Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Fans United


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2006, 02:20 PM   #11
Stillers#1
Banned
 
Stillers#1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Living in Spokane, WA because fo the Air Force.
Posts: 1,178
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1082
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: i hate

Born in Pittsburgh and I lived there until I was 20, but I actually like being a Steelers fan in a city where they hate the Steelers, (Spokane, WA). It was a million times sweeter to see the faces up here, and hear all the whining, all I hd to do was show them my 5 time Super Bowl Champ sticker on my truck, and the whining was done.
Stillers#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:23 PM   #12
Blitzburgh55
Starter
 
Blitzburgh55's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: phila
Posts: 411
Gender: Male
Member Number: 481
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: i hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejoy71
great question. i have some as well, because that is quite a broad statement.
can anybody be under the age of 30 and be a real steelers fan?
so what about people who lived in pittsburgh, left and then had children and their children are steelers fans?
are they any less fans?
how many steelers fans would there be in pittsburgh if they never won a super bowl?

i was not born in pittsburgh nor have i ever lived there, i vist often and i am a diehard fan!
living in the midwest, i live in the indy area but travel to ciny, detroit and chicago a bit. i get crap every week for being a steelers fan. something steelerfan12 probally does not get living in the burgh.
Yea i lived in phila for my whole life but my whole family is from pittsburgh and most of them still do live pitt and im under 30 im only 13 but im a real steelers fan
__________________

Cant Touch This
A New Year. A New Ring. A New Hand.
Blitzburgh55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:32 PM   #13
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan City, IN
Posts: 3,253
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: i hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
Yea i lived in phila for my whole life but my whole family is from pittsburgh and most of them still do live pitt and im under 30 im only 13 but im a real steelers fan
Wow 13 enjoy your youth bro. I'm 27 so I'm getting closer to 30. It sucks trust me. But keep that Terrible Towel waving. We are fans of the greatest football team in the world.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:37 PM   #14
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: i hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
Hell yea bro. Hey you were at the Steelers/Colts Monday night game right? I remember meeting and talking to a father and his son before the game that were Steelers fans and from IL. I wonder if that was you. But if the Steelers/Colts do play each other this year in the playoffs and the game is at Indy. We should meet up for the game?

Could have been us...We were waiting out front about 50-75 ft from the big blow-up colt football player...some steeler fans kept turning off the blower and everyone would cheer as it deflated. Hey if its at Indy ..I'll be there brother!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:44 PM   #15
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan City, IN
Posts: 3,253
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: i hate

Yes I was around that big blow up Colts player and saw that and that was great. So we might have crossed paths. Small world.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 05:07 PM   #16
TP43
Water Boy
 
TP43's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 16
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2372
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: i hate

I think I oughta come clean. I am 20 years old, I live nowhere near Pennsylvania (South Florida), let alone Pittsburgh, and I just became a fan in the 2005 season. So u diehards can call me a bandwagoner and an unloyal, fake fan all u want. But I will continue to support the Pittsburgh Steelers regardless of the situation, because of their tradition of greatness. This isn't just a good team, this is a legendary franchise. There's a foundation here that's stronger than almost, if not all, NFL teams. Plus, I like the way the Steelers handle their business, so for these reasons, I chose to switch to them from the New York Jets (my former team).
TP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 05:12 PM   #17
steelcity984
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 91
Member Number: 2312
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: i hate

hmm, well I'm 16, my parents are from the 'Burgh but we now live in NC. I was born and raised a Steeler fan and I don't see how anyone can be a fan of another team.
steelcity984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 05:13 PM   #18
BBC
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 673
Member Number: 2109
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: i hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP43
I think I oughta come clean. I am 20 years old, I live nowhere near Pennsylvania (South Florida), let alone Pittsburgh, and I just became a fan in the 2005 season. So u diehards can call me a bandwagoner and an unloyal, fake fan all u want. But I will continue to support the Pittsburgh Steelers regardless of the situation, because of their tradition of greatness. This isn't just a good team, this is a legendary franchise. There's a foundation here that's stronger than almost, if not all, NFL teams. Plus, I like the way the Steelers handle their business, so for these reasons, I chose to switch to them from the New York Jets (my former team).
Not to mention the fact that we can make game-winning field goals. ;)
BBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 05:28 PM   #19
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan City, IN
Posts: 3,253
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: i hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC
Not to mention the fact that we can make game-winning field goals. ;)
LOL

Well if this guy is now a Steelers fan I guess he is part of the family of Steelers Nation. I don't know how to respond? But what made that Super Bowl XL win so much sweeter for me was suffering all those heart breaks before in Super Bowl XXX and the playoffs and still sticking by the Steelers when they finally did win it all. My whole life I just wanted the Steelers to win the Super Bowl once and that has happen. Black and Gold until I die. Win or lose brother. Here We Go Steelers Here We Go
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 08:41 PM   #20
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: i hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejoy71
great question. i have some as well, because that is quite a broad statement.
can anybody be under the age of 30 and be a real steelers fan?
so what about people who lived in pittsburgh, left and then had children and their children are steelers fans?
are they any less fans?
how many steelers fans would there be in pittsburgh if they never won a super bowl?

i was not born in pittsburgh nor have i ever lived there, i vist often and i am a diehard fan!
living in the midwest, i live in the indy area but travel to ciny, detroit and chicago a bit. i get crap every week for being a steelers fan. something steelerfan12 probally does not get living in the burgh.
I'm the same. I grew up in MD, having people tell me I should be either a Foreskin fan or a Baltimore Dolts (NKA Indianapolis Dolts) fan. But somehow my blood began to boil every time I heard those words. Thankfully, I got an early dose of the Black and Gold, smashmouth football and I sit here today a diehard Steelers fan.

Unfortunately, the people I work with think that just because I live in the Tampa area, I should become a Scubs (bucs) fan. I guess they just don't understand football the way it was meant to be played! And as far as I see it, only one team knows how to play it that way.
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts