Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-07-2011, 01:21 PM   #11
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128
Default Re: Bright Spot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
Brown is MY bright spot.

I see a guy who wants the ball and who has also become quite the route-runner.

Bright spot 1A is the receiver corps in general.
A very competitive group who ALL want the glory and are ALL trying to make the plays to get it. Not like Plex who made plays when he felt like it.

I think Hines is responsible for that because he takes the time to teach and his "students" listen as well as emulate his work ethic.

So as losses go, it was tough but I see so many good things evolving that it's not as bad as it could have been.
Since we are all steeler fans here; i saw alot of bright spots. We put up almost 400 yards of total offence against the number 1 rank defence!! suggs was cleaned up by starks!! The o line gave ben lots of time!! Honestly looking at our schedule; i think we will be ok!! This is going to be one pissed off team on sunday!!
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:42 PM   #12
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Ben would have been a bright spot if he hadn't thrown that ignorant interception on the stupidest play call of the game, that he called. Brown was a bright spot as was Harrison, pretty good for his first game back. Foote actually played well and the run defense was pretty good. Max Starks was a huge difference from game 1, if Ben hadn't thrown it straight to Suggs, Suggs wouldn't have been mentioned last night. Starks tends to do a good job against him, as mentioned in another post, Suggs doesn't have those big games unless he's against horrible players like Jonathan Scott. This is the best O line we've had in a while.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:13 PM   #13
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Anybody else smell that rank of bad breath when Suggs grabbed the camera? I almost immediately thought I saw some hay hanging from those gums.
Kinda makes ya wonder why the camera was hanging all over him the whole game. I have never seen them hold a camera that long on the opposite teams bench.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:50 PM   #14
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

we lost a heart-breaker to the Jets last year while battling through some tough injuries.. this loss was worse, but we're gonna have to just accept it and move on.. hopefully they can bounce back this week in Cincy.. they pretty much need to. the Jets, Bills and Patriots are all 5-3, and each have to play one another one more time. that will help our wild card chances with them canceling each other out.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:05 PM   #15
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
we lost a heart-breaker to the Jets last year while battling through some tough injuries.. this loss was worse, but we're gonna have to just accept it and move on.. hopefully they can bounce back this week in Cincy.. they pretty much need to. the Jets, Bills and Patriots are all 5-3, and each have to play one another one more time. that will help our wild card chances with them canceling each other out.
Can 3 teams from one division make the playoffs? I know the division winner and one wild card can go, but can 3? We got 3 good teams in our division too, luckily I don't the the Titans or the Chiefs/Raiders will have a contending record by the last few weeks. Injuries definetly hurt us but this loss could be backbreaking. We know we can beat the Ravens now though, I'm less worried about the Jets and Bills, and we know we can beat the Pats now. This team can either step up and run the table like in '05 or it can go the way of '09: playing down to opponents, losing easy games, not playing with heart, etc. These next few games are HUGE, especially the Bengals.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote