Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-07-2011, 08:53 PM   #21
RatbirdExtreme
Water Boy

Member Number: 18912
Default Re: Should have tried FG

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
the freaking refs... that explains alot. i hate to give hakesheros wacky conspiracy theories any sort of merit, but yesterday when i read that 79% of the betting public were still taking the steelers -3, i made conscious effort to see if there were any strange inconsistancies in the officiating. makes you wonder.
Nah it was a badly called game all around. Check the Raven's board sometime, its full of OMG THE NFL AND REFS HATE BALTIMORE threads. I dont buy it as a Ravens fan, nor should you as a Steelers fan.

I will say this, and we can probably agree on this much. Roger would never admit it, but he wishes Baltimore and Pittsburgh would both just go away. All of his actions since taking over indicates he doesnt really care much for Defensive minded teams and play.

To the subject at hand, that was a complete mystery to me as well. But as a Steelers fan, wouldnt you take 92 yards to go, up by 4, and 2 minutes to go against almost every NFL team?
RatbirdExtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:57 PM   #22
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
No argument about Johnson -- he catches that ball and it's all over.

But the field goal would have been 47 yards with no wind.

I mean I probably couldn't do it, but "open end" or not, a professional kicker should be able to.

I don't think Suisham makes that kick. He's solid inside 35 yards, but NO WAY i'd bank on him making that long kick.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #23
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

I was actually relieved we got the penalty and decided to punt. I didn't have confidence Suisham would have hit the 47 yarder let alone a 52 yarder after the penalty. I thought the punt was the right decision at that point and felt even better about it after Kapinos pinned them at the 8. The Ravens had only 1 TD all game and that was set up with a PI putting them 1st and goal at the 1. With 2 minutes, I figured we'd hold with a 4 point lead. Didn't work out. I don't blame the coaches though. I thought they played it right on Offense. Passing was OK with me. If David Johnson makes the catch or Moore is looking for the ball we probably kneel it out.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:02 PM   #24
TRH
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatbirdExtreme View Post
Nah it was a badly called game all around. Check the Raven's board sometime, its full of OMG THE NFL AND REFS HATE BALTIMORE threads. I dont buy it as a Ravens fan, nor should you as a Steelers fan.

I will say this, and we can probably agree on this much. Roger would never admit it, but he wishes Baltimore and Pittsburgh would both just go away. All of his actions since taking over indicates he doesnt really care much for Defensive minded teams and play.

To the subject at hand, that was a complete mystery to me as well. But as a Steelers fan, wouldnt you take 92 yards to go, up by 4, and 2 minutes to go against almost every NFL team?

Um, when did the refs make a bad call that went against Baltimore? Why was Lewis not called for a 15-yarder for that helmet-to-helmet against Hines Ward? Hell, even the announcers were saying the league likely will be looking at that (fine) this week. Ryan Clark was called for his hit. And it changed the field position. No penalty on Lewis, there should be no penalty on Clark. Fair is fair.
What about the booth reviews where it clearly showed balls being almost caught, dropped, and "protected by the ground" that were NOT catches, yet one went in favor of Baltimore and the other against Pittsburgh.
I hear what you're saying a badly called game, i just honestly can say it wasn't "bad all around" as you say. It was bad for us, thats for sure.

I really hate to complain and whine about refs because we deserved to lose the game the way we played that last drive out, but for a minute (if i didn't recognize the head judge's face), i thought they had called replacement scabs in for the game. It was baaaaaad.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:04 PM   #25
TRH
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
I was actually relieved we got the penalty and decided to punt. I didn't have confidence Suisham would have hit the 47 yarder let alone a 52 yarder after the penalty. I thought the punt was the right decision at that point and felt even better about it after Kapinos pinned them at the 8. The Ravens had only 1 TD all game and that was set up with a PI putting them 1st and goal at the 1. With 2 minutes, I figured we'd hold with a 4 point lead. Didn't work out. I don't blame the coaches though. I thought they played it right on Offense. Passing was OK with me. If David Johnson makes the catch or Moore is looking for the ball we probably kneel it out.
agree w/everything you said. Johnson is definitely a goat today. He blew it big time.

And there was no excuse playing that soft, prevent defense, all but allowing them to march down the field, then leaving the end zone empty at the end for a receiver to run into. Really stupid.