Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #11
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315
Default Re: NFL fines Steelers' Clark $40,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
prolly some bullshit amount like $10-15k. his bias against the steelers if obvious. it's payback for embarassing his butt buddy belichick
Dont say that to loud, fans of other teams will think were just cry babies. Oh its obvious who's after who here in this league...

GOD I HATE THAT LOSER!

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:37 PM   #12
Opt2loc
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19028

Fines are great for the charities they go to I guess. It's pocket change for most every player. It won't deter any player from the way they play. Some players do make dirty hits and should be fined heavy but also suspended a few games. Goodell saying it's for the saftey of the game, I agree that's a crock.
Opt2loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:37 PM   #13
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,145 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
tbh i don't even think ray lewis should get fined, neither should. it's football! It's not a pretty boy sport, it's a man's sport and should allow room for hard hitting. im a little old school and think defensive players need to earn their keep too
Yeah, I get that too...but I also don't want to see guys running around with mush for brains 10-20 years after they retire. So I get the player safety aspect of it...but I don't think Goodell really gives a shit. I think he just wants everyone to get the impression that he does give a shit.

There are so many steps Goodell could take to make the game safer and still have it be a hard hitting game...but he's more focused on offensive scoring and uses the shield of player safety to get that, all the while not really doing much at all to actually do anything that would promote player safety (i.e. making all players wear the latest protective helmets; bullshit fines that no player cares about). It's all a crock of shit.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:37 PM   #14
truesteelerfan
Team Captain

Member Number: 11218
My Mood: Yeehaw

Here was Clark's response....Can't blame the guy...but now he'll probably be fined again...

“This time it’s wrong,” Clark said and then criticized commissioner Roger Goodell, “not that I respected Roger before this.”

Clark said if he’s going to get hit with such a big fine on what he and Tomlin and teammates believe was a clean hit, “I might as well put him to sleep for real” or take out the receiver’s knee.
truesteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:40 PM   #15
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

it's disgusting these assholes can't tell the difference between a player trying to force an incompletion at full speed, and a guy specifically head hunting. Goodell is trash.. as far as i am concerned, the NFL will never be the same again. pretty soon they'll be using instant replay for helmet-to-helmet hits.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #16
truesteelerfan
Team Captain

OK...Just did some math...Based on what I found to be Clark's 2.5M Salary this year...this 40K fine is the equlivent to a $480 fine for a normal person making $30K per year....

Thats not exactly a parking ticket....not going to make him unable to feed his kids or anything, but for something I consider just a good tackle (Tomlin used it as an example in film study as a textbook tackle) it is WAY too much. Screw you Goodell.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #17
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,145 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

In another reference to hockey...it shouldn't be Goodell who decides what's a fine/suspension and what's not. The best thing hockey ever did this year was make Brendan Shanahan (a long time player) Vice President of Hockey and Business Development and head disciplinarian. This way, it's not just some guy in a suit who's never played the game interpreting the rules and the hits and handing out fines.

Goodell really does have too much power over this game. And my bitterness towards it just grows every year. This isn't the game I grew up loving any more.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #18
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
In another reference to hockey...it shouldn't be Goodell who decides what's a fine/suspension and what's not. The best thing hockey ever did this year was make Brendan Shanahan (a long time player) Vice President of Hockey and Business Development and head disciplinarian. This way, it's not just some guy in a suit who's never played the game interpreting the rules and the hits and handing out fines.

Goodell really does have too much power over this game. And my bitterness towards it just grows every year. This isn't the game I grew up loving any more.
Goodell has his crony lawyer Ray Anderson in charge of that process. Who is possibly more qualified to **** people over for money than a lawyer?
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:00 PM   #19
truesteelerfan
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
Goodell has his crony lawyer Ray Anderson in charge of that process. Who is possibly more qualified to **** people over for money than a lawyer?
I'm sure his lawyer will do exactly as his client "Goodell" tells him to do.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:04 PM   #20
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post

Kind of like some of our past Presidents

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote