Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-25-2005, 08:23 AM   #1
AllAmericanSteelerGirl#7
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 340
Unhappy Chance of NO 2005 NFL Season?????

I was watching PTI yesterday, (its a sport show on ESPN) and they mentioned that there is a chance of NO 2005 SEASON!! The NFL apparently cannot or is in the process of trying to get a deal made, but the manager said, there is a chance that it will not be done at the process they are going. I don't want the NFL to end up like the NHL! I mean one of two things can come out of cancelling the season.....1) Since football is the most popular sport in the U.S., when football does come back, people are either going to not care as much as they do now about football or...2) Care even more about football because they missed it! I don't want people to stop caring about football especially the city of Pittsburgh because that is one of the things that I love about this city, fans are so proud of this city and our Steelers and I never want to see that go away. Especially being the most dedicated fans in all of the NFL! I don't know about you, but I am proud to say I am a Steeler fan, supporting the best team in the world and I feel really passionate about that. (Thats why my signature is up!) But if this season gets cancelled, I am afraid of what COULD happen! Let me know what you think!

~AllAmer~

Last edited by AllAmericanSteelerGirl#7; 05-25-2005 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Typo
AllAmericanSteelerGirl#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 09:10 AM   #2
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: Chance of NO 2005 NFL Season?????

The bargaining agreement and meetings about revenue sharing are all to help head off any possible season problems when it expires at the end of the 2006 season. I have no idea why they would mention 2005 season, since the contract is still inplace and firm at this point. They probably just got their dates wrong... if this were a real issue potentially for this season, it would be all over the headlines I would imagine.

Lets just keep our fingers crossed that the meetings they are doing now will help resolve the problem w/ revenue sharing, which is a big stumbling block now.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 10:15 AM   #3
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

Blitz, I agree, if this was about this year...we would be hearing all kinds of stuff about it. I really hope the meetings about revenue sharing work out though...I dont' know what I would do with out football. I am having a hard enough time just waiting out the off season!!! And AllAmerican...I too, am glad to let the world know I bleed Black & Gold and will til' I die!!!
Old 05-25-2005, 11:12 AM   #4
SteelersWyo
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 66

Not to worry. The TV contracts from all the networks and Sunday ticket are worth over a billion dollars a year. Nothing will be done to mess with that. When the last strike in the 80s occured the NFL was the #2 or #3 sport in revenue. Not now! The deal will get worked out. The league can't make money if everyone is sitting on their butts.
SteelersWyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 11:30 AM   #5
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

Good point...there is too much money involved now. The deal will ahve to get worked out!!!
Old 05-25-2005, 12:36 PM   #6
steelersgirl86
Starter

Member Number: 331

I am sure it will all get worked out. I think I can speak for everyone here in saying that we would all be lost without our Football.....Yes....I am proud to be a Steelers fan...I was born a steelers fan and will die a steelers fan......I sport my steelers gear all year round here in ohio....
Old 05-25-2005, 12:40 PM   #7
Avoid LLoyd1975
Starter

Member Number: 376

I would probably straight up die if there was no season. My thinking is that its almost June which means its nearly July which means it is getting closer to August which entails the start of preseaon which means the molding of another super bowl run. The waiting process is to damn long.
Avoid LLoyd1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 04:31 PM   #8
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Bring on the games! tv WILL ALWAYS PAY UP IN THE END. I will say though PTI is a great show.