Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-13-2011, 07:41 PM   #81
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648
Default Re: Seahawks vs Ravens game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
Unless you split with Cincinnati; right now you are 1-2 and they are 1-1. If you split you are at 1-3 and they are at 2-3 at worst (losing to us twice). . .So . . .yea, that was exactly his point, you HAVE to sweep cinc. Run along and let the adults talk--if you split with cinci they own the tie breaker.
You do realize that overall W/L record in the end trumps division record if someone winds up with a clearly better record than everyone else, right? That was my point. But I'll continue to let jackasses like the two of you carry on.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:43 PM   #82
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
I did it (roughly) mid afternoon on gameday last week. I didn't want to see another post from him win or lose really. Agree on on your points as well.
I don't blame you. I don't mind the other visiting Ravens fans mostly since most of them don't always have the same old story that he did. He always said that they would beat us and it wouldn't even be close. And he was right one time. Plus the stupid talk about how in 2006 the Ravens "humbled" the Steelers.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:45 PM   #83
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post
You do realize that overall W/L record in the end trumps division record if someone winds up with a clearly better record than everyone else, right? That was my point. But I'll continue to let jackasses like the two of you carry on.
No, you said you owned the tie breaker. Quote "by virtue of beating them today, we own the early tiebreaker with them". You do NOT own the tie breaker. If you have a better record it isn't even a tie, that goes completely without saying. Wow you are uninformed, I won't be replying to you again. Here is a link for you to read up.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:07 PM   #84
LambertWardSteel
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11433

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post
Assuming Balt is able to beat Cincy next week during Steelers bye the Steelers only need to be 1 game better than Balt to win the division. That very well could happen considering how Balt plays when they aren't playing their Pittsburgh super Bowls.
LambertWardSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:09 PM   #85
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 7,457 Times in 3,112 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
Crusher of a loss. A completely inexplicable team. Can't fumble two kickoffs and expect to win. David Reed single handedly lost that game. Flacco's INT doesn't help either and playcalling is a mystery with one of the best backs in the league touching the ball less than 10 times. But I'm not worried yet as we stomped your ass twice and once we beat the Bengals next week (since we only seem to lose to teams with losing records) we'll be back in first place in the AFCN and in the drivers seat.

See you all in January (if you can hold off the Bengals)
If I were you i'd worry about the ravens being able to hold off the bengals. Your track record vs them isn't good.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #86
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
If I were you i'd worry about the ravens being able to hold off the bengals. Your track record vs them isn't good.
Amen to that, and I am VERY worried after that debacle. . .
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #87
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

Quote:
Crusher of a loss. A completely inexplicable team. Can't fumble two kickoffs and expect to win. David Reed single handedly lost that game. Flacco's INT doesn't help either and playcalling is a mystery with one of the best backs in the league touching the ball less than 10 times. But I'm not worried yet as we stomped your ass twice and once we beat the Bengals next week (since we only seem to lose to teams with losing records) we'll be back in first place in the AFCN and in the drivers seat.

See you all in January (if you can hold off the Bengals)
Had they scored more TD's instead of settling for FG's it would of been a blowout loss, reed fumbles or not. Face it...they moved the ball well against your hungover defense. Ray Lewis and that other guy getting their jocks completely ripped out by lynch to seal the game was just icing on the cake. You have a case of the 2009 Steelers, big wins against the top teams but too much complacency when facing inferior talent, and like the 2009 steelers you may find yourself along with the rest of the ravens watching the playoffs come december.... but hey at least you "stomped our asses"
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #88
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
No, you said you owned the tie breaker. Quote "by virtue of beating them today, we own the early tiebreaker with them". You do NOT own the tie breaker. If you have a better record it isn't even a tie, that goes completely without saying. Wow you are uninformed, I won't be replying to you again. Here is a link for you to read up.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures
I said EARLY tiebreaker, as in THIS WEEK. Yes, do me the favor and don't. Thanks.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:27 PM   #89
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14524

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
Had they scored more TD's instead of settling for FG's it would of been a blowout loss, reed fumbles or not. Face it...they moved the ball well against your hungover defense. Ray Lewis and that other guy getting their jocks completely ripped out by lynch to seal the game was just icing on the cake. You have a case of the 2009 Steelers, big wins against the top teams but too much complacency when facing inferior talent, and like the 2009 steelers you may find yourself along with the rest of the ravens watching the playoffs come december.... but hey at least you "stomped our asses"
And had we scored more points, we would have won...

You do realize the Seahawks average starting point on the field was damn near the 50. That is because of the fumbles and the int. You tell me the D was not strong after we give them the ball inside the 20 three times and all they come away with is 9 points? The end of the game was disappointing that we couldn't get the ball back, but I imagine the D didn't have much left at that point after playing lights out with their backs against the endzone all day.

But if I have a choice of having a 2-0 advantage over a AFCN opponent, or beating the Seahawks, I'll take 2-0 any day.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:07 PM   #90
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,245 Times in 3,621 Posts

Quote:
But if I have a choice of having a 2-0 advantage over a AFCN opponent, or beating the Seahawks, I'll take 2-0 any day.
Rationalize it all you want

Mike Preston of the Baltimore Sun disagrees

No one wants to overreact because it's still a long season, but the Ravens are blowing a tremendous opportunity here. When you play teams like Seattle, one of the worst in the NFL, you need to win because that's how you secure a first-round bye and home-field advantage in the playoffs, which has been a major problem for the Ravens during the Harbaugh era.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...7042183.column

Championship teams do not gag up losses to the Jags, Titans and Seahawks
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote