Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-09-2011, 02:05 PM   #21
Danny136200
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17651
Default Re: NFL fines Steelers' Clark $40,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by truesteelerfan View Post
Here was Clark's response....Can't blame the guy...but now he'll probably be fined again...

“This time it’s wrong,” Clark said and then criticized commissioner Roger Goodell, “not that I respected Roger before this.”

Clark said if he’s going to get hit with such a big fine on what he and Tomlin and teammates believe was a clean hit, “I might as well put him to sleep for real” or take out the receiver’s knee.
IT was a clean hit, the receiver was not defenseless, otherwise he would lower his to, wait for it, defend if self. Clark even lead with his shoulders. These types of rules right now are pretty ambiguous IMO. How is Lewis's hit (which he lead with his helmet, and Ward was defending himself) not flagged, but then 13 minutes later, Clark gets flagged for leading with his shoulder and trying to dislodge the ball from the receiver. I have never gotten these rules and probably will never. How is every receiver defenseless now? How is that a receiver who just lower is head to, again wait for it, defend himself, defenseless?
Danny136200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #22
Danny136200
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17651

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
In another reference to hockey...it shouldn't be Goodell who decides what's a fine/suspension and what's not. The best thing hockey ever did this year was make Brendan Shanahan (a long time player) Vice President of Hockey and Business Development and head disciplinarian. This way, it's not just some guy in a suit who's never played the game interpreting the rules and the hits and handing out fines.

Goodell really does have too much power over this game. And my bitterness towards it just grows every year. This isn't the game I grew up loving any more.
the terrible thing about it, is that if a player decides to fight the fine, guess who they have to appeal to? Goodell.
Danny136200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:38 PM   #23
FattyBeanDip
Banned

Member Number: 19153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreveport Steeler View Post
**** Goodell. I seriously wouldn't mind if something bad happened to that ****sucker
Great sentiment there .. you sure are a Steelers fan. Dirtiest players ever to play the game crying foul when their caught dead to rights ... funny.

it's about time the league finally caught up with the dirty play that has been the bedrock of Steelers play for years. Now without it, you guys will surely fade away into obscurity. I mean, c'mon ... clearly the Steelers can't compete on an even playing field. I think the Ravens sweep of the series points this out rather well. With the dirty play being more and more neutralized with each passing day, the Steelers become more and more insignificant.

I really doubt the Steelers will see another SB appearance any time soon.
FattyBeanDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:51 PM   #24
tunes4life
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8219

Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyBeanDip View Post
Great sentiment there .. you sure are a Steelers fan. Dirtiest players ever to play the game crying foul when their caught dead to rights ... funny.

it's about time the league finally caught up with the dirty play that has been the bedrock of Steelers play for years. Now without it, you guys will surely fade away into obscurity. I mean, c'mon ... clearly the Steelers can't compete on an even playing field. I think the Ravens sweep of the series points this out rather well. With the dirty play being more and more neutralized with each passing day, the Steelers become more and more insignificant.

While I don't agree with the sentiment to have something happen to Goodell, I do agree that something needs to be done about Goodells absolute power. It really is getting out of control.

Saying the Steelers are a dirty team is just downright silly. Yes they hit hard, which used to be the way the NFL was supposed to be played. That's the point. You want to rattle your opponent. Did you not see the Lewis hit on Ward? Have you not seen the constant chop blocks on Hampton? I would say at this point the Steelers are one of cleanest teams in the league and are treated like one of the dirtiest teams in the league because of their obvious distaste for Roger Baddell.

Your entire post comes across as petty and unintelligent. Looking at your other posts, you joined the forum just to gloat and thats fine. I know Steeler fans do it enough on other forums. But we have a good reason to. We're good year after year. I can understand how that would bother the second best team in the division year after year. Why don't you return to your forums and help them to design their superbowl rings? :)
Old 11-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #25
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,155 Times in 480 Posts

Big mouth, why are you here? You mean to tell me you can't resort back to your own boards now? Loud mouth f_cking troll that has won NOTHING. With all of what you just said, genius, the Steelers were the most fined team last season in ALL of football and STILL made it to the Super Bowl. Also, your little murdering mascot Ray Lewis was also fined you dipshit! That head to head shot was as dirty as your entire post according to your logic so GTFO with the rest of your purple fairy's.

Quote:
You still DO realize, even in this week 9 win, that fortunes are you're STILL going to have to go through us for a Super Bowl? Translation: The Ravens aren't winning shit! We own you, always will and that won't change come January. Enjoy your regular season Super Bowl.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:13 PM   #26
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:

Learn how to read and keep up. While some may not agree with Clarks fine, the general sentiment is that Goodell is ruining the game, and not by fines against Steelers alone.

You do realize that Ray Ray got a fine too right? For a dirty play? You are the definition of hypocrisy.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:08 PM   #27
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Learn how to read and keep up. While some may not agree with Clarks fine, the general sentiment is that Goodell is ruining the game, and not by fines against Steelers alone.

You do realize that Ray Ray got a fine too right? For a dirty play? You are the definition of hypocrisy.
a Ravens fan a hypocrite? damn.... i wonder where they get that from?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-his-players/
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:23 PM   #28
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunes4life View Post
I take it back Lewis did get fined 'an undisclosed amount'. WTF bullsh*t is that?!? Tell us how much he was fined!

http://tracking.si.com/2011/11/09/ra...rs-hines-ward/

It was like $20.....

TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #29
steelerjim58
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14701

What really makes me nuts, is that the rules committee is not taking into consideration the fact that the offensive players by instinct lower their heads before impact. If dickson does not lower his head there would be no helmet to helmet contact. They are laying all the blame on the defensive player.
steelerjim58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #30
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,155 Times in 480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
a Ravens fan a hypocrite? damn.... i wonder where they get that from?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-his-players/
Exactly. All these Ratf_ck fans established the term dirty not within their team, but their poor excuse of a fanbase as well, accusing us of such things after a loss in how we react when they wrote the book on it!

Quote:
But, Coach, Jameel went helmet-to-helmet against a defenseless player.

“Jameel tried to go low,” Harbaugh said. “He did everything humanly possible to hit the tight end low. You fine a guy $40,000 for trying to apply the rule. He tried to do something that’s against the rule of physics. I say you’re taking someone’s money unfairly.
Lmao, what does THAT sound like? Baltimore, their fans and their coach are pukes.