Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-10-2011, 09:22 AM   #1
BossAus
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18668
Default NFL Predictions: Week 10

NFL Predictions: Week 10
Cumulative Record: (16-11)

Iím running short on time this week, so the summaries will have to be abbreviated. If you would like to see my NFL picks, mock drafts, and more, you can find them at bossausdrafts.wordpress.com.
Oakland Raiders at San Diego Chargers- Winner: Chargers

The first Thursday night game of the year is a matchup between AFC West division rivals. This division is up for grabs to anyone in the division. The Chargers offense took a step forward against the Packers last week, and I believe that they will beat a Darren McFadden-less Raiders team.

Pittsburgh Steelers at Cincinnati Bengals- Winner: Steelers

The Bengals have surprised the world with a 6-2 start and are at the top of the AFC North. However, besides the 49ers, they have yet to play against a strong defense. I believe the Steelers will rebound from their loss against the Ravens, and will handle the Bengals. Dick LeBeauís defense does an excellent job disposing of rookie quarterbacks.

New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons- Winner: Falcons

Last week the Falcons were able to cruise by the Colts. After a sluggish start, they are picking up momentum. I believe that their balance offensive attack will put up a lot of points, and the Falcons will beat the Saints at home.

St. Louis Rams at Cleveland Browns- Winner: Browns

The Browns started the year hot, but have fallen into a slump. I believe they get a win here when Colt McCoy faces off against Big 12 rival Sam Bradford. The Browns running game has suffered a lot of injuries, but their defense will be able to stop a Rams offense whose only weapon is Stephen Jackson.

Buffalo Bills at Dallas Cowboys- Winner: Cowboys

The Bills defense has played well the whole season, but with Dallas finally finding a running game, and with numerous receiving weapons, I believe the Cowboys will easily defeat the Bills in Jerry World.

Jacksonville Jaguars at Indianapolis Colts- Winner: Colts

This game is the best chance the Colts have to win a game this season. If the Colts canít win this game against a rookie quarterback with a below average offense in their own stadium, they might as well throw in the towel for the rest of the season. I believe the Colts realize this opportunity and step up to the occasion.

Denver Broncos at Kansas City Chiefs- Winner: Chiefs

After everyone was ready to write off Tebow, he showed promise in a victory against the Raiders. Meanwhile, the Chiefs gave the Miami Dolphins their first win of the season. However, I believe that the Chiefs will rebound from this embarrassment, and its defense will carry them to a victory in Arrowhead stadium.

Washington Redskins at Miami Dolphins- Winner: Dolphins

I believe the Dolphins will win their second game of the season against the free-falling Redskins. Though the Redskins defense is formidable, Miamiís offense was completely in sync last week, and I believe it will carry over to this week. The Redskins offense has been terrible as of late.

Arizona Cardinals at Philadelphia Eagles- Winner: Eagles

Kevin Kolb would like to face his former team, but due to a foot sprain, he may not be able to play. The Cardinals best offense is their kick returning unit, and that does not bode well for them. The Eagles will cruise to a victory in this one.

Houston Texans at Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Winner: Texans

The Texans are finally living up to their expectations. With a two-headed monster in the rushing game, and with Andre Johnsonís possible return, I believe the Texans will easily dispose of the Bucs in this matchup.

Tennessee Titans at Carolina Panthers- Winner: Panthers

Chris Johnson improved his game last week, but it will not be enough for the Titans to beat the Panthers. Cam Newton will continue to be Cam Newton, and I believe the Panthers defense will be able to hold the Titans ďvanillaĒ offense to less points than Cam will put up.

Baltimore Ravens at Seattle Seahawks- Winner: Ravens

The Ravens have established themselves as the team to beat in the AFC. I believe the Ravens will win this matchup, however it will be closer than many expect. The Ravens seem to focus on beating the Steelers so much that they overlook inferior teams.

Detroit Lions at Chicago Bears- Winner: Lions

While the Bears offensive line was able to keep Jay Cutler upright for the Eagles game, they will not be able to do so against the Lions defensive line. Cutler will be contacted by the defense early and often, and the Lions will take home the win.

New York Giants at San Francisco 49ers- Winner: Giants

While both teams have great defenses, I believe that the Giants have a far superior offense. With Jacobs and Bradshaw in the running attack, and Hakeem Nicks and Mario Manningham as weapons for Eli, the 49ers defense will not be able to contain the Giants offense.

New England Patriots at New York Jets- Winner: Patriots

After dropping two in a row, the Patriots are in trouble of dropping a third. However, I believe that Tom Brady will be the difference maker in what has the makings to be a close game, and will lead a late drive down the field to win the game for the Pats.

Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers- Winner: Packers

This wonít be the week the Packers lose. While their defense has struggled, the Vikings do not have enough weapons aside from Adrian Peterson to outduel Aaron Rodgers.
BossAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
Big Daddy Beast
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19145
Default Re: NFL Predictions: Week 10

Been awhile since I've done one of these.

San Diego Chargers
Pittsburgh Steelers
Atlanta Falcons
St. Louis Rams
Buffalo Bills
Indianapolis Colts- they're due, and the Jags are just the team to give it to them.
Denver Broncos
Miami Dolphins- what a joke of a game and very hard to pick.
Philadelphia Eagles
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Carolina Panthers
Seattle Seahawks- letdown time.
Chicago Bears
San Francisco 49ers
New York Jets
Green Bay Packers- David vs. Goliath was only a fairy tale.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
steelfury02
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 2,856 Times in 1,375 Posts

I hope you're right. If the Ravens have a let down against Seattle then they have no business being #1 AFC seed and I have full confidence we'll squeek away with division in the end.

Crossing my fingers.

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:45 AM   #4
Big Daddy Beast
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19145

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
I hope you're right. If the Ravens have a let down against Seattle then they have no business being #1 AFC seed and I have full confidence we'll squeek away with division in the end.

Crossing my fingers.
I would see it the exact same way if we slaughtered them in a week one, then just stole a victory in their stadium last week and played a "patsy" like the Hawks next. They got that blood pumping for last week versus their toughest division rival only to play a cupcake next? Yeah, but every cupcake in the NFL is made up of grown men paid to win (not counting Albert Haynesworth).

Bring on the letdown for them and the W for us.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:08 AM   #5
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860

49ers & Jets will win,other than those 2, I agree! Thanks for posting!
Old 11-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #6
steelfury02
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 2,856 Times in 1,375 Posts

hey - don't care what Seattle's record is - one tough place to play - I think they'll at least play it close to keep the Raven praising down a little

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:34 PM   #7
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921