Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 06-17-2006, 09:55 AM   #1
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304
Default You Want To Say Who Cares but This Article irked me

http://www.travelgolf.com/blogs/chri...=1&disp=single
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 10:12 AM   #2
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545
Default Re: You Want To Say Who Cares but This Article irked me

Well it was a bonehead move. I particularly don't like what he says about Steeler fans.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 10:18 AM   #3
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

No doubt, it was a bonehead move, I agree. But to compare Ben to an alcoholic golfer with a gambling problem and a problem with keeping his hands to himself and not on his wife is completely ridiculous.

As for the fans...........Super Bowl XL showing, the season ticket waiting list and what Heinz Field looks like during every home game is all I have to say. Here can also take the time out to read these four articles courtesy of Suit.....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200.../09/28/mexico/
"Though futbol still reigns supreme as the country's No. 1 sport a decade later, football, it would appear, is holding its own. Recent NFL surveys credit Mexico with the largest fanbase (20 million) outside of this country, most of them Cowboys, Steelers and 49ers fans -- which explains how San Fran landed an invite."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05051/460162.stm
" "Even though there's a small Hispanic community in Pittsburgh, the Steelers are very popular in Mexico. Very popular," said Will Wilson, the managing director of NFL-Mexico in Mexico City."

http://www.voanews.com/english/archi...TOKEN=12971715
"There are Steelers bars in Ireland, Iraq, and China. There are even a few in Seattle."

http://www.geocities.com/jonclark500.../steelers.html
"Many of the most popular NFL teams in Mexico - the Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders and Chicago Bears - come from U.S. cities with large Mexican populations. But the team that seems to have the largest number of gear-wearing fans these days - the Pittsburgh Steelers - is one that wouldn't appear to be such an obvious match with Mexico."

The guy is clearly a dope.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 06-17-2006 at 10:36 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 10:45 AM   #4
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Stupid retard. I hope he freaking gets cancer and suffer from it for a very very long time without dying. I actually think he is just one of those freaking jealous morons. You know, when a guy like Ben plays football, and becomes national (and international) idol, this Baldwin idiot just sits in small box and writes some senseless shit about most boring sport on earth, that nobody knows his existence and even his own mother can't remember him.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:29 AM   #5
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1031

Did you read what some other people wrote this dumbass?

1. "Stick to golf moron...not that you're any good at writing about that either."
2. "Hey Baldwin isn't this a golf site? Also I guess you didn't watch Ben have three great performances against the 1,2, and 3 seeds in the AFC playoffs. Hope you aren't lonely in the blogs' stupidity ward."
3. "Steeler Nation listen up: these chowderheads are jealous, narrow minded LOSERS! I wouldn't be surprised if this guy is a Bungals or Browns or Raiders fan. But more than likely, he doesn't like or understand football. He just likes...golf?"
4. "So forget about him. He'll come up with some stupid, juvenile comment. He,no doubt, has lots of time to ponder these things as he tries to hit the little ball past the windmills and giant plastic dinosaurs."
HERE WE GO STEELERS! HERE WE GO!

BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
DIESELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 12:11 PM   #6
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELMAN
Did you read what some other people wrote this dumbass?

1. "Stick to golf moron...not that you're any good at writing about that either."
2. "Hey Baldwin isn't this a golf site? Also I guess you didn't watch Ben have three great performances against the 1,2, and 3 seeds in the AFC playoffs. Hope you aren't lonely in the blogs' stupidity ward."
3. "Steeler Nation listen up: these chowderheads are jealous, narrow minded LOSERS! I wouldn't be surprised if this guy is a Bungals or Browns or Raiders fan. But more than likely, he doesn't like or understand football. He just likes...golf?"
4. "So forget about him. He'll come up with some stupid, juvenile comment. He,no doubt, has lots of time to ponder these things as he tries to hit the little ball past the windmills and giant plastic dinosaurs."
HERE WE GO STEELERS! HERE WE GO!
Ha ha ha. Well said.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:05 PM   #7
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCod Steel Head
Well it was a bonehead move. I particularly don't like what he says about Steeler fans.
Yes I should have pointed out what POed me and it was only what he said in regards to Steeler fans.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:19 PM   #8
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts

The chump is writing a blog on golf and needs to figure out how to draw attention to himself by writing flames - if you respond to his nonsense it drives up the number of hits to his page and he can claim it shows how popular he is.

Ignore him - you can describe Steelers fans many ways, but the idea we are simply jumping on the bandwagon because they won the SB is so clueless and contradicted by Steelers fans having shown up in force at road games for years that it is does not merit a response.

That having been said, Ben's conduct regarding motorcycles has been boneheaded and, with regard to riding without a license, literally a crime.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 03:05 PM   #9
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Obviously this schmuck is in dire need of a seeing eye dog. Steelers fans are not only nationwide, they are worldwide, and have been for decades.

If it looks like a turtle and acts like a turtle (both correct in this case), chances are it is a turtle.
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 05:33 PM   #10
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestbank Tiger
I'd bet South Korea has a lot of Steeler fans too.

I heard the Seahawks and Eagles are popular in Africa because of all the Super Bowl Champion shirts people have over there. But most fans in Africa say nobody will ever match the great Bills dynasty of the early 1990s.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote