Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-29-2005, 12:31 AM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Angry my rant for today..

You know what really pisses me off sometimes....is how you have to pay for xtra coverage on the net for our black n gold.. i mean ya, we get all the basics, the breaking info, some player profiles and the stuff that you can see in your local newspaper if you want.. but damn, all the indept Steeler coverage.. the videos, player interviews, training camp insights, and good articles, you gotta pay xtra for. steelers.com and steelerslive.com both do it. They give you these little teasers of trailers or short vids to entice you to sign up.. but damn, it isnt like they are hurting for money here. I mean comon, its steelers.com for pete sake, the official nfl site for the team.. and steelerslive is run by the tribune review..

Its one for thing for an independent site like SF or anybody else who is running a site on the net where people like us can get together and they do it out of their own pocket.. I have no problems donating funds to help the cause of people who are willing to make cool, informative places for fans like us to hang out, meet new friends and talk about our Steelers or whatever the case may be. BUT these corporations who'll do anything for a buck at the expense of hardworking, die hard fans, just really annoys me sometimes.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 09:32 AM   #2
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Re: my rant for today..

I agree 100%.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 10:06 AM   #3
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

Blitz...I couldn't agree more. I remember back in the days when you could see all of this stuff for FREE at the main sites. Now EVERYWHERE you go...if you want to see anything you have to pay. It really sucks!!!
Old 05-29-2005, 05:38 PM   #4
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

I couldn't agree with you more. Between our local sites and big sports sites like ESPN it would cost us a small fortune to get all the information from them. And why? It ticks me off. We can't even get this stuff when it's our local team.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 06:10 PM   #5
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

And add the that, the NFL's complete lack of competency when scheduling who gets to see what games on sunday, based on your region.. WTF! Im PA, and the STeelers have to battle the ratbirds every year for airtime on CBS!! Thank goodness we usually win out and more Steeler games are shown than balt. games.. but still!!! I dont care if I am close to balt or not, IM IN PA!!! I dont wanna see the ratbirds!

I work for a cable company so satellite is a 4 letter word!
Old 05-29-2005, 11:07 PM   #6
Steelersfan

Member Number:

Well, that little 4 letter word let's me see whatever games I want on Sunday! :D
Except when they had a blackout of a few Pats games.....lol I was heart broken!

Speaken of that, What's messed up with the Sunday Ticket is that they will blackout a Pats game (on CBS) up here on Sunday Ticket but I can just turn to my local CBS station and watch the game. I guess it works out as I can still see every game. It just P's me off that I pay for this service and they can still blackout games.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:15 PM   #7
Ironman
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 320

For the record... don't buy Steelers Live Xtra from the Tribune. It is a rip-off in my opinion. The content just isn't worth the money. I did... and I won't again.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:35 PM   #8
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

Thanks for the info Ironman. Yah, we go rid of our Sunday ticket because of the crap they pulled...that's why I just go out to watch the game. We have to battle Cincy and Cleve here and sometimes Indy (when ther are far more Steeler fans that Indy)! It's all a bunch of crap!!!
Old 05-30-2005, 01:15 AM   #9
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Thanks for the update ironman, I was considering buying it, but now will reconsider that!

yeah, even the sunday ticket is subject to blackout rules, which is retarded.. its that way w/ all the college and pro sport packages.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:50 AM   #10
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I actually go to a bar for most the games anyway, number because of the fan club, we have raffles at halftime. But also because the brownies are always on here, which i understand that I am in Ohio, but after the brownies games they show the browns fifth quarter?? Instead of another AFC game. What the? They sucked for four qaurters now they have to put on a fifth? Its an hour long show, just to show maybe 3 highlight plays on a good day.