Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-01-2011, 04:31 PM   #101
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142
Default Re: Hate that Ravens fans have for the Steelers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
I think you're going down a slippery slope. Let's suppose she was assaulted, and then went to his party a week later. It might be stupid (and college kids can be pretty freaking stupid) but there's no law against stupid. There is a law against assault, and for some weird reason with rape (and pretty much only with rape and related crimes against women) the conversation always turns to what was the woman doing, thinking, wearing, whatever. That's centuries, millennia of machismo bred and beaten into us popping out.

If I got the shit kicked out of me walking to work, no one asks what I was wearing, why I decided to walk that route, if I'm a gold-digger for pressing charges, etc. And if I get the shit kicked out of me a week later walking to work, I might get called snakebitten or cursed, or the cops might start looking into gang activity, or who knows what, but no one calls me stupid or claims I'm asking for it.

People need to check themselves, I guess is what I'm saying.
I had essentially the same thing typed up, but switched out my example a little bit. Agree 100%
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:38 PM   #102
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
People need to check themselves, I guess is what I'm saying. Ben's not worth defending in these matters, and certainly neither is Ray Lewis.
Not defending him. I seriously questioned the veracity of that particular allegation at the time it was made, not to mention the timing of it, that's all. Still do.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:46 PM   #103
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
1. It is called a squeeze. Prosecutors knew he didn't do it, the charges were a way to get him to testify against his friends. There are several witnesses who say Lewis was acting as a peacemaker during the fight that led to the stabbings, and there was no evidence against him at all. Or do you think everyone who is indicted is guilty?

2. Ben is slimy because:

Bottom line: Ray got off because there wasn't any evidence against him, Ben got off because a cop at the scene called his most public victim "a drunk bitch". Unfortunately, in this country, being "a drunk bitch" means big sweaty fratboy jerkoffs can force themselves on you without any consequences.

Wow! I'm completely convinced now that Ben is a rapist! These pictures prove everything and it's open and shut! If the attorneys for these "victims" would have been smart enough or good enough to locate this smoking gun, then they would have assuredly secured charges and then a conviction against Ben for the crime of rape. It's all so clear to me now!

"Thank you", oh deft detective. You have done a great service for society today by finding the fool-proof evidence of Ben's guilt and we can only hope he will now be brought to justice for his heinous crimes. You should really consider a career change to federal prosecutor from your current job of sitting in your mommy's basement snacking on Cheetos and whacking off to Ray Lewis' Old Spice commercial.

[YOUTUBE]QYBz2befSfY[/YOUTUBE]

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:54 PM   #104
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,394 Times in 1,122 Posts

Quote:
So. Let's say you go to a party and your friend is really drunk, and he takes a swing at you. Do you never ever see that person again? No, you probably give them the benefit of the doubt, that they were just being a jerk because they were drunk. You don't expect that the next time you go to a party with them they are going hit you over the head with a beer bottle. So yes, I can see her "putting herself in the same situation" again, because that situation is a PARTY. You are trying to portray that as some bizarre behavior, but I don't see it. Maybe her friends begged her to come, maybe she was pressured, maybe she just wasn't expecting to have a hand forced up her skirt, you don't know, and neither do I.

Bottom line: you don't put yourself in a position to be assaulted, and going to someone's party twice is not a green light for them to put their hand up your skirt. So yes, I think she could reasonably assume that she could go to a party without being felt up by Ben Brosephburger.

SCMom, I agree that times have changed and there is no way to say she isn't crying wolf. But I won't agree with this guy that she is lying because she went to the party. To me that does not compute.
No, you are right. And I don't mean to assume that a woman holds all the onus in a situation like this. As Ric pointed out, stupid decision or not, being stupid doesn't mean it's ok to be assaulted.

Rape is a tough thing. I try to always look at it through objective eyes, from both perspectives.

On one hand, I can certainly see Ben being a complete douche and taking things too far (or even to a criminal level). On the other hand, I know the kind of "sue happy" society we live in, and I know that there are ignorant people out there trying to make a buck.

It's not a good situation at all. And it almost always comes down to he said/she said. It's hard as hell to prove and prosecute. But there are always two sides to every story, and honestly, the only people who know for sure what happened that night are Ben and the girl...and she dropped her charges.

Ben is most certainly an asshole...and has probably taken liberties with women. Whether those liberties are rape or not, I have no clue. But I'm not going to vilify the man without proof...or with media proof at best.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #105
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Please tell me that Old Spice commercial was directed by the guy that did Gentlemen Broncos. Everything would make sense then.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:54 AM   #106
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,618 Times in 759 Posts

Wow I can't believe how many idiots from opposing team's fanbases still bring up the sexual assault allegations. Probably still be bringing them up 10 years from now, because you've got nothing else to fall back on. I had a fellow member of Steeler Nation wearing a Roethlisberger jersey ask me at the Steelers - Chiefs game as we were leaving how many times I got called a "rapist" because I too was wearing a Roethlisberger jersey. I told him I hadn't been called it and he told me he got called it five seperate times. It just goes to show how absolutely ignorant some people are.

Read up on the details of the case bleedpurple. The first girl that accused Ben from Lake Tahoe is a nut case and her own friends dispute her story. The second accuser was following Ben around from bar to bar wearing a shirt that said "DTF" on it. I find it highly unlikely that Ben and his body guards just scooted her off to the bathroom where Ben raped her without her putting up a fight and resisting him and without someone hearing it and trying to help her. I also find it fishy that her family never decided to press charges. I think if my daughter came to me and told me some guy raped her in a bathroom i would be trying to press charges just to prove a point even if it didn't pan out.

Can't wait to watch your Ratbirds lose another game. I am sure they'll drop another one to a bad team that they should easily beat. They've done it before, and they can do it again.

Quote:
Ben is most certainly an asshole...and has probably taken liberties with women. Whether those liberties are rape or not, I have no clue. But I'm not going to vilify the man without proof...or with media proof at best.
How does going out and drinking and having fun make him an asshole? I guess I'm an asshole for having fun while i was in college. I would venture so far as to say he's obviously made poor choices by putting himself in a position for gold diggers to make false accusations but he's human just like the rest of us and has made mistakes that he's apologized for. The guy donates to local law enforcement so they can have police dogs. He's obviously got somewhat of a heart.

Dante Stallworth doesn't even get as much crap and he KILLED a person because he decided to drive a car while he was intoxicated.

Ray Lewis was actually CONVICTED of Obstruction after he admitted to issuing a false statement to authorites in regards to the murders of Richard Lollar and Jacinth Baker. He also paid out settlements to their families. He admitted he lied to help cover up the fact that his buddies murdered two guys .His bloody clothes mysteriously disappeared and Sweeting and Oakley were acquitted because Lewis paid for their defense. So bleedpurple if you want to call out Ben for non-convictions and allegations I'll call out Ray Ray for lying for pals to law enforcment, and paying for the defense of two people who should've been thrown to the wolves.

Last edited by IowaSteeler927; 12-06-2011 at 06:55 AM.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #107
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
Wow I can't believe how many idiots from opposing team's fanbases still bring up the sexual assault allegations. Probably still be bringing them up 10 years from now, because you've got nothing else to fall back on. I had a fellow member of Steeler Nation wearing a Roethlisberger jersey ask me at the Steelers - Chiefs game as we were leaving how many times I got called a "rapist" because I too was wearing a Roethlisberger jersey. I told him I hadn't been called it and he told me he got called it five seperate times. It just goes to show how absolutely ignorant some people are.

Read up on the details of the case bleedpurple. The first girl that accused Ben from Lake Tahoe is a nut case and her own friends dispute her story. The second accuser was following Ben around from bar to bar wearing a shirt that said "DTF" on it. I find it highly unlikely that Ben and his body guards just scooted her off to the bathroom where Ben raped her without her putting up a fight and resisting him and without someone hearing it and trying to help her. I also find it fishy that her family never decided to press charges. I think if my daughter came to me and told me some guy raped her in a bathroom i would be trying to press charges just to prove a point even if it didn't pan out.

Can't wait to watch your Ratbirds lose another game. I am sure they'll drop another one to a bad team that they should easily beat. They've done it before, and they can do it again.

How does going out and drinking and having fun make him an asshole? I guess I'm an asshole for having fun while i was in college. I would venture so far as to say he's obviously made poor choices by putting himself in a position for gold diggers to make false accusations but he's human just like the rest of us and has made mistakes that he's apologized for. The guy donates to local law enforcement so they can have police dogs. He's obviously got somewhat of a heart.

Dante Stallworth doesn't even get as much crap and he KILLED a person because he decided to drive a car while he was intoxicated.

Ray Lewis was actually CONVICTED of Obstruction after he admitted to issuing a false statement to authorites in regards to the murders of Richard Lollar and Jacinth Baker. He also paid out settlements to their families. He admitted he lied to help cover up the fact that his buddies murdered two guys .His bloody clothes mysteriously disappeared and Sweeting and Oakley were acquitted because Lewis paid for their defense. So bleedpurple if you want to call out Ben for non-convictions and allegations I'll call out Ray Ray for lying for pals to law enforcment, and paying for the defense of two people who should've been thrown to the wolves.
3. Accused 3 times. I don't care how big a **** you perceive the victims to be. No means no. Period. But this is covered ground, and I know that most people feel they need to make a character judgment before a woman can be considered a rape victim. I am just glad we don't take in to account how much a person deserves to be robbed or murdered. SMH.

Rape or not, if you get drunk and treat women the way Ben does (i.e. whipping your dick out at a party and offering it to the general vicinity) then yes, you are an asshole. Maybe you were just an asshole in college, I don't know you.

As for that third woman, I did read up on it, and there is a little bit more to the story: "The woman was seen by a doctor and visual signs of physical trauma typically found in raped women that were recorded after the alleged rape incident happened to her"
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:37 PM   #108
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,099 Posts

enough ravenfan!

you got big ben penis envy. we get it.

your jealousy just makes you look petty though.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:26 AM   #109
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,618 Times in 759 Posts

Quote:
3. Accused 3 times. I don't care how big a **** you perceive the victims to be. No means no. Period. But this is covered ground, and I know that most people feel they need to make a character judgment before a woman can be considered a rape victim. I am just glad we don't take in to account how much a person deserves to be robbed or murdered. SMH.

Rape or not, if you get drunk and treat women the way Ben does (i.e. whipping your dick out at a party and offering it to the general vicinity) then yes, you are an asshole. Maybe you were just an asshole in college, I don't know you.

As for that third woman, I did read up on it, and there is a little bit more to the story: "The woman was seen by a doctor and visual signs of physical trauma typically found in raped women that were recorded after the alleged rape incident happened to her"
Oh boy cause you wouldn't have trauma down there when you're having sex with someone, the doctors even admitted that there was nothing there to prove it was rape. Once again I'll point out the fact that the family chose not to press charges against him which is curious they said they didn't want to recant the accusations but that they didn't want to press charges. Again if that was my daughter I'd of gone after his ass with everything I possibly could. I don't think a bunch of drunken sorority girls are very believable to begin with.

As for McNulty the first accuser, she's an idiot through and through. Her own friend swore on an affidavit against her. So again I'll reiterate to you that Ben is only guilty of putting himself in position for gold diggers to make false accusations. I'll agree it was stupid and that he might of been being an ass in at least the Milledgeville incident but I'm not going to crucify a guy who wasn't convicted of anything. If the Rooney's thought there was an actual truth to the situation Ben would of been traded off for crappy late round draft picks just like Santonio Holmes. He served his suspension, and went through all the public scrutiny, and media hounding. I'd say that's punishment enough for unfounded accusations.

Last edited by IowaSteeler927; 01-01-2012 at 02:41 AM.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:22 AM   #110
Pitt6rings
Water Boy

Member Number: 20545

That idiot Goob has a new video out. Jealous much bro?

Last edited by Pitt6rings; 01-09-2012 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Link
Pitt6rings is offline   Reply With Quote