Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2011, 10:40 AM   #131
UF-Steeler
Draft Prospect
 
UF-Steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 114
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12845
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: We will see the ravens in the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
Geeze, you guys are really bitter; you must have really wanted this game.

Don't get me started on the gatorade dump, I cringed when I saw it. Act like you been there boys!

Also, can we come off the stupid Ray Lewis taunt. It doesn't upset anyone--he witnessed a murder at most, and Big Ben actually did get away with a violent crime by paying off his rape victim. So just come off it, seriously.

And lopsided? Are you forgetting the phantom hold on Torrey Smith that took 7 points off the board for us?
You know for a fact that he got away with a violent crime by paying off his rape victim? lol. That comment alone makes your credibility go out the window, include the fact that you're a Ravens fan and it makes you look trollish.

Grats on the win. It must be nice to see your team finally win a couple games against the Steelers. I guess that's all a Ravens fan can hope for because we all know they're not winning the Super Bowl.

Edit: We can whine, cry, and bitch all we want. We're fans of a team. We're not players. I don't see a rule that says we have to be good sports about every loss. Get over yourself and your shitty fan base.

Last edited by UF-Steeler; 11-08-2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Addition
UF-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:43 AM   #132
Opt2loc
Draft Prospect
 
Opt2loc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Baltimore,MD
Posts: 133
Gender: Male
Member Number: 19028
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: We will see the ravens in the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
Geeze, you guys are really bitter; you must have really wanted this game.

Don't get me started on the gatorade dump, I cringed when I saw it. Act like you been there boys!Also, can we come off the stupid Ray Lewis taunt. It doesn't upset anyone--he witnessed a murder at most, and Big Ben actually did get away with a violent crime by paying off his rape victim. So just come off it, seriously.

And lopsided? Are you forgetting the phantom hold on Torrey Smith that took 7 points off the board for us?
I thought the gator dump was hilarious as well as a little goofy. Give them a break.
Harbaugh has never swept the squeelers before. It made it more exciting (for me anyway) to sweep them in that way in their backyard. They just rubbed it in a little.
Opt2loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:12 AM   #133
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,392
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 4,056
Thanked 3,808 Times in 1,830 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: We will see the ravens in the playoffs

can you please change your avatar - it makes me very uncomfortable
__________________

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:12 AM   #134
GMU Steeler
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,936
Member Number: 16173
Thanks: 43
Thanked 747 Times in 414 Posts
Default Re: We will see the ravens in the playoffs

The gatorade dump doesn't bother me but I do think it's funny that the Ravens felt the need to celebrate like they won the Super Bowl or conference or even the division. It was week 9. They earned the win and I won't deny them that but it was I feel tacky but hey keep on celebrating because this season is far from over.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #135
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,687
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,756
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: We will see the ravens in the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
That's fine, mutual respect from steelers fans isn't exactly on my bucket list. I joined in response to some of the ridiculous comments on this board following the game, not to gloat. Just wanted to give a reality check: refs are bad for both sides in almost every game, there will be helmet to helmet on both sides almost every game (between the two of us anyway), and we had offensive weapons on the sideline just like you had defensive weapons out. So stop whining and making excuses. Just say "we lost, but we will see you again in the playoffs".
Man...I hope you say this same bullshit on the Ravens boards as well after they lose a game. I for one am not stupid enough to join a Ravens board after they lose to us just to counter their whining. The two I lurk at also ban people quick as hell for that too....so, take that for what it's worth.

It's just, what the hell do you expect? We're fans, we're frustrated, we're bitching. Get over it. Most of us have given out our congrats to some of the fans here and now we're bitching. This is not something new to sports message boards at all.

I don't care about getting respect from you. I just think it's hilarious the wave of Ravens fans that we've had join the past couple of days who wouldn't even think to join had they lost. Whatever though...it'll make the next win that much sweeter.
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #136
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter
 
StainlessStill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,498
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12999
Thanks: 484
Thanked 1,248 Times in 522 Posts
Default Re: We will see the ravens in the playoffs

Quote:
Just say "we lost, but we will see you again in the playoffs".
I can't even count the number of posts where I, or anyone one else, said "Congrats on the win, see you in the playoffs." You've got to be a real BONEHEAD not to expect a backlash after a loss like that, especially the way the officiating was called on both sides of the coin since you Ratbird fans from ALL over the forums always claim the refs are out to win it for the Steelers at every game! This is nothing new, this is football-loss 101. The fanbase collides with each other after a loss like that and emotion and anger will get in the way of looking at missed opportunities. You and the rest of your cronies coming here after to stir the pot even further are nothing but hypocrites. In fact, Ravens fans are the WORST after a loss, believe it or not, is a worse war-zone than ANYTHING you'd ever see in here. Steelers fans wouldn't last a mere 2 seconds on your boards if we pulled the bullshit you are doing here. FACT.

Even one of your own resides here, named booby jr. You should SEE his antics he pulled on these boards. Funny thing is, is that I admired that last drive. It was a game for the ages (when isn't it?) but don't act like you wouldn't have something to say if Tomlin was splashed with Gatorade on the sidelines, Super Bowl style if we would have won. Your boards would be FUELED and riveted and would be the first to erupt. Keep talking after a victory and keep acting like you're so shocked to see backlash. Because I know you're so civil and so lovey dovey after a loss, right? Like I said, GTFO until we meet again. Sick of you thinking you have the right to make an account on our turf just because you had to defend your team after a win. GO ON YOUR OWN STANK PLAYGROUND from here on out to do that.

Oh yah, congrats on the win. Going to be a fun ride kicking your ass in the playoffs and eliminating you for the FOURTH time in the past 10 years and it doesn't matter where it's at. CAN'T WAIT.
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the one's who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!" -Jack Lambert
StainlessStill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:55 PM   #137
Opt2loc
Draft Prospect
 
Opt2loc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Baltimore,MD
Posts: 133
Gender: Male
Member Number: 19028
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: We will see the ravens in the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
I can't even count the number of posts where I, or anyone one else, said "Congrats on the win, see you in the playoffs." You've got to be a real BONEHEAD not to expect a backlash after a loss like that, especially the way the officiating was called on both sides of the coin since you Ratbird fans from ALL over the forums always claim the refs are out to win it for the Steelers at every game! This is nothing new, this is football-loss 101. The fanbase collides with each other after a loss like that and emotion and anger will get in the way of looking at missed opportunities. You and the rest of your cronies coming here after to stir the pot even further are nothing but hypocrites. In fact, Ravens fans are the WORST after a loss, believe it or not, is a worse war-zone than ANYTHING you'd ever see in here. Steelers fans wouldn't last a mere 2 seconds on your boards if we pulled the bullshit you are doing here. FACT.

Even one of your own resides here, named booby jr. You should SEE his antics he pulled on these boards. Funny thing is, is that I admired that last drive. It was a game for the ages (when isn't it?) but don't act like you wouldn't have something to say if Tomlin was splashed with Gatorade on the sidelines, Super Bowl style if we would have won. Your boards would be FUELED and riveted and would be the first to erupt. Keep talking after a victory and keep acting like you're so shocked to see backlash. Because I know you're so civil and so lovey dovey after a loss, right? Like I said, GTFO until we meet again. Sick of you thinking you have the right to make an account on our turf just because you had to defend your team after a win. GO ON YOUR OWN STANK PLAYGROUND from here on out to do that.

Oh yah, congrats on the win. Going to be a fun ride kicking your ass in the playoffs and eliminating you for the FOURTH time in the past 10 years and it doesn't matter where it's at. CAN'T WAIT.
Of course we would, the squeelers have ruined our season enough times in the Harbaugh/Flacco era. It's nothing new for you. For once it was our turn and we topped it off with a little gatorade splash. So what.
Opt2loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:04 PM   #138
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter
 
StainlessStill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,498
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12999
Thanks: 484
Thanked 1,248 Times in 522 Posts
Default Re: We will see the ravens in the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt2loc View Post
Of course we would, the squeelers have ruined our season enough times in the Harbaugh/Flacco era. It's nothing new for you. For once it was our turn and we topped it off with a little gatorade splash. So what.
It was your turn? Exactly the mentality we're talking about. Makes you second rate POSERS at best. Lack of professionalism. What exactly was your turn and what exactly was won Week 9 of the regular season? That wasn't even for the division championship. I can see it being dumped if it was significant enough of a division crown, a first or second seed or even a playoff birth but it was neither. There's 7 games left to be played and the standing read 6-2, 6-2, 6-3. Nothing is won. Nothing. True, we dumped Gatorade on Tomlin.....in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP!
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the one's who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!" -Jack Lambert
StainlessStill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #139
Opt2loc
Draft Prospect
 
Opt2loc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Baltimore,MD
Posts: 133
Gender: Male
Member Number: 19028
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: We will see the ravens in the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
It was your turn? Exactly the mentality we're talking about. Makes you second rate POSERS at best. Lack of professionalism. What exactly was your turn and what exactly was won Week 9 of the regular season? That wasn't even for the division championship. I can see it being dumped if it was significant enough of a division crown, a first or second seed or even a playoff birth but it was neither. There's 7 games left to be played and the standing read 6-2, 6-2, 6-3. Nothing is won. Nothing. True, we dumped Gatorade on Tomlin.....in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP!
I loved reading how so important this game was to you guys till the squeelers lost. Now it's,
this was just another game the squeelers needed to win,

Yes, it was our turn and we did it!!!! With Gatorade. We'll make sure we got plenty of if we see you in the playoffs. Dress warm.
Opt2loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:15 PM   #140
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter
 
StainlessStill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,498
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12999
Thanks: 484
Thanked 1,248 Times in 522 Posts
Default Re: We will see the ravens in the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt2loc View Post
I loved reading how so important this game was to you guys till the squeelers lost. Now it's,
this was just another game the squeelers needed to win,

Yes, it was our turn and we did it!!!! With Gatorade. We'll make sure we got plenty of if we see you in the playoffs. Dress warm.
Nice back-peddle! Tell me, is the division won?
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the one's who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!" -Jack Lambert
StainlessStill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts