Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-12-2011, 11:59 PM   #1
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,129 Times in 1,431 Posts
Default Talk is cheap.

We've heard lots of talk this season, Steelers fans. We heard talk about how our defense is to old and slow to be successful. We heard talk of our special teams unit being too vulnerable. Obviously at this point, past mid-season. One thing is clear.

Talk is cheap.

And incorrect.

This talk is nothing but assumptions. Assumptions by people who aren't playing anything, because they're retired. They likely retired years ago, hell, some of them may not have even played football. Talk is cheap, especially if the people that are talking don't have a clue what it's like to play in the NFL today.

Our defense isn't old. They're not slow. And they're NOT unsuccessful.
Our defense is fierce. They're prepared. And they're NOT...Healthy.

Our defense isn't healthy. They haven't been healthy. And they're (Insert discussion here).

Our offense was expected to improve, and it has. Running, not so much. But with the passing attack we have, it's something we can live without.

The question however is: Our defense has performed well after all the assumptions that have been made, and they haven't even been healthy. With a healthy Steelers defense, what do you guys see looking forward?

-You can discuss all you want. You can hold conversations with others about something. But when your making statements based on assumptions, you'll look dumb 9 time's out of 10.-

Never assume, because when you do you'll make an ass-u-me.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:51 AM   #2
steelfury02
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 2,848 Times in 1,370 Posts
Default Re: Talk is cheap.

With a healthy defense I still see the need for a youth movement. Basically, I just want a healthy 92, 56, 43 with the continuing improvement of corners and the rest will take care of itself

I'm more concerned with the offense holding up its end of the bargain in the first 3 quarters. They have zero sense of urgency and say what you want about moving it between the 20s, but their red zone efficiency is awful. We looked "good" against the Patriots, but it was still a lot closer than it should have been. Need to figure out a way to keep our hands on the opponents throats for 4 quarters. The blunder that was the Ravens game falls on the offense in my opinion. Yes, the defense shouldn't have given up the 92 yard drive, but why is the offense continually putting the pressure on our D? They have yet to live up to their potential.

Last question, - why is some of our most key plays to seal a HUGE win going to 85 who has maybe caught 3 other passes all season long? Yea - maybe that is all the defense was giving him and hindsight is always 20-20 but cmon those are the plays that separate contender from championship form

That said, they have everything in their power to make that next step.

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:06 AM   #3
Big Daddy Beast
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19145

Talk is cheap? I'd buy that for a dollar.

Our defense isn't healthy. They haven't been healthy. And they're still sitting there with a 6-3 record, having lost the latter two games by a combined 10 points.

I have a good feeling about today, and a better feeling about the rest of the season.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:44 AM   #4
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

A part of not being healthy or recovering faster from injury may have some merit to being older.......Face it some of our boys dont heal to fast.....Just sayin!

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:46 AM   #5
DoctorCAD
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10385

Quote..."Our offense was expected to improve, and it has. Running, not so much. But with the passing attack we have, it's something we can live without."...

No, it isn't. Even a fair running game would have gotten us the victory over the Ravens in the second game. Settling for field goals sucks.

Give me The Bus any day!
DoctorCAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:39 PM   #6
casteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Beast View Post
Talk is cheap? I'd buy that for a dollar.
B
Our defense isn't healthy. They haven't been healthy. And they're still sitting there with a 6-3 record, having lost the latter two games by a combined 10 points.

I have a good feeling about today, and a better feeling about the rest of the season.
I love the RoboCop referance.... Awesome movie partial shot the PGH
casteeler is offline   Reply With Quote