Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 06-15-2006, 10:44 AM   #1
siss
Team Captain

Member Number: 1611
Default The Mental thing

One thing that I have been worried about that is does he really think he invinsible. A lot of people have said that you feel invisible at 24, I've even heard Ben say that he feels invisible sometimes. So with this accident and the fact that he is getting off VERY lucky, is it possible that he may even be more of a risk taker after this because now he thinks he can do what ever he wants and not get hurt or get away with only some bumps and bruses. Or do you think he has enough of a brain and a little common sence and he won't ride again or at the very least with a helmet?

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~
siss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:50 AM   #2
Ohio Steeler
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2142
Default Re: The Mental thing

its hard to say siss everyone responds different when something bad happens to them like what happened to Big Ben, as for him an the Bike I am sure the Steelers will be adding something in his Contract that he will not be allowed to ride unles he has a helment on or they mite just say he cant ride at all...
Old 06-15-2006, 11:17 AM   #3
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

I think Ben understands just how close he came to dying on monday. You have to figure that if he didnt hit the windshild with his face and he hit part of the metal on the car he would not have been so lucky.

I dont know f he will stop riding a bike and i dont think he should have to stop but i know it would make me think twice
Old 06-15-2006, 11:37 AM   #4
STEEL-MAN
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 391

Quote:
One thing that I have been worried about that is does he really think he invinsible. A lot of people have said that you feel invisible at 24, I've even heard Ben say that he feels invisible sometimes. So with this accident and the fact that he is getting off VERY lucky, is it possible that he may even be more of a risk taker after this because now he thinks he can do what ever he wants and not get hurt or get away with only some bumps and bruses. Or do you think he has enough of a brain and a little common sence and he won't ride again or at the very least with a helmet?

I felt that way, though life has a way of showing us our mortality. In Ben's case the light bulb just gone off! He'll be fine!
STEEL-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:59 AM   #5
Steelers
Starter

Member Number: 2373

"A lot of people have said that you feel invisible at 24, I've even heard Ben say that he feels invisible sometimes."

If I felt invisible, I'd walk around naked.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:52 PM   #6
blackngoldbaby
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1631

i think hell learn from this and i think hell wear a helmet next time i mean common scence i know he feels invincible but i think after this hes learned a lesson but i hope he never rides again until hes retired but...... if he does im sure hell wear a helmet.
blackngoldbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:13 PM   #7
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

I hope he doesn't ride again (until he is no longer a football player) and I think the Steelers will put a no-riding clause in his next contract (and if he signs with another team,which i doubt,they'll have the same clause).

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:21 PM   #8
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

I believe based on his statements he released, he pretty much knows whats at stake now. It's still OK for him to believe he is invincilbe on the football field though. He's a tough cookie and I believe mentally he should be fine.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:31 PM   #9
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

he's going to keep riding. didnt he say in his press statement he's going to wear a helmet for now on
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:57 PM   #10
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Ben is young, headstrong and threw caution to the wind as I think most of us did at his age. From reading his statement, the accident was obviously a life changing experience for him which I think will only make him mentally stronger, even tougher and more determined to return to his stature before the accident.
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote