Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-07-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
Bill Cowher's Jaw
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18472
Default Ben's INT

That quick pass has been begging to be picked off for like two years now. It rarely garners a positive gain. They gotta lose that play. It may be a check at the line by him. But whatever it is, it's a waste of a down, or in this case, a possession.

Edit: Actually now that I think of it, the Titans picked off a similar pass too this year.
Bill Cowher's Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #2
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: Ben's INT

Stupidest play we run, period. A QB kneel or spiking the ball would work just as good and not risk an interception.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #3
steelerjim58
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14701

Not just because of last night, but I agree, I hate that play. I would like to see that stats on what that play gains each time it is run. I have got to believe the majority of the time it gets 0-4 yards at best. thuggs played it like he had been in the huddle.
steelerjim58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerjim58 View Post
Not just because of last night, but I agree, I hate that play. I would like to see that stats on what that play gains each time it is run. I have got to believe the majority of the time it gets 0-4 yards at best. thuggs played it like he had been in the huddle.
He didn't have to be in the huddle, they play us enough times to know the kind of formations we run that garbage play out of. Excluding plays that are ran once or twice, that play is the worst play called in Steelers history. Puke!
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:50 PM   #5
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,474 Times in 605 Posts

Worst play in our playbook. Sadly, we run it the most! How many times are we NOT on the same page with that suck of a play? Earlier in the game, Ben tried it with Mewelde. BADLY thrown ball behind him that resulted in a dangerous pass and fell incomplete. Couple weeks ago, we tried it like twice, one to Hines out of his reach and another where Ben tried to lead Brown to no avail. Take that suck of a play out of this playbook, it costs us every game at some juncture.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #6
NoFieldFive
Starter

Member Number: 10965

what can the coaches be thinking when they look at game film......are they saying, 'wow, we ran that play 4 times and gained a total of 2 yards. let's run it five times next game'.

like Kemo's fine the other week...hopefully that stupid INT makes them think twice
NoFieldFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,434 Times in 3,552 Posts

they werent in a huddle. that was a no huddle call made by ben. he isnt always right when he takes over play calling from bruce. suggs said in post game presser, ben telegraphed the play call to wallace and he simply read it and jumped. that shit happens.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #8
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,288 Times in 572 Posts

Agree it was a dumb call, a dumb play and never should have happened, but that's not what lost the game.

We had them pinned with a 1st and 93 from their own 7 with a shade over 2 minutes left and we let them score.

THAT is what lost the game.
FanSince72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #9
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

Honestly, I blame this playcall almost as much as I blame the defense for the loss. I don't care who called it, Tomlin, Arians, Ben in the huddle, it NEVER should have been called. It hasn't worked all year and it wasn't the first time we had tried the bubble screen in that particular game either. We had some nice momentum, we were driving it down their throats and were ready to score, and we absolutely KILLED ourselves with it. If we don't call that sorry excuse of a play it's a whole different ballgame.
PhantomJB93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:17 PM   #10
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,288 Times in 572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Honestly, I blame this playcall almost as much as I blame the defense for the loss. I don't care who called it, Tomlin, Arians, Ben in the huddle, it NEVER should have been called. It hasn't worked all year and it wasn't the first time we had tried the bubble screen in that particular game either. We had some nice momentum, we were driving it down their throats and were ready to score, and we absolutely KILLED ourselves with it. If we don't call that sorry excuse of a play it's a whole different ballgame.

No argument here - that bubble screen is real easy to get lazy with and I too have never seen it as much of a yardage play, but still... the pick hurt but it wasn't the kill shot for us.

Think about it: Ben threw just as lazy a pass last week to a Pats player who wasn't within five yards of any of our guys and we survived that.

Sorry, but this one's on the "D".
1st and 93 with 2 minutes to play should be game over.
FanSince72 is online now   Reply With Quote