Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #41
Opt2loc
Draft Prospect
 
Opt2loc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Baltimore,MD
Posts: 133
Gender: Male
Member Number: 19028
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hate that Ravens fans have for the Steelers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
So 9 total players think Harrison is the dirtiest and 6 think it's Hines. Is this really supposed to mean something? Seriously? And 9 votes compared to the 36 Suh got is "almost made it to the top spot?" I guess math isn't your strong suit is it?

111 players from 31 teams? So they didn't even get players from all teams in this poll?

Just so you know...[that's not even 1% of the vote for either player. Hell, it would take both their vote totals added together to get above that 1%mark[/B]. And that's what you use for proof that he's the dirtiest player? You suck at debating.
So if it was a thousand players you think it would turn out any different?
I guess it's not so bad to be a distant second to Suh. You really think it's not relevent because of how many players were polled or how much in second harrison is. You guys would jump all over this poll if a couple of Ravens were on it and you know it.

Oh by the way 10% of 111 is 11, just so you know.
Opt2loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:37 PM   #42
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,696
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,788
Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,130 Posts
My Mood: Relaxed
Default Re: Hate that Ravens fans have for the Steelers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt2loc View Post
So if it was a thousand players you think it would turn out any different?
I guess it's not so bad to be a distant second to Suh. You really think it's not relevent because of how many players were polled or how much in second harrison is. You guys would jump all over this poll if a couple of Ravens were on it and you know it.
No I wouldn't cause it's a shitty poll from a very small player pool. I have much better standards than that.

It doesn't matter if it would be the same if they polled 1,000 players...if it was the same result it would be the same percentage. And that still doesn't help your argument any. That would mean (roughly) 60 players out of 1,000 thought he was the dirtiest player...driving up his percentage to .06%. How devastating!

You thinking it's relevant is just you grasping at straws. But you go ahead and tout that less than 1% (it's actually .054%) if it make you feel any better about your weak argument.
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:47 PM   #43
Opt2loc
Draft Prospect
 
Opt2loc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Baltimore,MD
Posts: 133
Gender: Male
Member Number: 19028
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hate that Ravens fans have for the Steelers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
No I wouldn't cause it's a shitty poll from a very small player pool. I have much better standards than that.

It doesn't matter if it would be the same if they polled 1,000 players...if it was the same result it would be the same percentage. And that still doesn't help your argument any. That would mean (roughly) 60 players out of 1,000 thought he was the dirtiest player...driving up his percentage to .06%. How devastating!

You thinking it's relevant is just you grasping at straws. But you go ahead and tout that less than 1% (it's actually .054%) if it make you feel any better about your weak argument.

Just in case you missed my edit. 10% of 111 is 11, just so you know

However you want to spin it. you got two out of the top five, congrats.
Opt2loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:51 PM   #44
Sixburgher
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 685
Member Number: 17648
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hate that Ravens fans have for the Steelers!!!

Someone needs to take a statistics class.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:54 PM   #45
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,696
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,788
Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,130 Posts
My Mood: Relaxed
Default Re: Hate that Ravens fans have for the Steelers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt2loc View Post
Just in case you missed my edit. 10% of 111 is 11, just so you know

However you want to spin it. you got two out of the top five, congrats.
I'm sorry, you're right...brain fart. Math isn't my strong suit either. I blame the calculator.

So that's just above 5% and still an extremely weak argument. Congrats on tossing around flimsy arguments like a fool!

It's still a shit poll and doesn't even come close to solidly prove anything. And I still have much higher standards than that...especially when trying to prove a point. Whatever makes you feel better about grasping at straws though man.
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #46
Opt2loc
Draft Prospect
 
Opt2loc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Baltimore,MD
Posts: 133
Gender: Male
Member Number: 19028
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hate that Ravens fans have for the Steelers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
I'm sorry, you're right...brain fart. Math isn't my strong suit either.

So that's just above 5% and still an extremely weak argument. Congrats on tossing around flimsy arguments like a fool!

OUCH!!! That one hurt.
Opt2loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #47
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,696
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,788
Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,130 Posts
My Mood: Relaxed
Default Re: Hate that Ravens fans have for the Steelers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt2loc View Post
OUCH!!! That one hurt.
Don't really care if it did or not. I'm just glad I'm not the one who brings up shitty polls to try and prove a point. I'd be more embarrassed than hurt actually. But whatever...it was a silly argument to begin with, you just made is sillier by bringing up the lame poll.
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:50 PM   #48
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Hate that Ravens fans have for the Steelers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt2loc View Post
http://www.freep.com/article/2011110...Ctext%7CSports

Hmm, voted by the players. Whines slipped to fifth but Harrison picked up his slack, almost made to the top spot. I guess these two Pop Warner HOFers need to be on the field more to gain the crown.
When you create a pansy league, you get pansy players that forget how the game is suppose to be played...by men!
__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:23 AM   #49
Opt2loc
Draft Prospect
 
Opt2loc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Baltimore,MD
Posts: 133
Gender: Male
Member Number: 19028
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hate that Ravens fans have for the Steelers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Don't really care if it did or not. I'm just glad I'm not the one who brings up shitty polls to try and prove a point. I'd be more embarrassed than hurt actually. But whatever...it was a silly argument to begin with, you just made is sillier by bringing up the lame poll.
I see you didn't get I was joking with that line about being hurt. What a surprise that is.


Yeah, funny how it's probably just Lions and squeeler fans that think it's a lame poll. Doesn't matter if they polled 20 people or 20,000. Bottom line is two of the dirtiest players in the league play on the squeelers. You are all to lame to admit it. You could probably go around the whole NFL and the only people that would agree with you are squeeler fans, go figure. Get your head out of the clouds. You're acting like a fool.

I am done with this thread. Enjoy yourself!!!
Opt2loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:35 AM   #50
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,696
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,788
Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,130 Posts
My Mood: Relaxed
Default Re: Hate that Ravens fans have for the Steelers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt2loc View Post
I see you didn't get I was joking with that line about being hurt. What a surprise that is.


Yeah, funny how it's probably just Lions and squeeler fans that think it's a lame poll. Doesn't matter if they polled 20 people or 20,000. Bottom line is two of the dirtiest players in the league play on the squeelers. You are all to lame to admit it. You could probably go around the whole NFL and the only people that would agree with you are squeeler fans, go figure. Get your head out of the clouds. You're acting like a fool.

I am done with this thread. Enjoy yourself!!!

Yes, I know you were joking...I just didn't care lol.

It's a poll of 111 players...get real. Do you base all your facts on such limited polls as those? 6 people man...6 people out of 111 is somehow significant to you. I just can't wrap my head around that, or how that equates to absolute fact in your tiny mind. It's just makes me laugh. Oops sorry, I mean 15 people across two players out of 111. Now it MUST be fact, right? I keep laughing at that...makes me think of Family Feud and how sometimes obvious answers aren't even listed. This is just so fugging silly. Honestly.

Bottom line...I don't care if 5% of those 111 people think Hines is a dirty players. Seriously. You're just making a giant fool out of yourself right now by not being able to admit that this poll is a joke.

You're attempts at football fan insults don't really bother me either...it's just a shield for you to try and cover up how stupid and ridiculous your point is. I get it, you don't like being shown up. Don't really care about that either.

But go ahead...keep making off the wall assumptions based on fan bias and a small sample poll. Whatever makes you feel like you've won. It's just so silly and short sighted and I'm glad I'm not as foolish and ignorant as that. Again, the fact that you keep touting this poll just means that you have zero debating skills and are incapable of backing up your words with anything meaningful. I'd run away from that too!
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts