a car while not wearing a helmet. Various media outlets are reporting he was coherent before undergoing surgery for a broken jaw.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is reporting a broken jaw is a seven-week injury. The season opens in 12 weeks, and the Bengals go to Pittsburgh in 14 weeks for the Sept. 24 game. Palmer?s return from an injured knee sustained in the Wild Card loss to the Steelers is unknown.

The rivalry between the Bengals and Steelers is crystallized by their young quarterbacks. Palmer threw nearly twice as many touchdown passes (32-17) as Roethlisberger this past season and they finished 2-3 in NFL passing as the Bengals won the AFC North. But Roethlisberger lifted his postseason record to 5-1 in leading the Steelers to the Super Bowl title.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:59 PM   #2
Motley Nate
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 735
Default Re: Saw this on www.bengals.com

True competitors want to see their adversaries on the field and not in a hospital bed.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:00 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,099 Times in 4,593 Posts

i wouldnt expect nothing less from palmer.

tom brady, on the other hand had to question whether ben was speeding or acting careless, with his usual, holier than thou attitude
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:00 PM   #4
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Yea I read that Carson had said that. Real classy on Carson's part. I hope both Carson and Ben come back 100 percent soon. They are the future of the NFL from a QB standpoint.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:03 PM   #5
BBC
Team Captain

Member Number: 2109

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejoy71
This was posted on the June 12 on the Bengals website. The Ravens, Browns or Colts had nothing.
That's not entirely true:

Quote:
Reached Monday by USA TODAY, Winslow expressed sorrow for Roethlisberger. Winslow was chosen sixth overall in the 2004 draft, while Roethlisberger was selected 11th. They got to know each other during the draft process.

"It's unfortunate," he said. "I hate to see something like that happen to a friend. But it is what it is. Hopefully, he can bounce back strong like I will. You've got to learn your lesson, not to take risks. You can't put your career in jeopardy."
Here is what Andy Reid had to say:

Quote:
?I don't know the exact situation he's in but I hope he's OK,'' Reid said.

?That (kind of accident) can happen. It can happen to anybody, on a motorcycle or in a car. It's one of those risks that you take when you leave the building.

?Obviously you have to be careful. You try the best you can to look out for the other person. Gravel, sand and water, man. That's all the things that you keep your eye on.''
Tom Brady:

Quote:
BELMONT - If there?s anyone who can understand just how much Ben Roethlisberger has to lose as a Super Bowl champion quarterback, it?s the Patriots? Tom Brady.

Apprised yesterday at the team?s charity golf tournament at Belmont Country Club of the motorcycle accident that left Roethlisberger in a Pittsburgh hospital with a broken jaw and missing most of his teeth, among other things, Brady reacted with concern.

?Obviously, football is a distant second in his mind right now,? Brady said. ?Hopefully he?s OK, and I?m sure everybody out here feels the same.?
BBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:06 PM   #6
BBC
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
i wouldnt expect nothing less from palmer.

tom brady, on the other hand had to question whether ben was speeding or acting careless, with his usual, holier than thou attitude
Meh, here's the full quote that you are referring to:

"A lot of times you might think you?re kind of invincible as a person. You drive fast, or do things you probably shouldn?t be doing. I know guys who ride motorcycles and it?s scary stuff. I don?t know why that accident was caused but hopefully he?s OK.? "

Take it how you'd like.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:07 PM   #7
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

I just hope Ben finds a new hobby. I vote for stamp or coin collecting. I don't see much of chance of Ben being hurt doing that.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:10 PM   #8
Indy_Steelers
Team Captain

Hello BBC,

I am not saying that they have not said anything and I am not slamming them. I think right now fans and players are a NFL family. I just found it interesting and cool that the Bengals put it in their official website. Living in Indy I heard comments from Peyton Manning. So there are lots of well wishers, thank God, again I just found it cool.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:13 PM   #9
Indy_Steelers
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC
Meh, here's the full quote that you are referring to:

"A lot of times you might think you?re kind of invincible as a person. You drive fast, or do things you probably shouldn?t be doing. I know guys who ride motorcycles and it?s scary stuff. I don?t know why that accident was caused but hopefully he?s OK.? "

Take it how you'd like.
I agree because when I first heard the news about 1 hour after it happened that was my thought. (I don?t know why that accident was caused but hopefully he?s OK). I do not think he was slamming Ben.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:14 PM   #10
BBC
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejoy71
Hello BBC,

I am not saying that they have not said anything and I am not slamming them. I think right now fans and players are a NFL family. I just found it interesting and cool that the Bengals put it in their official website. Living in Indy I heard comments from Peyton Manning. So there are lots of well wishers, thank God, again I just found it cool.
That's a good point, very classy of the Bengals to put that up on their main site. They are the only team that I've seen do that (but I haven't exactly been looking). It is good to see that not only the Steelers are coming together to support Ben, but the entire NFL.