Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-09-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,775 Times in 2,938 Posts
Default Steelers united in anger towards Goodell AND DeMaurice Smith

Ryan Clark's words for Roger Goodell were only slightly more timid than the venom James Harrison spewed towards him in this summer's Mens Journal interview. Make no mistake about it, he will not be going to visit Goodell in NYC like the young Ndamikong Suh, unless its in "handcuffs". Mike Tomlin even called the $40,000 fine that had Ryan so ticked off "excessive".

To a man, it seems the entire lockeroom publicly stands behind him. But the teams frusration doesnt stop with the league. It is spilling over to their own union leader. The players were plenty vocal about it-

Ľ ScottBrown_Trib Scott Brown
Ryan Clark fined 40K, unloads on Goodell and says DeMaurice Smith needs to do something on behalf of players.

NealCoolong Neal Coolong
Roethlisberger to Union Exec Smith: 'Stand Up And Do Something For Our Players' http://sbn.to/sZgTtE via @btsteelcurtain

ScottBrown_Trib Scott Brown
Farrior on whether D. Smith can do anything: "We haven’t heard from him since the (CBA) got signed. I don’t even know what his role is.”

Farrior: "Nothing's going to get done. We already gave up all of our rights."

MarkKaboly_Trib Mark Kaboly
When I asked james harrison if De Smith should get involved with these fines. His response? "Who is that?"

willcolon74 Willie Colon
40k for a legal hit, they might as well turn in to the National Flag Football League. I feel For my family Ryan Clark. Keep smashing faces!

It should come as no suprise that the steelers show the same solidarity they showed for Harrison when there was backlash for his honest opinion. It truly is them against the world.

Remember, the steelers were the lone team that didnt vote for the labor union agreement that finally ended the lock out in time for the regular season to begin.

The main point of contention was Roger Goodell having all autonomous authority over the player's arbitrary fines and punishments.

I expect Dee to maintain his silence, and the Steelers continue to stand alone in their corner. Its them against the world. Band of Brothers.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:42 PM   #2
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: Steelers united in anger towards Goodell AND DeMaurice Smith

It's a sad state of affairs and should open the eyes of many in the NFL Front Office. Unfortunatley, Der Kommish has no interest in being fair or anything else for that matter. He wants a panty league and he's getting a panty league. Pretty soon they'll be drafting from the LFL!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:45 PM   #3
Danny136200
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17651

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
Ryan Clark's words for Roger Goodell were only slightly more timid than the venom James Harrison spewed towards him in this summer's Mens Journal interview. Make no mistake about it, he will not be going to visit Goodell in NYC like the young Ndamikong Suh, unless its in "handcuffs". Mike Tomlin even called the $40,000 fine that had Ryan so ticked off "excessive".

To a man, it seems the entire lockeroom publicly stands behind him. But the teams frusration doesnt stop with the league. It is spilling over to their own union leader. The players were plenty vocal about it-

Ľ ScottBrown_Trib Scott Brown
Ryan Clark fined 40K, unloads on Goodell and says DeMaurice Smith needs to do something on behalf of players.

NealCoolong Neal Coolong
Roethlisberger to Union Exec Smith: 'Stand Up And Do Something For Our Players' http://sbn.to/sZgTtE via @btsteelcurtain

Farrior on whether D. Smith can do anything: "We havenít heard from him since the (CBA) got signed. I donít even know what his role is.Ē

Farrior: "Nothing's going to get done. We already gave up all of our rights."

MarkKaboly_Trib Mark Kaboly
When I asked james harrison if De Smith should get involved with these fines. His response? "Who is that?"

willcolon74 Willie Colon
40k for a legal hit, they might as well turn in to the National Flag Football League. I feel For my family Ryan Clark. Keep smashing faces!

It should come as no suprise that the steelers show the same solidarity they showed for Harrison when there was backlash for his honest opinion. It truly is them against the world.

Remember, the steelers were the lone team that didnt vote for the labor union agreement that finally ended the lock out in time for the regular season to begin.

The main point of contention was Roger Goodell having all autonomous authority over the player's arbitrary fines and punishments.

I expect Dee to maintain his silence, and the Steelers continue to stand alone in their corner. Its them against the world. Band of Brothers.
This can be a turning point to the Steelers' season. It propel us to another level, IMO
Danny136200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:04 PM   #4
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860

Yea,the league watching us even closer!Can lighting strike Roger!PLEASE!!!
Old 11-09-2011, 11:48 PM   #5
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,052 Times in 2,588 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
It's a sad state of affairs and should open the eyes of many in the NFL Front Office. Unfortunatley, Der Kommish has no interest in being fair or anything else for that matter. He wants a panty league and he's getting a panty league. Pretty soon they'll be drafting from the LFL!
hey at this rate the LFL will be more entertaining

Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:55 PM   #6
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

they rallied last year and went all the way to the Super Bowl.. here's to hoping they can do it again and take their anger out on the rest of the league.. their number one goal should be to have that shit bag Goodell hand them the Lombardi trophy on Super Bowl Sunday. i can't imagine how satisfying it would be for those players.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:04 AM   #7
Stu Pidasso
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Just remember: The more fines we get, the deeper we go into the playoffs, the more money our players make bonus-wise. It all comes full circle...
Stu Pidasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:20 AM   #8
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
they rallied last year and went all the way to the Super Bowl.. here's to hoping they can do it again and take their anger out on the rest of the league.. their number one goal should be to have that shit bag Goodell hand them the Lombardi trophy on Super Bowl Sunday. i can't imagine how satisfying it would be for those players.
they also rallied in 08 behind the "worst offensive line to win a SB" and the most difficult strength of schedule ever witnessed by mankind.

They also rallied in 05 behind an insurmountable 7-5 start and an impossible road journey through the playoffs.

i think anyone who doubts this teams resolve either became a fan just last year or was too drunk to remember how they got to where they are.

thats my opinion and im sticking to it.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:24 AM   #9
tony hipchest

i do agree that if the steelers woulda beaten the ravens twice, they would be in a much better position. but they didnt.

still the ravens only represent 1/8th of our seeason, and we are only half way done. the division is there for the taking.

how defeated would the shitty, letdown, ratbirds feel when they swept us, yet still shit the bed vs the likes of JAX and TEN.

theyve had their gatorade shower for the year. now its time for ours.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:40 AM   #10
Big Daddy Beast
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19145

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
have that shit bag Goodell hand them the Lombardi trophy on Super Bowl Sunday.
I like your thinking.

There's some pretty cutting comments there regarding Smith about not knowing what his position is or even who he is. I'd reevaluate my choice of careers if that's how I were viewed.
Big Daddy Beast is offline   Reply With Quote