Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-04-2011, 10:21 PM   #1
Steelergeek69
Water Boy

Member Number: 19106
Default new poster! trip to heinz!!

hi ! first time poster but been reading post for a few years. Well after 25 years of working for Supervalu Inc.(albertsons stores) i have given two tickets to any sporting event! Well I might get some Steelers tickets,duh! but its on december 24 and if my boss can let me be off for 3 days.
Anyways being from the desert (palm springs,Ca) and going to a cold place, how cold is it in the burgh? December 24 1 pm game? is it snowing at that time? is it unbearable for outsiders?can u bring a throw?Being xmas eve is it less people in the stadium?
i hope many options on tickets mostly sections 500 thru 540. Im might get the seats on 531 AA, seems like a nice view to the city. So its a quick trip. Leaving on the 23 and returning on the 25th.
Also whats the best thing to do or see with just one day or half cuz mostly will beon that game day.

one more thing, on ticket seats is k closer than AA?i have choices of sections 507 p,524 k,531 aa,538 hh
Thanks

Last edited by Steelergeek69; 11-04-2011 at 10:38 PM. Reason: add more
Steelergeek69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:01 PM   #2
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,123 Times in 1,815 Posts
My Mood: Happy
Default Re: new poster! trip to heinz!!

It's Pittsburgh, so you'll definitely need to bundle up, but it shouldn't be unbearable. The stadium will be full, no doubt there. I believe Heinz has sold out every game it's ever hosted, dating back to Three Rivers Stadium. If your a Steelers fan, it's an oppourtuntiy of a lifetime. It'll be a good trip, and i'm sure you'll enjoy it. But remember to bundle up, as it'll probably be snowing.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:49 AM   #3
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,029 Times in 1,946 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Hope you make some great memories at Heinz. If you are wondering about tickets - you might want to check this site out to get a feel for what the views will be at every section

http://www.seathound.com/venue/heinz...seating-views/

A "K" row will be closer than "AA"

And yup - I went to the Dec 23 v. Panthers game last season at NIGHT - which was pretty cold - you're allowed a blanket so bring it if you think you might want it. Where a hat and gloves and maybe even something that will completely cover your face except the eyes - especially if you are high up - haven't experienced much wind myself though. Get some food in you (Primanti Bros sandwiches and maybe some Quaker Steak wings) and take a couple shots before you enter the stadium -that'll help!

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:51 AM   #4
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,123 Times in 1,815 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
Hope you make some great memories at Heinz. If you are wondering about tickets - you might want to check this site out to get a feel for what the views will be at every section

http://www.seathound.com/venue/heinz...seating-views/

A "K" row will be closer than "AA"

And yup - I went to the Dec 23 v. Panthers game last season at NIGHT - which was pretty cold - you're allowed a blanket so bring it if you think you might want it. Where a hat and gloves and maybe even something that will completely cover your face except the eyes - especially if you are high up - haven't experienced much wind myself though. Get some food in you (Primanti Bros sandwiches and maybe some Quaker Steak wings) and take a couple shots before you enter the stadium -that'll help!
Yeah just avoid taking too many shots. It'll help keep you warm, or it'll make you forget that it's cold. Either way you'll need a friend to carry you to your car :p

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:26 PM   #5
SteelMayhem29
Water Boy

Member Number: 19111

Its not that bad bundle up and your alright
SteelMayhem29 is offline   Reply With Quote