Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-10-2011, 02:21 PM   #21
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,924 Times in 779 Posts
Default Re: Knee Jerkers

I'm the type that looks at the overall picture of a football game. Even in the loss against the Ratbirds, I'm on record for saying that I actually LOVED the way we played and answered the bell on offense especially. We forced the turnover, took the lead and gave our defense a shot to close it out Sunday Night. Even in the loss and how we lost, I still think we are a huge contender and a VERY TOUGH team to beat.

The only time I get fired up is when trolled. I understand the heat and gave Ratbird fans props after the win but when it became 3 days after the loss and a new Ratbird poster popped up to stir the fire even more on a daily basis on our turf, then that's when I can get ugly and go toe to toe with anyone. But as far as our teams performances? As long as we win and as long as we can build from a loss, this team aint goin' anywhere! Sometimes a loss of this magnitude wakes a team up for a mid-season run.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:50 PM   #22
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
That was an abysmal drive by our defense. LeBeau has some problems holding on to close leads at the end of games. It's been apparent since the Super Bowl in '08. Very noticeable in 2009.
Our D seemed to turn a corner this season as far as pass coverage , however, not sure i l;ike the press coverage at the end of the game like that. If we are doing that our fastest DB should have been on Smith not one of our "slowest"
The defense didn't do the job at the end of the game , however, clock mismanagement and the offense did there part in the loss as well. All that was needed was one more first down from the O and game over, or at the very least keep the clock running, inmcompletions killed us as much as the defense not stopping the ratibirds.
Total team loss Sunday night, but looking forward I like our chances of finishing 12-4 or 13-3.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #23
truesteelerfan
Team Captain

Member Number: 11218
My Mood: Yeehaw

What fun would these boards be if everyone agreed about everything? Would we just sit here and compliment eachother's great thoughts as we all pat ourselves on the back?
truesteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:26 PM   #24
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
I'm the type that looks at the overall picture of a football game. Even in the loss against the Ratbirds, I'm on record for saying that I actually LOVED the way we played and answered the bell on offense especially. We forced the turnover, took the lead and gave our defense a shot to close it out Sunday Night. Even in the loss and how we lost, I still think we are a huge contender and a VERY TOUGH team to beat.

The only time I get fired up is when trolled. I understand the heat and gave Ratbird fans props after the win but when it became 3 days after the loss and a new Ratbird poster popped up to stir the fire even more on a daily basis on our turf, then that's when I can get ugly and go toe to toe with anyone. But as far as our teams performances? As long as we win and as long as we can build from a loss, this team aint goin' anywhere! Sometimes a loss of this magnitude wakes a team up for a mid-season run.
So what are you trying to say Stainless.......lol
I guess we'll have to go thump our chest after we win big on their boards..

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #25
BengalDestroyer
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16598

It's the opposite for me...I like to get on more to celebrate a win. I avoid getting on for at least a day after a loss. (maybe more after a loss to the goddamn shitbirds)
Old 11-10-2011, 05:17 PM   #26
steelbad@50
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14816

ETL, we love you man. You are a true Steeler fan through the good times and bad. I for one want to thank u for that inspiring post u so thoughtfully shared with us. I now ( reading your post) have something in my life that will cure the insomnia I sometimes suffer from, from time to time. So Doc, how much do we I you?
Old 11-10-2011, 05:23 PM   #27
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Good post ETL, the knee jerkers are one of the things that make it annoying to read some threads (besides the ramped homophobia when the patriots are brought up), and I say that knowing MOST of the people who post here regularly don't engage in those shenanigans.

It's like every time the Steelers lose there's a panic switch turned on and people flood here demanding the heads of (player who had a bad game this week).

After week 1 people were on here saying "nobody but Wallace showed up for the game" Woodley was accused of being a lazy-ass who didn't deserve a new contract, after week 4 Mendenhall was all but trade-bait to be replaced by the three-headed-monster Redman/Dwyer/Moore
After this game I saw one poster demonize gay to the point where he said he's been getting burnt all year, while true fans who've watched every game, or the Gay-meter, know that's simply not true.

It's just ridiculous, complete Capt. Hindsight panicky whiny bitter-grapes.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #28
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,767 Times in 2,249 Posts
My Mood: Fine

lol - I guess what burns my britches more than anything is the potential repercussions with playoff seeding. If anything for my own selfish reasons of wanting to go to a home playoff game. Nothing set in stone yet and really hoping that the Rats let it get to their head and have yet another late season meltdown. Speculating, but I'd rather lose to anyone a 3rd time than the Ratbirds. If we face them a third time and lose, I'm done watching sports until the 1st game of next football season - THAT will hurt more than anything.

What gives me comfort is that I can't sit here and say the Ravens are the better team - they won, yes - but I just have this "feelin' . . .'

I need a big W at Cincy to come, and it can't come quick enough - need a W to discuss for the next couple of weeks!

I'VE GOT SOME YOUTHFUL ADJUSTMENTS FOR 'DAT AZZ
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:08 AM   #29
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Quote:
Originally Posted by casteeler View Post
I may bad mouth certain players or plays but I praise a lot more, the funny thing is that there are a ton of positive threads and an equal amount of angry ones but people seem to pay closer attention to the upset posts.
Forgive me, I don't know if you do this but I can understand criticizing a player for playing badly in a given week . Fine - say that he played crappy this week. What I don't understand is the calls for "we should cut his ass" or "i don't know why he was signed...." or "please retire now"

If a player week in and week out plays poorly, I can understand those calls but after one game, I can't understand how such firm ultimatum-type opinions can be formed after just one game.

If a fan has been harboring those thoughts and was using the opportunity of a loss to vent - that's even weaker.

But don't get me wrong - I am not against discussion or opining or sharing of your Steeler passion. Nothing is more boring than lacking passion. I would just ask for a modicum of perspective. Otherwise, you risk rendering yourself as a "knee-jerker" i.e. one whose views should be summarily ... ignored.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:16 AM   #30
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Beast View Post
but your view is hypocritical. You say these people must have real problems in their own life because they blame a member(s) of our team's organization for a loss and vent about it on a message board, yet look how much time and energy you put into that post. You and them are all in the right; this is the reason for many message boards. Get your point across, no matter how valid it is or isn't.

That being said, I do applaud your passion.

As my old friend Chauncy said late in the evening of January 28, 1996: "Chill out, it's just a game."

Then I threw him out of a three story window.
I get really upset with Steeler losses. I can't watch ESPN or listen to sports radio for several days. After the SB, I couldn't listen to sport related things for about 2 weeks (thank god for NPR). So yes, you are correct, we have misery when the Steelers lose - including me. What is different is that I don't choose to take out my anger and misery by coming on this board and screaming that we should cut this guy and fire that guy and rue that we signed so and so.

I hated people like that on the sports teams that I was part of. When we were winning, everything was happy and great. When we lost, they were finding people to blame and oozing negativity from their pores. I understand constructive criticism and this was not it.

We all have problems in our real lives - some choose to use a Steeler's loss to vent it on a certain player or coach. i dont think i'm hypocritical because I don't do that.